Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ROMANIA: Stelea - Contra (Alaves), Ciobotariu (Lierse), Gh. Popescu (Galatasaray), Nanu (Vitesse) or Filipescu (Real Betis) - Carabas (Steaua), Lincar (Steaua), Hagi (Galatasaray), Dorinel Munteanu (Wolfsburg) - Mutu (Inter Milan) or I. Ganea (Stuttgart), Moldovan (Fenerbache). Coach: Emeric Ienei

CYPRUS: Panaiotou - Konnafi, Ioakim, Haralambous, Karas - Poiadjis, Melanarkitis, Theodotou, Malekkos - Agatochleus, Okkas. Coach: Stavros Papadopoulos

Referees: M. Lica - V. Argaseala, I. Constantinescu

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
You play 4-4-2, cool. Our coach can not be convinced that it's better than 3-5-2, and he continues using that one. Is there anybody from Dinamo?

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chivu: Yah, Chivu might start as well. This is just what I copied and pasted from the Romanian newspapers.

giani: There are a couple of Dinamo players, Hildan (might start), Cernat. Michalcea and Petre are both injured so they are very unlikely to play. And I think 4-4-2 is best depending on how good your defensive midfielders are.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Yeah, and 3-5-2 depends much more on the back-wings. Anyway our central midfielders certainly receive more free space in 3-5-2.
But I'd still prefer 4-4-2 because it allows more offensive functions to the wingers.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Err what I meant to say giani is that 4-4-2 is best depending on your wingers and 3-5-2 is best depending on how good your defensive midfielder(s) are/is.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Yeah, 4-4-2 depends on the clear wingers, while in 3-5-2 these would have more deffensive functions. But again these schemes have two variants- both of them can be opened to wing play, and 3-5-2 seems more comfortable for center attacks, though it is also possible for 4-4-2 to be concentrated in the central field.
And because we use three central deffenders in our scheme we rely mostly on half-backs that play on the wings. Of course this could be fit to depend mostly on the deffensive midfielders once two of our central defenders go a bit aside from the central zone.

·
International
9,682 Posts
Few hours to the match. I can;t wait for it!!! I've got a ticket since monday. Yesterday there were no tickets for sale.

Just a few mistakes you have, EclipsE:
Ciobi (Ciubotariu) plays at Standard Liege.
Chivu might be in the ifrst eleven.
The attack line will be Ganea - Moldovan (80% sure).

Hey, chivu, nice page you have. Congratulations!

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Thnx, I'm pretty happy. Cristian played one half and I finally have a picture of Chivu playing for Romania.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts