Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the transfer window opening on Saturday who would you realistically like to see come in or agree terms to join in the summer? We already know about the likes of Djordjic, Santala, Buffel and Nonda who are all legitimate targets but what about players who have not been mentioned? Here are a few of mine.

David Bentley (Loan)- I'm a big admirer of this guy. Norwich will most likely get relegated and he won't get into the Arsenal first team so they may look to loan him out again.

Zoltan Gera- The Hungarian captain is still only 25 y.o. and as well as a good work ethic he has alot of skill too. Wasted on the Baggies and would not relish playing in the Championship next season.

Neil McCann- Bring him back. He could still do a job for us as a squad player. 30 yo. is not too old. Harry is having a clean out and I don't think McCann will be part of his plans. Can still provide a good delivery and we'd probably get him for nothing.

Robbie Fowler- Would cost and probably unlikely. The pros would be playing for a team he preferred and playing in Europe. The cons would be no Premiership football but let's face it that can't be fun at the bottom.

Thomas Gravesen- Is available on a Bosman. If Ricksen fancies Everton then we could swap.

Sammy Kuffour- The big Ghana central defender is also available on a Bosman and is looking to leave Bayern Munich.

Mark De Vries- The big Dutchman is available on a free. Maybe too similar to what we already have but we need more strikers so on a freebiw he'd be an option.

Derek Riordon- He's a talent and left-sided. It would cost but not much.


Just some for now. :thmbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,978 Posts
I don't really have the imagination for this, but I agree with some of your selections. Don't know much about Bentley or Gera, so i'll have to trust your expert judgement. I'd swap Gravesen for Ricksen in a heartbeat, but unfortunately it'll never happen. De Vries is a good player, but wouldn't be a first choice. We'd probably waste Riordan on the bench as well.

It would be good if we could get a Chelsea player or two on loan. Unfortuantely, Mourinho seems to be a bit more sensible about his squad size than Ranieri was. I still wouldn't mind Kevin Phillips, but if Southampton are getting rid of Beattie it's unlikely they would let him go as well. Simon Davies from Spurs isn't a bad player and I heard he might be leaving. Nigel Quashie's been linked with us in the past, and he'd do a good job. How about a cheeky wee move for Juninho?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Angle_eyes said:
How about a cheeky wee move for Juninho?
:dielaugh: He's pish, the Baggies can have him warm their bench.

Good suggestions there. I wouldn't mind any one of them but I doubt they'd come. Any Chelsea loans though I wouldn't be interested in. We gave them Laudrup for nothing and they gave us Flo for £12m. To add to that last season they wanted us to pay Huth £15,000 a week to take him on loan. They take the piss like most of the Premiership clubs dealing with Scottish clubs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,529 Posts
chivoexpiatorio said:
Thomas Gravesen- Is available on a Bosman. If Ricksen fancies Everton then we could swap.


Just some for now. :thmbup:
The worst Gravesen will do is leave on a bosman, cannot see him wanting to leave in january when the team has a lot to look forward to. Plus Ricksen just isn't the same class as Gravesen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
the players you mentioned one person that i will really like to see in the team is david bentley.he is really good and i hope we go for him if the time comes calling .












chivoexpiatorio said:
With the transfer window opening on Saturday who would you realistically like to see come in or agree terms to join in the summer? We already know about the likes of Djordjic, Santala, Buffel and Nonda who are all legitimate targets but what about players who have not been mentioned? Here are a few of mine.

David Bentley (Loan)- I'm a big admirer of this guy. Norwich will most likely get relegated and he won't get into the Arsenal first team so they may look to loan him out again.

Zoltan Gera- The Hungarian captain is still only 25 y.o. and as well as a good work ethic he has alot of skill too. Wasted on the Baggies and would









not relish playing in the Championship next season.

Neil McCann- Bring him back. He could still do a job for us as a squad player. 30 yo. is not too old. Harry is having a clean out and I don't think McCann will be part of his plans. Can still provide a good delivery and we'd probably get him for nothing.

Robbie Fowler- Would cost and probably unlikely. The pros would be playing for a team he preferred and playing in Europe. The cons would be no Premiership football but let's face it that can't be fun at the bottom.

Thomas Gravesen- Is available on a Bosman. If Ricksen fancies Everton then we could swap.

Sammy Kuffour- The big Ghana central defender is also available on a Bosman and is looking to leave Bayern Munich.

Mark De Vries- The big Dutchman is available on a free. Maybe too similar to what we already have but we need more strikers so on a freebiw he'd be an option.

Derek Riordon- He's a talent and left-sided. It would cost but not much.


Just some for now. :thmbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shiner2k said:
the players you mentioned one person that i will really like to see in the team is david bentley.he is really good and i hope we go for him if the time comes calling .
He would be good for a loan spell. No offence to Norwich but even if they do survive I can't see why as an Arsenal player he'd wan't to spend another season there. No doubt though there will be other Premiership sides wanting to take him on loan though.
 

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
Joined
·
24,083 Posts
_Eight_Ball_ said:
The worst Gravesen will do is leave on a bosman, cannot see him wanting to leave in january when the team has a lot to look forward to.
What was that? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:howler: Maybe I was wrong to label him a prospective Ger considering where he has ended up.

i don't think any of the others in my list are possibilities now.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top