Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I do not care what the rest of the football world is doing. Right now, a dive is supposed to be punished with a yellow card, and this is fine by me. However, Serie A, as an independent body, should institute a straight red card rule for diving in the box.

Diving in the box can result in a PK which is an almost certain goal. This is a huge violation of the spirit of the game. Dive in the middle of the pitch and you get a routine freekick, that is consequential only if obtained repeatedly. A fake PK is a high reward and the current risk, usually not even a freekick for the defending team, does not match this reward.

Today for example, Balotelli dived twice in the box in the final 10 minutes and so did Pazzini. These players deserve a red card: thrown out of the game and banned for the next. Banned for the next is significant but so is ruining the present game.

Sure, there are times when the referee cannot tell whether it is a dive or not. These things are so complicated. That is true. But when it is not even a 50/50 call, like the Balotelli incidents, or when the simulation is exaggerated, give the red. The ref can spot that.

Rules of the thread: No insults to any teams or fans of those teams. I don't care about history and how you got ****ed. I will seriously staple your balls together if you do this. Thank you.

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
Quit talking bollox. Mario dived once, had his shirt tugged in another and pazzini was pushed over when the ball is out of play. buve ruined the game forever in Italy. Remove that virus first, then deal with the lesser evils.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Quit talking bollox. Mario dived once, had his shirt tugged in another and pazzini was pushed over when the ball is out of play. buve ruined the game forever in Italy. Remove that virus first, then deal with the lesser evils.
Why so upset? Is there a particular reason for that?

Calm down, life is beautiful. Let me take you to a great place and buy you lunch and a drink to cheer you up.

·
Registered
23,824 Posts
Why so upset? Is there a particular reason for that?
I am sure there is no reason. Mr. I-been-living-under-a-rock-tonight

As for OP:

Balotelli "only" dived once in the area tonight. Well technically he dived the first time too, but his shirt was pulled quite clearly.

As for Pazzini? Do you seriously consider the time when some pushed him down as a dive? Pushed him down when play stood still (can't be a penalty then).

·
Registered
16,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys must be severly retarded. The question of this thread is obviously not aiming at a discussion on how many times Balotelli dived. Even if Pazzini and Balotelli never dived, if instead Tevez did, or Totti, or no one at all, I do not care. The point is that there should be red cards for trying to get a PK by simulation.

·
*the drum drum*
42,488 Posts
It isn't a either a dive or a penalty every time a player falls over in the box.

Where are you going to draw the line between players falling innocently and players diving?

·
Registered
16,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It isn't a either a dive or a penalty every time a player falls over in the box.

Where are you going to draw the line between players falling innocently and players diving?

referee's judgement can tell whether player fell intentionally

how does a player fall innocently? there must be a force causing him to fall. if the ref identifies that the player trips on himself, or wtv, he should not call him for diving.

how do as spectators know when a player is diving? never?

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
There were many times as a player where I legitimately went to ground without any contact... If I am sprinting all out for a ball and a defender comes sliding in on me I can jump to avoid him and go down without any contact. Happens all the time.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Milan would be disqualified by 90 minutes due to not having enough players on the feild if that was the case.
says the guy who idolizes francesca totti.:tongue:

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
This is hilarious. Why is diving in the 18 yard box an instant red card, but 1 yard outside it only a yellow? Don't be stupid. I'd be in favour of suspensions after the fact for divers, but the simple fact is that diving is clearly very difficult for officials to spot a lot of the time. So instant red cards? No. Matches should be reviewed on video if anything.

·
*the drum drum*
42,488 Posts
referee's judgement can tell whether player fell intentionally

how does a player fall innocently? there must be a force causing him to fall. if the ref identifies that the player trips on himself, or wtv, he should not call him for diving.

how do as spectators know when a player is diving? never?
minimal contact not warranting a penalty, losing balance, inner ear infection, a ditch caused by an earlier incident, momentum.

You, as a spectator, know by the benefit of slow motion replays.

This sort of thing will only lead to much more controversy and more whining from whiney fans.

·
Registered
45,352 Posts

this is the real point, which makes what cleopatra suggests hard to apply everywhere in the world, but in Italy more than in other countries.
A yellow card is enough. If wrongly given it would hardly affect the game and if correctly given it is a good way to prevent other dives. Probably more yellow cards should be given for diving. And cheating in general.

·
Registered
16,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is hilarious. Why is diving in the 18 yard box an instant red card, but 1 yard outside it only a yellow? Don't be stupid. I'd be in favour of suspensions after the fact for divers, but the simple fact is that diving is clearly very difficult for officials to spot a lot of the time. So instant red cards? No. Matches should be reviewed on video if anything.
Bc freekick outside box is not automatic goal

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Bc freekick outside box is not automatic goal
What? But that's not the rule. The rule, in regards to auto reds for defending, is preventing a clear goalscoring opportunity by means of a foul. It's the same in the box or outside the box. The fact that a freekick would be given rather than a penalty is irrelevant.

Also, in what bloody world is a penalty an automatic goal? I mean I'm sure I've seen them missed or save once or twice...

·
Registered
16,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
What? But that's not the rule. The rule, in regards to auto reds for defending, is preventing a clear goalscoring opportunity by means of a foul. It's the same in the box or outside the box. The fact that a freekick would be given rather than a penalty is irrelevant.

Also, in what bloody world is a penalty an automatic goal? I mean I'm sure I've seen them missed or save once or twice...

The analogy of auto-reds for defending does not support your position. In defending, for example, a breakaway, there is no difference whether the player is fouled in or outside the box because if he is outside the box, he will eventually get in the box and have a strong goal-scoring opportunity. The reason there is no difference between giving autoreds in or outside the box for defending is because preventing a strong chance of a goal is a grave offence and it can happen both inside or outside the box.

I use the same strong goal-scoring opportunity principle in the opposite scenario. Creating for yourself a strong chance of goal by disrespect of game foul is also a grave offence. It just happens to be that diving in the box is of much higher consequential importance than diving outside the box. If diving outside the box resulted in the same goal conversion as diving inside the box, it would also deserve a red card, according to me, but this hypothetical does not correspond to reality since conversion rates are not the same in and out of the box.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
The rules for the game are controlled by...the International Football Board? Or something like that. A mix of awful godless Foreigners & noble Brits taming the savages.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts