Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, since this is a brand new spankin' forum let me be the one to open the transfer rumor thread eh? :)

I've got one! But, it's about our on-loan player Peter Luccin of Celta de Vigo. :daze:

19 April 2002 (Teamtalk) -- Celta Vigo's on-loan midfielder Peter Luccin says he wants to stay in Spain, but that his contract holders PSG want to sell him elsewhere.
"PSG want me to go to another club (other than Celta) because they will make more money that way," said the 21-year-old Frenchman, who moved to Spain this season after a £9million transfer from Marseille to PSG the previous season.

"My intention, I repeat, is to stay at Celta Vigo.

"My agent has had several offers and we'll have to look at all the options."

Paris Saint Germain are looking to sell Luccin, Stephane Dalmat and Nicolas Anelka, on loan

respectively at Inter Milan and Liverpool to recoup the £40million they doled out for the trio two years ago.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Luccin will be sold in the summer, that's for sure. Now let's make the most cash we can on him. It's not the right moment to spit on money so,at the risk of going against the player's will, let's give wait for the offers and jump on the best one in economical terms for the club. :)

That's too bad because he's undoubtedly good, but as far as I understand, the club has no intention whatsoever to keep him so why bother discussing it?...

Another rumour floating in the air...
Alain Boghossian to PSG ?

Reports from Italy, not denied by the player, suggest that the Parma midfielder might be tempted by a return to France in general and to PSG in particular. Depending, off course, on what position PSG end up in. Less good than a 3rd place (>> CL) would make a deal quite unlikely.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bobby Robson is reportedly set to finalise a permanent switch for PSG defender Sylvain Distin after the Frenchman impressed on loan this season.
The 24-year-old has been a regular feature in the United back four since his arrival from French giants PSG, and the Newcastle boss has made it clear that he intends to keep the versatile defender at St. James' Park following his solid performances in The Magpies' rearguard.

Robson hopes to finalise a £3.8million deal for Distin before his current loan deal expires at the end of the season.

Oh boy, we're gonna lose another on-loan player. Distin is a very young good french defender that could turn out to be a big-time player but the money offer is quite attractive to our management for sure. ;)

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
04/10/2002. Paris Saint-Germain are being linked with a summer move to bring French international midfielder Alain Boghossian back too his homeland.

His club Parma may be willing to let the 31-year-old leave in order to boost the club's finances which are not particularly strong at the present time.

Fernandez is also apparently keeping an eye on Johan Micoud and Matias Almeyda as he looks to boost his squad for next year's Championnat push.

The one stumbling block with Boghossian may prove to be the player's wages.

Stephanho - Alain Boghossian is seriously linked to our club and I think this is become more and more reality for him to come to play at the Parc des princes next season but once again the Champions League spot or not will be the key to this, and Auxerre is leading us to it which makes me even more worried! :devil:

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
More players linked to PSG:
  • Johan Micoud (Parma)
    We have to face the concurrency of Nantes and Bordeaux, his former club. I really like him, I hope it holds some truth.
  • Matias Almeyda (Parma)
    I'm skeptical at our chances to land him in Paris...
  • Rafael Alkorta (Athletic Bibao)
    Apparently, the ex-international Spaniard remained a close friend of Luis who used to coach him back in the Bibao days.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Rafael Alkorta met PSG coach Luis Fernandez on Sunday night to talk about a free transfer.

"Fernandez has coached me before and we always got on well. I would be delighted to take up with him again at PSG."

"I have decided to quit Athletic in June, but I feel fine physically and I want to go on another season or two. I want to continue with a prestigious team and PSG are ideal. It would be a source of pride for me to play for them.

"I know from talking to Luis that it's a club with real organisation and a real project. And who wouldn't want to live in Paris, one of the most beautiful cities in the world? I hope to be there next season, but that depends on Luis."

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
is Stéphane Dalmat only on loan to Inter?? I don´t think soo....
If Dalmat would like to play for us it would be really good but I think he now is happy to play for Internazionale and he don´t wanna return to us:depress:

about the other roumours:
Johan Micoud would be a very strong signing and I hope it can become reality!!!!

Alain Boghossian is also a strong signing...

Alkorta from Bilbao, well I don´t really seing us needing him!
we have already Déhu, Talal, Pochettino, Potillon and thats enough, our problem is not at the defence...

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Perhaps we don't need an extra defensive player, Alkorta for instance, right now. That would imply summer departures then. Anyway, it looks like a done deal.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
what we need is a scorer that puts the bal in the net!!
Aloisio is good but misses to much, don´t you agree?
it´s sad that Laurent Leroy is injured and Anelka just being Anelka :depress:

in my opinion we should use Alex more, for me he is a good scorer!

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Agreed.

At the beginning of the season, I had great hopes on the Brazilian Aloisio-Alex duo. I'm a bit dissapointed at their performance. Perhaps one of them needs to leave. Btw, Alex pledged his future to PSG today. Talent wise, I rate Alex higher but hence, he's been bloody unefficient this season. I hope he can turn the trend next season if we keep him.

An additional forward whose scoring abilities are well-know wouldn't be superfluous, that's for sure.

Oh and as for Nico, he will be sold.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Psg are according to scottish media after Hicham Zerouali of aberdeen. Marseille, and several english clubs are also interested.
He will leave for free when his contract expires.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ogbeche, Laurent Leroy, Alex and Aloiso should be our main players. I'm sure Leroy will continue to have an injury plauged carreer so we must prepare for the worst. I'd like to try Ogbeche-Alex or something like that and then see if we should use Alex-Aloiso instead of the previous one i mentioned.

Alex has not been given that much opportunities and has always been a great talent IMO but even with Fernandez's pathetic rotation system he hasn't been able to crack the starting eleven that much which is quite sad and pathetic if you ask me. Is he really that off-form? :eek:

Oh boy, Almeyda and Micoud? Two dream signings! I can assure you if we make the Champions League we'd have a succesfull season with those two joining in. Oh yeah, Stephanho.. I've always been a fan of Sylvian Distin but it wouldn't be one of those things that kill us if he doesn't return, you know? :)

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Paris Saint-Germain's efforts to sign on-loan Marseille midfielder Andre Luiz are faltering after it emerged that Nicolas Anelka's wage demands are holding up his transfer to Liverpool.

The capital club are keen to sign Brazilian midfielder Luiz from Tenerife - but Marseille sports director Bernard Tapie has claimed that PSG need to sell players before they can bring in any new faces.

"PSG don't have the money," he said. "Andre Luiz is at Marseille and if he leaves, it won't be to go to PSG because they haven't got enough cash."

PSG have agreed a fee with Liverpool for on-loan forward Anelka of around £17 million. But the France forward's permanent move has hit a stumbling-block as Liverpool have refused to agree to his salary demands.

This impasse puts PSG in a difficult situation. In February, coach Luis Fernandez admitted that Luiz impressed him, saying: "Andre Luiz is a good player, we know him and we are following him."

Fernandez's efforts to build his own squad since returning to the club 18 months ago have been hampered by their financial position. Two years ago, PSG paid £22 million for Anelka and £9 million for Luccin - as both players have left the club on loan deals, PSG have not been reimbursed for those purchases.

But the club cannot buy until some of their departures are finalised. They are set to receive a windfall of cash if three other loan deals are turned into permanent moves this summer, including £3.5 million from Newcastle for Sylvain Distin and £2 million from Derby for defender Pierre Ducrocq.

The club also hope to receive £9 million for Peter Luccin from Celta Vigo but the Spanish side are keen to extend the loan deal.

Luiz said earlier this season: "I still belong to Tenerife and the president called me a few days ago to say there had been some offers for next season. PSG were mentioned."

Liverpool coach Gerard Houllier hinted that the deal to bring Anelka to the club on a full-time contract had hit a major block when he said last week: "We would like to keep him with us but we will see - there is the club, the player and the various interests of everyone."

Anelka himself seemed keen to stay at Anfield. He said last month: "It's been a long time since I enjoyed myself on the pitch. Liverpool are a fantastic club. Here, it is not like in Madrid or Paris. You can go out in the street and not be disturbed by people."

Andre Luiz? This guy is a fantastic player IMO. I've seen him play many times but the game that made me more scared of him was the game when he lead Marseille to defeat our very own PSG. He's an excellent player and can create many chances which we have been lacking. He'd fit in with us, just if Luiz Fernandez cuts out the one again pathetic rotation system. :rolleyes:

Anelka, go away! get out and let Andre Luiz take your place! :)

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
hmm many roumours to discuss this time...

about the players:

Luccin: im sorry he doesn´t showed his class in Paris, I really love this player! and now he seem to be happy at Celta Vigo, so let´s sell him...I dont want unlucky players at PSG!..

Anelka: SELL!!!! we need cash and this guy (I once loved him) only causing trouble...

Distin: seems already settled at Newcastle...he ain´t bad but Im not sorry if we sell him.

Pierre Ducrocq: why do we sell him?????????? he is a quality midfielder!!!! he work hard and have class!!!

well this is what I think and maybe you shouldn´t listen to me but I consider myself as both PSG and France expert

:) ;)

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So, it's the last game at Parc des Princes today. Are you going, Leboeuf? ;):)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Almeyda admirers line up Thursday 2 May, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matias Almeyda’s spell in Italy could be coming to an end after recent interest from two European clubs.

The Argentine has caught the attention of Paris SG and Turkish giants Fenerbache amongst others and he could be tempted to leave the Gialloblu.

The central midfielder has never really left his mark at the Ennio Tardini since his move from Lazio two years ago.

And with the club set to start a new cycle during the summer, the expensive talent could be shipped out in favour of a younger and cheaper replacement.

PSG boss Luis Fernandez is a massive fan of the international who is set to star for his side at this summer’s World Cup.

The 29-year-old Almeyda has also attracted interest from a number of Premiership sides including Leeds United in the past six months.

channel4

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Almeyda would surprise me if he came but he'd fit in with this team especially if both Okacha and Arteta leave which are pretty likelly, i am sad because of the probable departure of Mikael but Jay Jay's wage demands are no good for our club. :depress:

Almeyda, Boghossian and Reinaldo are the three players who are gonna be chased this summer IMO.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
PSG Snap Up Andre Luiz
News Archive

05/02/2002.

French capital club Paris Saint-Germain quickly pounced on the opportunity to sign Tenerife talent Andre Luiz after Olympique Marseille surprisingly passed on their option to pick up the Brazilian playmaker permanently after his successful loan spell at the Riviera side.

The silky-skilled 28-year-old has been one of the revelations of Le Championnat this season and is believed to have cost PSG in the neighbourhood of £10-13 million – a valuation which OM are thought to have balked at.

soccerage

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yahoo! Andre Luiz was the one who killed us the the OM - PSG derby like 3 weeks ago, He's welcomed by me! :happy:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts