Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi THERE

Can some1 tell me a bit about ZORAN ZEKIC, Maccabi Haifa's new signing from Kaman Ingrad ? what is he like ? his advantages and disadvantages, he's reputaion in Croatia, a breif history and statistical records (goals/assists/former clubs/individual or collective titles). If he had been once a wanted player in western europe ?

I know that he has "nose to score" and he had been with the national team but didn't record appreances at all. He's Chances to play for the NT in Euro, He's dicipline out of the game, he's character, skills. anyway, everything you know about him..please write here.

Thanks,
Dani

Israel

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
Zoran Zekic is 28 year old, born in Osijek, signed a contract with NK Osijek when he was 18 years old, but he didnt play much coz of players like Pamic, Spehar, Vukoja. After that he moved from club to club, Olimpija Osijek, Cibalia, a short spell in Germany (3rd league), Sarajevo, Kamen Ingrad and now he's playing for Zadar where he finally made it. He's the current top scorer of the Croatian league with 13 goals, 1 more then Ljubojevic, Croatia's U-21 star.

I have never heard any roumors about him going to western Europe. He has been with the NT only once for the games vs. Slovenia but didnt play just like you said. His chances to play in Euro 2004 is zero IMO, Sokota, Klasnic, Prso, Olic, Mornar and maybe T. Maric are all ahead of him. His chance to be included in the squad is due to injury on the players above.

·
Registered
69,003 Posts
The only reason why he was called up to the national team for the playoff matches against Slovenia was becuase at that time he was on amazing form, scoring in every match and it was before Sokota got called up. He has 0.1% even if those guys that Zagabria mentioned get injured becuase id even put Ljubojevic, Balaban (depends on how he plays with Brugge) and Petric ahead of him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts