Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, Its JureM and I'll take my punishment like a man after this..if you guys want to, give me an extra month or 2 or 3 for posting under another name but, I just have to say this...while this game had taken every ounce of energy from me and I;m sure all of us, after tonight, I'm proud to be a Hrvat like never before. We left it all out on the field today.

First congrats to the Turks...they have a never say die spirit that I admire. What a game from them...its a shame they'll be missing 3 or 4 players but, they played their hearts out and that's all that matters. Wonderful job.

To Robert and Niko Kovac who are probably retiring after this one..Hvala vam!!!!

What can you do...we also played our hearts out...left it all out on the field today and it came down to losing in the worst possible way and that's penalties.

The future...looks great...lots of good young players and we will make a lot of noise in the next World Cup.

Everything I said about Olic I take back...the guy ran his heart out today...he's never been a great finisher but he did create a lot of chances...sta mozes.

Pranjic is going to be a great one...Modric needs to keep his head in the game a full 90 minutes...

Ehhh...I'm gutted...absolutly gutted. Though 2 minutes of added time when there never should have been is the only mistake this ref made all day long.

See ya in a few months!

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Guys, Its JureM and I'll take my punishment like a man after this..if you guys want to, give me an extra month or 2 or 3 for posting under another name but, I just have to say this...while this game had taken every ounce of energy from me and I;m sure all of us, after tonight, I'm proud to be a Hrvat like never before. We left it all out on the field today.

First congrats to the Turks...they have a never say die spirit that I admire. What a game from them...its a shame they'll be missing 3 or 4 players but, they played their hearts out and that's all that matters. Wonderful job.

To Robert and Niko Kovac who are probably retiring after this one..Hvala vam!!!!

What can you do...we also played our hearts out...left it all out on the field today and it came down to losing in the worst possible way and that's penalties.

The future...looks great...lots of good young players and we will make a lot of noise in the next World Cup.

Everything I said about Olic I take back...the guy ran his heart out today...he's never been a great finisher but he did create a lot of chances...sta mozes.

Pranjic is going to be a great one...Modric needs to keep his head in the game a full 90 minutes...

Ehhh...I'm gutted...absolutly gutted. Though 2 minutes of added time when there never should have been is the only mistake this ref made all day long.

See ya in a few months!
Hey, sorry about the last post in the other threat, we can't go banning everything Serbian on XT, that was for 5 years ago, not now. Things are quieted down and good for it, because I don't have the time anymore to deal with that nonsense that used to be here.

Agreed with everything you said above, we were the better squad, and goes to show that sometimes anti-football can win, but the Turks played the way we knew they would with so many out. They played the full match and they were rewarded for it.

Cheersch

·
Registered
508 Posts
Thank you guys! You should really be proud of your young generation...You battled very well, but the ball didnt go well with you...It was our luck this time.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Great post Jure, I look forward to reading your post daily, even though, I myself don't post alot. Everyting you said in your post is true, before reading yout post I felt like s**t, after reading your post I still feel like
s**T, but now not as much:). Keep up the good work and keep fighting the good fight. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
647 Posts
It's hard to say it, for all the hate Serbs and Croats seem to have against each other these days, but I feel pretty bad after this loss.

·
Master Debater
20,733 Posts
Congrats the the Croatian team here, they played their hearts out and left everything on the field. Really shitty for any team to get knocked out on penalties.

Your team showed their class today and has a bright future.

Modric is a beast, he's going to be a HUGEEEE hit on the EPL. Good luck to him.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Hvala Momci. Croatia is proud of you today and you've once again shown us in the best possible light.

Lady luck didn't smile, but chin up everyone.

Volim te Hrvatsko, svim srcem.

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
sorry jure but if you wanna be punished please contact someone else. i'm simply too depressed to ban anyone right now.

still i am proud of our team cause they fought hard and left their heard out there. throughout the entire tournament. as i saw one of our guys write somewhere it will take some time to recover from this. i honestly feel we were better

·
Administrator
52,993 Posts
You were better in most parts, but it wasnt enough, because there wasnt enough chances there to punish the turks who played similarity as you did, closed nervous game most of it.

It was all about who fought for it more, in most of the game it was equal mental battle, until the last minute, where the euphoria of your goal made you lose focus, and you got unlucky.

And JureM, nothing short of a great post. Well said.

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
Mi smo hrvati nema predaje. Moje scre je napunjeno se ponos:thumbsup:

Tough loss tough loss Klasnic you are a hero to me no excuses from me i'm more confident in this team then ever we have the pieces and we will have better days. I'm just thinking about the world cup!! I'm so proud of these guys.

Uvijek Vjerni!! Uvijek

Jure your best post ever!!!

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Jeez, when and why were you banned???

Thanks though and look forward to a bright future

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Thanks for all your great comments. I have always been a fan of your NT in the past few years and it's sad to see u go. :(

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
By the way, verytime I see Bilic, I always talk about his education (Law), his vast knowledge of languages and his good taste in music :D very refreshing

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Hope so, but this one hurts sooo much, it was like home as 06 was. South Africa is a different story....

·
Registered
14,050 Posts
Hope so, but this one hurts sooo much, it was like home as 06 was. South Africa is a different story....
Maybe it's a good thing...we need the team to be as far removed from the euphoria as possible...hard to do but if we get to SA it could be our best chance.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Jure... classy post... very classy! Respect Mon! :thumbsup:

If I may inject... this is my second bout of acute and sudden depression. First episode was in 98. :cry:

IF anything... championship teams need to learn how to lose before they can win. Our guys just learned the lesson of a lifetime. This experience has to make them better. Bilic will ensure this painful loss is the first step to South Africa and a deep run in that tournament.

IMO.. going to the semi's or the finals for this team could have become a situation where to much success came too soonn for such a young group.

This loss gives our boys a greater purpose... a stronger resolve... an extra level of hunger that they will need to take on the Englezi and to qualify for the 2010 WC.

Our guys are so young and talented... I am proud of their efforts and Igleam with optimism about their future... but mostly... I am proud to be a Hrvat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
In every qualyfying campaign begins & ends a journey, for the players, fans & nation one of hope & dreams.

Our journey for this campaign has ended. We could not have asked for more. At times we were great, we deserved to have won but maybe lady luck is saving herself for next time round.

We should be very proud, considering the enormous achievement in qualifying, beating major teams like England & Germany & attaining credibility for the way we played & were supported by our fans.

We have qualified for six out of seven tournaments for a country so
small, simply amazing. Great memories forever.

On to our next journey!Well done CROATIA....AJMO VATRENI

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Thing is.

We out-sang, out-chanted, and out-supported the 'fanatical' Turks hands down.

Perhaps the best fans in the tournament, they deserved a better result today.

Volim te Hrvatskoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts