Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
President answers all

President Aziz Yıldırım was a live guest on FBTV, looking back on Fenerbahçe`s 2004 and answering questions from fans and journalists.
Here`s what President Yıldırım had to say in the four-hour programme hosted by İhsan Topaloğlu:

"We`re planning on working with complete professionals in every sector of Fenerbahçe. Our first target was creating the facilities and now we want the educators. By bringing globally successful people to the club we want to take Fenerbahçe athletes to the top level. We think we`ll have many athletes winning medals in the 2008 Olympics.

"There were documents when we first started this job. We knew we`d come here. The target is in place and there is a plan for it. The target was to have 70million dollars income in 2007, but we`ve achieved that this year with budgets around 70-80million.

"Amateur branches are being supported well after the sponsorship law. The club`s expenditures on these branches have been reduced by 50%. With more success the interest will grow. We need the support of the state; they could implement the same tax laws that are in place for footballers. This way clubs will be supported and these sports will strengthen in Turkey. More branches will be opened by clubs and I`m sure they`ll be many competing in the 2008 Olympics. All clubs must be successful for competition. We want this not just for Fenerbahçe but for all clubs; for Turkish sport.

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
President answers all II

"We have plans in place for our centenary year which will be carried out from the start of the new year. Preparations will be made with a professional squad and progress will be shared with everyone.
"Alex`s cost is 5million dollars. We have a three-year contract with him. We got him for a cheap price. When we were in Lyon, their directors couldn`t believe his price. They said they paid 10million dollars for Nilmar. Alex is not a fantasy and he`s a player we need for our targets. He`s the captain of Brazil and has lifted the Copa America. Daum wanted him so we bought him. We could sell him for a very good offer but we have no intention to do so. We`re pleased with him and he`s pleased with us. He`s happy here.

"If you want to be successful you have to have the financial power. Once you have that you can do what you want and reach targets better. When we reach budgets of 100million dollars we will get ever closer to teams like Chealsea and Manchester United who have budgets over 200million dollars. After 2010 we`ll be on the same level. Fenerbahçe fans are with the club on good days and bad. In answer to this love, if the necessary planning and foundations are put in place Fenerbahçe will be one of the best clubs in the world.

"In the past, our incomes were 70% from television. We now have Fenerium which is a complete firm on its own. Today we get 12million dollars from television, which has gone down four million from the last time. But our budget has grown thanks to Fenerium. We used to have to make sacrificies from our own pockets as presidents. But now things are different and we`ll have presidents that aren`t rich in the future.

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
President answers all III

"Our contract with Daum is until the end of the season. We`re constantly talking about the future. He`s created a report in which he`s written what has to be done this season and in coming seasons. If we`re going to make any transfers they have to be players that are beneficial and will play directly. Everyone must know that we have a scouting team looking at players in Brazil, Argentina and Europe. Reports arrive at Samandıra. Daum directs the searches according to his needs. When he pinpoints players our directors go and learn the details and a transfer is then made if possible. We`re ok for the league now. Any player we buy from now on will be the sort of level Alex is on. Whatever the price, if he is what we need and the coach says he wants him then we could buy one or two more players.
"The championship isn`t secure yet. We`ve learned lessons from Beşiktaş`s experience last season. We`re a strong team and have a good coach but we still have half a season to go. Of course we believe but we`re approaching things seriously.

"We`ll be having contract talks with Daum in February. I believe he`ll stay at least until 2007. I`ve worked with 10 coaches to this day but no one has had as much contribution as Daum. He took a team that hit the bottom and brought it to today`s state in a year and-a-half.

"There are big firms in Turkey. Which of their matters are in the media? Not much, and it should be like that for us. We`re an organisation which has gone public. We have to give out true news. We have our own television station our own website. We give out the information that we have to through these portals. At the same time newspapers are informed. There are no private interviews because we have our own channel. It will be an important source of income in the future. I personally don`t like to feature in the media much. I don`t think you have to say something to the media everyday. Every speech we give has reason behind it. When we leave, if we can say `Fenerbahçe is an organisation`, then we`ll be happy.

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
President answers all IV

"We have rules in place for media workers. These are the rules of big companies and big clubs in the world. They`re UEFA`s rules. But because of old habits the media can`t accept this.
"My statements after the Galatasaray game were misinterpreted to the public. We`ve never treated visiting teams badly. We`re trying to combat swearing in stadiums, I`m interfering in the most unusual places. I`m battling for us all to enjoy the show.

"The stadium`s Numaralı stand will be reconstructed in February and the capacity will be 52000 to 55000. Nihat Özbağı sees the stadium as the solution and can`t wait to put the project in place. There are also plans for a business centre, which we need 12-15million dollars for. We`ll put together as a club and do it without going into debt. During the new stand construction the team will play in front of a 2000 less crowd. The completion target is September.

"I`ve never interfered in technical matters of the football team. I`ve worked with 10 coaches and none of them have said such a thing, because I`ve never done that. Our job is directing, theirs is coaching. This is Daum`s success. We should applaud him.

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
President answers all V

"Season tickets for the Migros and Telsim stands will be launches next year. We decided that this year isn`t right.
"Marcio Nobre will stay in the squad whether we loan him or buy him. We wanted to buy him last year but they wanted a lot of money.

"Rüştü is on loan now and could return to Barcelona at the end of the season. He was nervous in the first few games but he got rid of that in my opinion. I`d like him to stay but he has to want it too. I think we`ll agree on that.

"Marco [Aurelio] became the real Marco at Fenerbahçe. He`s playing at 90% capacity this season compared to 60% last season. Daum is playing him at a different position that when he played at Trabzon. I can comfortably say he`s happy.

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
President answers all VI

"Hamit Altıntop is a young Fenerbahçe supporter. We`d like him in our squad. His contract with Schalke is until 2007. We haven`t made a move now but if the conditions are right we`d like him.
"Daum hasn`t told us of problems with players to this day. It`s not easy to manage these. He`s never complained of them. Whenever something has come up, he`s always said `I`ll sort it`.

"I congratulated Galatasaray after the game for their performance. I said they played better than us and won. But we`re working to remove swearing from our stadiums. A sad event happened at the İnönü Stadium. We were all very upset. Decisions were made after that which us clubs adhered to. There were efforts to clear the stairs in the stands and I told the federation president not to have this game played before kick-off. Galatasaray president Özhan Canaydın said the same thing. 10 minutes went and the TFF ordered the game to be played with a phone call. I was criticised after the game. I didn`t blame the state. They put rules in place and the responsibility of implementing them has been given to some organisations. The federation had that responsibility but the game was played. The police can`t do anything after they say `play`. If that game wasn`t started it would have been a lesson for everyone through the top-two clubs in the country. I hope they can do this in future games. I take back what I said about them not being able to do it in the future and hereby apologise.

"We`ve had 378,000 people come to our games so far this season. The number for last season was 526,000. They say that people are running away from stadiums. Such talk will only cause harm. The numbers are clear. We have to unite the fans with football. If we turn stadiums into prisons no one will come.

"Those who are writing imaginary things about our championship victory last season are not giving credit for our efforts. I would take them to court if they mentioned my name directly. They aim at me indirectly. They claim that 500,000 dollars was given to Istanbulspor after they beat Beşiktaş 2-1. We`ve bought players from them and the payment dates are clear. If we bribed them how would it go into the club`s accounts with full documentation?

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
President answers all VII

"Mahmut Uslu`s reaction in the last basketball game was because Ergin Ataman did that action towards our club. It`s not the first time. You can`t do that. Mahmut Uslu got angry at that. Murat Özaydınlı went to calm him down but that hasn`t been mentioned in the media.
"We support Turgay Demirel in the basketball federation elections because he`s honest, honourable and is equal to everyone. The World 2010 Basketball Championships is very valuable but no one is aware. Demirel is a Galatasaray fan but we believe that he will be further beneficial to Turkish basketball and support him.

"I`m uncomfortable about the fact that we don`t have a player that has gone through the youth ranks and is playing regularly for the first team. If we get a player then we will give out youngsters to other clubs so they can get regular football."

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Interesting.Alex is not brazils captains tho ;)

·
Master Debater
20,916 Posts
Nice clear statements from your president. Although I'm curious as to who they might bring on at or near the LEVEL of Alex.

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
This man is one quality Prez to have... And to think that there was a campaign once to get him out....!?

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jemster said:
This man is one quality Prez to have... And to think that there was a campaign once to get him out....!?
Well, i remember antu a few years back when many members (the admin included) wanted Aziz Yildirm's resignation.....i got a nopost for defending the Prez....:D

Now 2-3 years later old topics in antu are being updated and you can see all who were against the President....kind of funny actually!

But then we have the media who never really liked Aziz Baskan....because they werent used to a man having a great vision and showing no mercy to false news.....they still cant get along....and with FBTV they all freaked out!

And finally......gs fans and besiktas fans really hate Aziz baskan.....because they all now how great he is being for Fenerbahce......and that if he stays as president he will make Fenerbahce a big club in europe whilst gs and bjk fans will be left in front of their tellies watching Fener playing against the greatest in europe.....;)

Just watch besiktas and gs board.....what a chaos....no vision....no plan....no sacrifice....just empty transfer promises.....that ends with a third rate player who is A freE agent.....:D

GÜMBÜR GÜMBÜR GELIYORUZZZZZ!!!!

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Me too....:D

But at least i can say i did for a better Fenerbahce.... :)

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Adi Gibi Aziz

Soyadi Gibi Yildirim

Büyüksün Baskanim!!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts