Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone has seen the pressconference with van gaal yet? If so, please post a summary from what he said...
I just heard that mister van gaal even cried on the pressconference when he was asked about the fact that he fired Naval (who works at the club for a long time now)...

Is this for real? Is van Gaal really capable of crying? You mean, he actually is a human too?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
yes he did it, he cried.
van gaal is very happy to returns to barça, he has said that is a club that is it in his hearth and has said that he will like to have the support of the crowd and of the press, he knows that now he has fight for get it, and that at his age is very hard to changes the character and the people living more near to him are happy with him. then has explain that he had the idea to comes to live at catalonia before gaspart call him.
in two words he is happy and he hopes this time the things will be better

·
Registered
10,390 Posts

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Here's some of what he said!
-----------------------------------------------------------

Van Gaal excited to be back

Friday 17 May 2002 16:15 (BCN)

Barca’s new manager was presented to the press yesterday and he made it clear how happy he was to be back, as well as how determined he was to bring success to the club.

Support

“I’m very happy to be given a second chance and although I’m aware I’ve got a hard job ahead of me, I’m very excited about the prospect. I’d ask everyone to give me their support, because we’ve not won anything in the last three years, and that includes my last season here. That can’t happen at a club like ours. I know that some fans aren’t too happy about my coming back, but there are a lot who are. My job is to satisfy those who support me and convince those who don’t.”

“I want to create e a team who want to play as a group. I want to work with illusion and desire to achieve this and the I’m sure the results will come. I need all my players’ support, but also all the support of my technical staff , the directors, the president and also the media. I think that we’re all in the same boat and we want the best for Barca.”

Reflection

“I do have some difficulties expressing myself in Spanish, which is a language that contains many words that can be misconstrued if you don’t use them in the right context. I’ve also learned from my previous time her that I need to improve certain things. I can’t change my personality and I don’t want to because the people close to me like me as I am. Three months ago, I decided to come and live in Sitges because I love the culture and the people of this country, but not because I’d thought of becoming Barca manager again. I’m very happy here in Catalonia and I’m so excited to be back in the club I hold dearest to my heart. “

Future

“I’ve brought my assistant Andries Jonker, from Holland, whose been my right hand man at the Dutch Federation. He’s young, but he’s got a lot of quality and he’ll also be able to lend a hand with the youth teams, where he’s got a lot of experience. That’s a very important area for me.

“I was surprised to get the call, but I’d seen that the club was having problems. My decision wasn’t easy because I did have other offers and I was aware that not everyone was happy about me coming here. But I just want to say that I’m much more aware of what this club means now, and I’m starting off from a better point than in my first spell here. No manager can guarantee titles, but I can assure you that I’ll be trying as hard as I can. I want to play attacking football, but it’s not always easy to achieve that. I’d like to see a team playing with passion, which I think Catalans would find it easy to identify with. When a team has got that, they are all fighting for the same thing. That’s more important than any system or individual player.”

New signings?

“Before I take any decisions, I’ll be talking with the people here at he club. Things have changed a lot since I was last here, but my aim will be to create a team. I know that there are players in the squad who’ve done sterling work for the club, but it’s also true that there always comes a moment when you have to say goodbye to players. That’s the only way we can get youngsters to come through and keep motivation high. I’ve always said that I admire Riquelme, but first I’m concerned with the players who we already have. I’ll speak to Rexach and Rife first , then we’ll see if we really need that player.”

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Was VG hypnotized during this pressconference? Or on drugs maybe (the famous Gaudi-mushrooms :))? This isn't VG! He even admitted he failed in his last year at the club! What's wrong? And where is the idea that the system is the most important? DID he change? And then I mean his football-ideas? :eekani:
This can't be the man who made "yo mo voy" (spelling?) a common expression in Dutch!

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
rochemback said:
Reflection

“I do have some difficulties expressing myself in Spanish, which is a language that contains many words that can be misconstrued if you don’t use them in the right context.
LOL!:D

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
VG also said that he has a hearing-problem on one of his ears and that`s why he sometimes has problems with hearing the questions and thats how he missunderstands the journalist.

This only gets better and better!:D

"Yo me voy" means - "I`m going". Exampel; "Me voy a la casa de putas"-I`m going to Santiago Bernabeu.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
P. Kluivert said:

so what does it mean in Dutch? I tried Altavista but it didn't work.
because is not ,yo mo voy, is yo me voy, try now.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Robban said:
"Yo me voy" means - "I`m going". Exampel; "Me voy a la casa de putas"-I`m going to Santiago Bernabeu.
:howler: :howler:

I know that someone quote you before, but I think it deserves quoting it twice. By the way, you have a very good grasp of the Spanish language :D :D .

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Guys, may be this time we pay not so much to this loser, so he will say and do everything to get his past salary back. Even learn spanish and cry. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts