Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Provided we stay up, who should be dropped/added to our squad for some depth?

I'd say we need to focus on some defenders and a 'keeper.

Alessandro Pistone of Everton sounds cheap, out of contract and an experienced backman. Anyone got stats on him as im not the biggest of EPL fans.

Abbiati. He'd jump at the chance to play with us.

Ideally 2 x experienced Defenders and a keeper. People's thoughts?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
well, the defence is obviously the short suit right now. hard to say who Fioentina would be interested in, but there's a few solid, young, unsettled defenders around just in the Serie A though;

Ferrari imo is better than the how he has played this season, but might be on the way out at Roma. :(

maybe someone like Burdisso from Inter could be an option too. i'd say Moratti would give him up fairly readily, and he might turn out the be the next big thing. just like so many other Mad Max rejects :jester: ;)

·
6,645 Posts
Drop Cejas, Palmieri, Delli Cari, Savini, Piangerelli, Nakata, Guigou, Fantini.

Di Livio will quit and Riganò is probably going to be sold.

We absolutley need to keep Ujfalusi, Obodo and Miccoli.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Ideally we would have 2 at least decent players per position.

GK - ? (Lupatelli)
LB - Chiellini (?)
RB - ? (Maggio)
CB - Ujfalusi (?)
CB - Dainelli (?)
LM - Jorgensen (?)
RM - ? (?)
CM - Obodo (Donadel)
CM - Maresca (?)
F - Miccoli (?)
F - Bojinov (Pazzini)

That leaves a lot of gaps. We should try to get Fiore (RM) and Moretti (LB) from Valencia since they have already said they want to leave. Cudicini (GK) from Chelsea is also wanting first team action. I don't know who else we could get to fill the other spots. I think defence should be our priority (if we stay up).

·
6,645 Posts
We need 1 keeper, 2 defenders, 2 midfielders and 1 striker.

A dream would be Abbiati, Bonera, Stovini, Marchionni, Mascerano and Caracciolo.

But I hope we concentrate on improving our defense.

·
Registered
384 Posts
We should sell Nakata, Cejas, Fantini, Savini, Delli Carri and Piangerelli..hopefully Rigano retires or else we shouldn't sell him strictly for history with the club

We should get another keeper maybe Cudicini or Abbiati but keep Lupa, get Bovo and Marchionni from Parma, try to get Baros but not too big of a concern considering we have Pazzini(who is probably the best forward right now), Miccoli and Bojinov. Maybe get Grygera to make Ujfalusi comfortable at the back and even try Ambrosini or Brocchi from Milan.

·
6,645 Posts
Baros would be a waste of money. We need a big center á la Riganò.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Jonas said:
We need 1 keeper, 2 defenders, 2 midfielders and 1 striker.

A dream would be Abbiati, Bonera, Stovini, Marchionni, Mascerano and Caracciolo.

But I hope we concentrate on improving our defense.
There was a rumour on calciomercato.com yesterday that Mascherano is on the cards for Fiorentina at about 10m euros. Of course a lot of big clubs are interested and i wonder why Fiorentina would even want to spend money on that position with Obodo and Donadel already in the side.

·
6,645 Posts
Vagabondo said:
Of course a lot of big clubs are interested and i wonder why Fiorentina would even want to spend money on that position with Obodo and Donadel already in the side.
Mascherano has said that he want to join Fiorentina becuase Batistuta played there. But what the hell do I know. Esposito would maybe be better.

Obodo and Donadel are both uncertain if they'll stay with Fiorentina. Obodo is being hunted by several clubs and we only own 50% of him. But I think we'll keep him. Donadel is a favourite of Zoff and will probably return to Milan in the summer when the loan expires. Good thing since he's a dissapointment so far.

Mago, you seem to know who this Gavrancic is. Any decent?

Manninger would be nice to have back at the club, although I fear he's not the goalkeeper we need if we're going to become a great team.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i say leave Nakata (wages pending of course) he's a good back up! he might settle and find form, who knows! but a good 70thmin sub for Maresca

·
6,645 Posts
I'm afraid DDV will keep Nakata. I have a feeling he brings more money to the club than he costs us.

I'm sceptic about keeping Maresca at all.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I generally agree with Jonas about the ins and outs.

Pistone would be hard to get if Everton get into the Champions League. Moretti turned his back on us, I'm not too keen on seeing him back, and if Chiellini were to stay, we wouldn't need him. Bonera would be a fantastic addition. Cudicini would be a good buy, he would probably want to return to Italy (Chelsea won't sell him to another Prem club) but I'm not sure if he'd come to us. Abbiati?

·
Registered
925 Posts
Dannyd said:
Gavrancic? He is obviously a defender. Can he play at RB aswell like Stam?
stam cannot play RB, he just plays so good in Center that it looks like he is taking two positions , but defenitly not a righter :nono:

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lets get a shortlist of attainables here lads.

Obviously we need a keeper, those we could get would be:
Abbiati
+ wants first XI football and Milan wouldnt care all too much

Cudicini
+ would probably want back in Italy and as Jonas/MLV say, Chelsea would see us as the perfect non-CL non-EPL destination to offload him.

Defenders. Suffice to say Ujafalusi and Chiellini are doing it tough on a makeshift backline. The goal by Zlatan where they weaved it past 3 defenders was atrocious.

Gavrancic
+ don't know too much about him, anyone have any stats?

Pistone
+ contract runs out soon and he would be a cheap target if Everton don't make the CL. Although they would be in UEFA, he could see us as a better and stronger team, coupled with the fact he's returning home.

Bonera
+ young and wouldbe cheap if im not wrong

Ferrari
+ something tells me Roma would let him go on a reflex sale. Is he completely a lost cause?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts