Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nicolas Anelka has completed his move from Real Madrid to Paris St Germain, for a reported £22million fee.
The 21-year-old France international ended his turbulent career at Highbury when moving to Real for £23million a year ago.
After just one season with the Spanish giants, highlighted by victory in the Champions League final, he has returned to PSG, where he played from 1995 to 1997 before moving to Arsenal.
PSG president Laurent Perpere said: "We are very happy, particularly as Nicolas' arrival helps us complete the group of players we have at PSG who are young, talented, solid and hungry for success."
Many sceptics will suggest that Anelka has little chance of seeing out his new six-year contract in France, but Perpere insists that he is more than happy to take a chance on the wayward prodigy.
"There was no point in making him come to PSG if there was not a strong interest on his part to be part of the club's project," Perpere told the club's official website.
"That was why I decided to spend an unusually large amount for French football. The reason the negotiations succeeded was because we shared the same aims.
"The aim of this whole operation was not commercial, but rather to bring a very talented player to PSG."
Anelka is set to be paraded in front of the PSG fans tomorrow night, at half-time in their friendly with Corinthians at Parc des Princes.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
1 millon £ for CL goals? OH YEAH!

Well, we finally got rid of Anelka, who had every chance of taking the fast-lane to Word-class but let his HUGE Ego stop him.....

Anelka NEVER had a place in Real, Sanz buyng him was an emabarresment for us! We already had Mori and Raul and all we needed was a really good player to come of the bench. But Sanz bought us a football diva who could not accept being on the bench nomatter how bad he played....And those mystery injuries....

But, overall...Wo "only" lost 1£ in transfer fees and some wage.

For all that we got about three important goals.

2 in the CL and one against Barca. So, loosing 1 million in football is not THAT bad.

In the future on about how much we could have got, noone knows right now.Anelka can get past his ego or let him take several steps back....

Real&Barcafan

HALA Mori-Raúl!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have seen players who have left their clubs after problems and have gone on to become goal scoring sucesses.
anelka might be just one of them.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I think Anelka leaving us is overall better than worse. Talented he may be, I hate to see another player that may spoil the dressing room harmony like Seedorf. However, he has left us short of a pacy striker.
Let's wish him all the best for his future at PSG.

PS: Sorry but I just can't help adding in.. I had to commend Perez for his work.. Already he had minimised our transfer loss to 1M pounds and check out the clause that says we're entitled to 40% of any additional value above the 22M pounds if PSG sells him in the future.

[Edited by cliffordil on 24-07-2000 at 01:36]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts