Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apart from re-opening the PD-forum :)finger: JCam :D) this is my first serious proposal. It's become clear to me that if we want to revive XT we shouldn't try and solve this ourselves. Why not involved senior members? People that have been around for ages, are still active, level headed guys 'n gals. Possibly former member of XT Management? We give them access to this forum (Ideas Pool) and let them join the debate. Names that come to mind are Tim, Martin, JA and Tolga. Thoughts?

·
Administrator
25,375 Posts
wtf styg, i just replied to the thread man, u making me re-post it all over again here

in fact......why are we going to have 1 thread per proposal? :googly:

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because of our tendency to go OT after 3 posts or so :D And if we have too many ideas in 1 thread we will loose track of what's been said about what proposal and things will get confusing

·
Administrator
25,375 Posts
ok,ok,ok...pfffttt for a dutchie, u sure seem like u come from the south :pp

i agree with your idea, i would see with good eyes giving them access to this debate

the more the merrier, specially when it comes to such a key quest for the survival of this site for the generations to come

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nicely put "the survival of this site for the generations to come" Yeah we're not doing this for ourselves but for our children's children :proud: :D

Where are you on MSN?

·
Administrator
25,375 Posts
and that is the catch sentence to be used when trying to convince the "senior members" into joining the debate:D

·
Second Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
6,300 Posts
Good one, Styggy. My question: what would you like to discuss with them? Any other topics besides 1) re-opening the PD forum and 2) the viability of a Debate Forum.

Anyway, here's my list:

Natalya (if she's still around)
Heather
Koeman4
Humbird
Tim
Felipe Reis
Dae
Glen
Jeff (from Women's Football forum)
LaBlanca
Che
barça
numerodix

I think if we approach this idea with some seriousness it may actually work :)

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well first of all i'd like to hear from them how they feel about the decrease in activity and what their ideas are. Like i said, i don't think we should depend solely on ourselves in order to solve this. Personally i would highly appreciate the input of any of the people you suggest.

About your list: Natalya and Heather are hardly around and the same goes for Raul unfortunately. I really think we should only ask the ones that are still very active.

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Why not raise the problem in the forum managers forum?

I'm too fond of just having a few selected old-timers discussing it (of which only Tolga, Koeman4, Tim, Martin and Reis are really active).

We need new blood with a bigger network (hell if even Yatta brings in a couple of his Man U mates in or Onree from some Arsenal forum, it'd be more than what we've got recently), new ideas etc.

Off course we shouldn't make the discussion too big or we'll have folks like Liternit talking crap but I'd like to hear ideas from not just the standard people.

·
6,300 Posts
Having it in the FM forum is an option although it will limit those who are not moderators. I too agree we shouldn't exclude the so-called juniors; after all they are XT's future. But many young blood are not FMs.

What about holding a conference here [in the Ideas Section of the CM forum] that lasts about 4 weeks. We invite the group, post topics and see what they bring. If it works well, we can invite a second group and/or extend the duration of the "conference."

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Couldn't we do it all in one? and then we could pick and use the best ideas to come from it and implement it here

By young blood I meant more...people who've been regular here for a couple years but who aren't CMs/admins or are in that select group of veterans. People like Firdaus, Audiollama, Deano, Fobal Club etc of which most (bar Yatta :( :pp ) are FMs who have XT in the interest in their hearts.

The extent and seriousness of the problem defintely has to be made clear but without obviously making it sound like we're about to close down lol or it could have an adverse effect.

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:thumbsup: to Wally for wanting to involve other people than the standard crowd, good idea. People like Firdaus are more than welcome. However i do agree with Bonita, we should give them access to this forum and let them come up with ideas. Let's start putting a list together, ok? But i think we should limit ourselves to about 5 - 10 people in the beginning, adding more people to the debate would only increase the time we're working on this. And knowing us, we'd be chatting along without actually doing something :pp

The list so far: Koeman4, Tim, Glen, Che, barça, numerodix, Firdaus, Deano. Any other suggestions?

JCam, Boyo, Rake, what do you guys think?

·
Administrator
30,813 Posts
I do not think it is about seniority, so I wish we do it in two steps:
1 - Getting all FMs involved.
2 - More personal conversation with those who once run the forum to see if they can convice us that we are wrong or not and those who are group leaders. I would add Bono, Andy Christ, JKris (maybe even Diavolo), Heather, Pila, Fangio, Tim, Natalya, etc. They can refuse or just not answer, but we should invite them. Latter we open space for likes of Liternit or even some LL gang member in another place or with PMs.
But it is not about opening the PD forum or not.

·
6,300 Posts
Stygmata said:
The list so far: Koeman4, Tim, Glen, Che, barça, numerodix, Firdaus, Deano. Any other suggestions?
We really should add some new names. So. LaBlanca, Felipe Reis... Plus names that don't belong to the FM roster, please people, we need just plain members. :)

The reason why I suggested Heather, Talya, Humbird (and J's Pila, AndyC ...) is because these folks had had experience with the rise and fall of PD and will contribute more insights as we ponder the future of that forum.

·
Administrator
30,813 Posts
I forgot Orange, but I must tell that PD forum is not the subject, just the activity problem (the PD is not related to that and neither those people will present solutions to the problem there).
I think we must start with people we trust, hence the FMs.

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I do not think it is about seniority, so I wish we do it in two steps:
1 - Getting all FMs involved.
2 - More personal conversation with those who once run the forum to see if they can convice us that we are wrong or not and those who are group leaders. I would add Bono, Andy Christ, JKris (maybe even Diavolo), Heather, Pila, Fangio, Tim, Natalya, etc. They can refuse or just not answer, but we should invite them. Latter we open space for likes of Liternit or even some LL gang member in another place or with PMs. But it is not about opening the PD forum or not.
Ok, we can start a thread in the FM's forum where they can post their proposals. Or do you want to give them access to this forum? Both options seem ok to me although it would make more sense to let them join the debate in here. The only problem is that there might be too many people discussing this which would probably mean it would take us longer before we reach an agreement.

·
Administrator
30,813 Posts
Only if the access is limited to this subforum. Anyways, I think there will be more chances to see contributions, which is what we need, in the FM forum, plus, it will sound more like a normal action rather than desesperation to use the FM forum. (This to include the fms - the "elders" we can think how it will work if they are no fms)

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well it isn't desperation, right? At least, not for me. We've simply created a new forum for fm's, cm's and admins to discuss new ideas, that's all. That's the way we could tell them about this. Another reason is not cluttering up the fm or cm forum. And another one is the possibility of giving other posters the ability to join the discussions without giving them access to this forum.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
We shouldn't limit this to CM's Admins and FM's only. Imo it would be better to create a new forum that also is accessible to others who we believe can be of value to this project.

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, so in stead of giving them access to this forum you want to create a new one? Like a subforum of Q&S?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts