Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To clarify - I love Brazilian football. That's why I wanted to share with you some of my fears.

Brazilian football has become too rough. The game is very rough and dirty in the domestic league. I think the national side is trying to play more carefully but for the players who have been playing all their lives in Brazil it is difficult to change their ways overnight.

There are I think two main reasons for this.

Firstly, coaches (like Scolari) encourage roughness hoping that it will substitute combativeness. But this is not a right logic. Look at sides as combattive as Holland or Italy - they are playing much cleaner football. Even in the English Premiership where players playing their hearts out on the field there are fewer referee wistles per game than in Brazil.

Secondly, the officials seem to be very corrupt in Brazil. This means a biased refereeing, sense of injustice among players and desire to avenge for this injustice.

Short term implications - national side's results will suffer as giving away too many fouls will mean being punished by the opponents through the set pieces - everybody has improved on the set pieces.

Long term implications - the fan base of Brazilian football will shrink. Let's not forget that people like Brazilin game because it was a flowing, skillful gane not the 150 stop-and-go per game

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.