Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prosinecki wants to leave Croatian national team after WC 2002
ZAGREB, Croatia, May 12 (DSA) - Croatian midfielder Robert Prosinecki announced he would like to stop playing in the national team after the 2002 World Cup.
Being a free agent after leaving Portsmouth, the 33-year-old player hasn’t found a new club yet.

www.dailysoccer.com

Looks like it's for good, go out with a bang Bobi, you deserve it.

Dream come true for some on this board.

;) ;)

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Well Ljubuski...I'll be one of those guys that will be sad to see him end his national team career, just as I was sad to see the likes of Boban, Asanovic, Bilic, etc retire and as I will be when Suker, Jarni, Soldo, etc retire. These guys have done so much for Croatian soccer, weather you love the guys or hate the guys, they all deserve a big heartfelt thank you.

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
darn, but this was coming I have to admit.

I hope he retires in style.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
JureM said:
just as I was sad to see the likes of Boban, Asanovic, Bilic, etc retire and as I will be when Suker, Jarni, Soldo, etc retire. These guys have done so much for Croatian soccer, weather you love the guys or hate the guys, they all deserve a big heartfelt thank you.
Just like you JureM to leave Stimac out of it again...:tongue:

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Actually I was scared that if I mispelled his name that he'd find me and then beat me....:D

Actually I didn't mention Ladic either and you didn't day anything about that....:tongue:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Can he read?:eek: :confused: :rolleyes: ;) :D

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Once again the good posters of xtratime's Croatian forum have completely lost Ero due to their seemingly mindless babble :( :depress:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
remember a few months back how we had a big Bobi-Boban arguement? there are only 18 days to go now. joj, i cant believe it. i'm already getting that nervous feeling in my belly.

all eyes will be on Oluja's posts after each Hrvatska/Prosinecki performance.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Croatia's Prosinecki bows out at World Cup

ZAGREB, May 13 (Reuters) - Croatia's veteran playmaker Robert Prosinecki will retire from international football after the World Cup finals starting at the end of the month.

"It is time to start building a new team, so I plan to play my last international game in Japan or South Korea," the 33-year old former Real Madrid, Barcelona and Sevilla player told the Vecernji List newspaper on Monday.

"I hope Croatia will make a memorable result there, with which I would retire my old international shirt," Prosinecki told the daily shortly before coach Mirko Jozic's squad left for a week of training in the Austrian Alps.

"I've had a short break after an exhausting season and when I raise my fitness in the next 20 days there will be no problems. I want to prepare in the best possible way so I can give my best (at the World Cup)," he said.

The inspirational midfielder, who quit English first division side Portsmouth and is negotiating a contract in Japan, played for Yugoslavia in 1990 and for Croatia at the 1998 World Cup in France, where they ended a surprising third.

His team now faces Italy, Mexico and Ecuador in first-round group G and Prosinecki is convinced the opening game -- against Mexico on June 3 -- will be crucial.

"Opening games are always important, but I think this one is crucial for us, this is the one where we have to seek victory. But the most important thing is to stop living in the past. In France we were stronger," he said.
05/13/02 04:48 ET

Copyright 2002 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Let´s hope for an remarkable exit. He really deserves it!

Good luck Zuti with your new club:greed: :greed: :greed: ;)

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So Bobi puts me in my place.

He's right I have to remedy that "what might have been" symdrome that's infected me ever since Thuram ripped my heart out.

WC 2002-Bobi do us proud.:)

·
Registered
22,667 Posts
Prosinecki finale

Placebo-you can be sure I'll be wathcing Prosinecki closely.

although, I am not a personal fan of Robi, I truly hopes he can lead us well in this WC. It's not his fault no young guns can take his place-even at 33...he as Jozic said, is the best we've got in the midfield....

We'll go as far as Robi takes us (especially since Tudor is out).

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
It all depends for how long he can run.
If he can pass those laser guided long balls for whole world cup than everyone should be scared especially with Balaban on the team.
I still think that kid will do something worth remembering.

Later bitches...

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
later bitches? :confused:

is that another american expression?

anyway, with hard workers like N. Kovac and Tomas backing him up, Robi can solely be concerned with the attacks.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
yeah, its a cool thing to call every1 ***** in the U.S... except ur chik... u prolly shouldnt do that if you want to get laid later on ;-)

... first of all, Robi cant run at all... so he might fast walk up to the ball and send a good one once in a while... not too many though, of course ;-)

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Yes,it is pure American expression and i m very proud of it!
Me being Croatian/American(citaj,******)love that ****e>

Later you sob's

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
majstor said:
Yes,it is pure American expression and i m very proud of it!
Me being Croatian/American(citaj,******)love that ****e>

Later you sob's
surfs up, dude.....:rolleyes: ;) :cool:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts