Xtratime Community banner

Primera Liga - Matchday 37 - vs Sporting

766 views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  brs 
#1 ·
We play the matchday 37 away at Sporting Gijon. Another match of little consequence in the Liga but can help build confidence for the players before the Europa League final against Fulham. After the mid-week game against Valladolid, which resulted in a win, Quique again has a chance to put in his fringe players in the starting eleven. Antonio Lopez and Perea should be back from their injuries but still not sure whether they will start this game with the main idea being to keep them fresh and injury free for the Fulham match. Quique will have a full squad to choose from and the squad list will be announced later today or tomorrow

#2 ·

Borja, Koke, Gallegos, Cedric and Molino in the front row..

Ok, I can't wait for this game, sure, it's of no importance, but we'll finally be able to see some of our canteranos in action. That, for me, is reason enough to be excited about this game against Sporting.

Goalkeepers
Asenjo, De Gea, Joel

Defenders
Valera, Antonio López, Juanito, Domínguez, Cabrera, Sergio Rodríguez

Midfielders
Tiago, Camacho, Jurado, Salvio, Reyes, Koke

Strikers
Ibra, Borja, Gallegos

Quique have decided to rest Forlán, Agüero, Raúl García, Perea, Simão and Assunção. They're not making the trip to Gijón.

Asenjo

Sergio Rodríguez - Juanito - Cabrera - Antonio López

Salvio - Tiago - Camacho - Jurado - Reyes/Gallegos

Borja

That'd be my starting line-up, but I suppose Cabrera will play at left-back and we also might see Reyes on the pitch instead of Gallegos. I really hope Borja starts infront of Ibra though, he's a much more accomplished footballer despite being three years younger. Koke will most likely be on the bench and come into the game instead of perhaps Camacho.

This should be fun.

#3 ·
how is gallegos zoricito? people always talk good things about him.

#4 ·
He's an exciting prospect, has a really good shot and is a rather fast player, a bit raw at this point but I think he could be something in the next two seasons. He's not played much this season though, Rivas have used other players in his position.

#8 ·
1-1 in Gijón. A meaningless game really, congrats to Joel on his debut though as well as Ibra for scoring.

Camacho was our captain at the end of the game :thmbup:

#9 ·
Asenjo will be out for the next six months with a ACL-tear. Poor guy :(

#12 ·
Don't worry, Atléti will sell Asenjo to Valencia, especially when they offer Villa, Silva, Isco, Paco and €40 million. Then you can have Asenjito :D

On a serious note, Atléti's got so many quality goalkeepers at the moment that it's ridicolous. De Gea is first choice, Asenjo, well, he's one hell of a talent, Roberto saved Zaragoza's ass from relegation and Joel is another guy who's got pretty much the same potential as De Gea but haven't been hyped up because he's always been in the shadow of his teammate. Now, if we would have that kind of depth at right-back and left-back, then I'd be thrilled, at the moment though, I'm just pissed off.

#16 ·
yes we have alot of good goalies but de gea is ****ing amazing, i never see such a confident player who is so young like him....valdes was like this but is a different kind of confidence hes like an asshole but with de gea is something better, is gonna be ****ing great to see him in the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.