Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was mentioned in another thread somewhere already, but now it's official, Athletic will play Club Tijuana from Mexico on July 29th in Boise, USA.

http://www.athletic-club.eus/cas/noticias/15213/partido-amistoso-boise.html?source=fb

Good news for our American supporters, I like it for you Athletic finally comes across the sea. :thumbsup:
For us Europeans it's much easier to see Athletic so now for once it's your turn ;).

·
Registered
998 Posts
Pity we don't get to play against a traditional side like Chivas but still a cool thing for the US supporters....well, at least for the West Coast based ones :D

·
Registered
267 Posts
Good news for our American supporters, I like it for you Athletic finally comes across the sea. :thumbsup:
For us Europeans it's much easier to see Athletic so now for once it's your turn ;).
I wish this were true. It's not much closer or cheeper to fly from the East Coast US to Idaho than from the East Coast to Bilboa. Maybe a couple hours shorter, but the same number of plane changes. Still, I have a brother in Boise. I think I might owe him a visit. :)

Also, Boise as a large number of Basque diaspora. Should draw some interest.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015–16_UEFA_Europa_League

If we manage to finish 7th and don't win the cup final, we've got to play in the third EL qualification round on July 30th...

How will they do that?

I wish this were true. It's not much closer or cheeper to fly from the East Coast US to Idaho than from the East Coast to Bilboa. Maybe a couple hours shorter, but the same number of plane changes. Still, I have a brother in Boise. I think I might owe him a visit. :)
Wow, didn't know it was that complicated.

If I was you I'd definitely visit your brother, it's a unique opportunity to see Athletic in the USA. I'd even consider myself visiting that match but I fear my budget doesn't allow it. :(

·
Registered
947 Posts
We won't play any European football next year (at least not by being seventh of La Liga)... disgusting... not even winning to Dépor at home... a ruined evening... again... pff...

·
Registered
951 Posts
Mid-July to August will be crazy. They fly to USA, Austria, then whoever they face for 1 leg of Europa League 3rd qualifying round, then back to Barcelona for 1 leg of Supercopa, with flights back to Bilbao in between. Insane. I can see why Valverde wants to acquire ANY depth he can.

Monreal and Arbilla look like the most realistic targets left (Eraso and Bóveda have already signed, with Arellano still needing to sign but is a formality).

·
Lehendakari
2,025 Posts
Erreala (unsurprisingly) have a Scottish tour pre-season, three games over five days next week including our friends Celtic :thumbsup:

(btw, the Celtic game is in Paisley (St. Mirren) and the St Johnstone game in Stirling.)

I'm back in the UK (for a bit) and happen to be up there that week, so will post some pictures when I get back.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Athletic started preseason today, not that we had great opposition...

Txorierri selection 0-14 Athletic Club

0-1 Javi Eraso
0-2 Carlos Gurpegi
0-3 Javi Eraso
0-4 Ibai Gómez
0-5 Javi Eraso
0-6 Ager Aketxe
0-7 Borja Viguera
0-8 Ager Aketxe
0-9 Borja Viguera
0-10 Ager Aketxe
0-11 Kike Sola
0-12 Kike Sola
0-13 Markel Susaeta
0-14 Kike Sola

First half team:

Gorka Iraizoz

Óscar de Marcos - Carlos Gurpegi - Enric Saborit - Mikel Balenziaga

Ander Iturraspe - Unai López

Inaki Williams - Javi Eraso - Ibai Gómez

Aritz Aduriz

Second half team:

Iago Herrerín

Eneko Bóveda - Xabi Etxeita - Gorka Elustondo - Jon Aurtenetxe

Erik Morán - Benat Etxebarria

Markel Susaeta - Ager Aketxe - Borja Viguera

Kike Sola

·
Lehendakari
2,025 Posts
La Real's game against St. Johnstone on Sunday now being played at East Fife FC (Methil)... which is a pain cos there's no trains station there :(

·
Registered
951 Posts
From Austria:

Athletic Club 1-1 FC Krasnodar

SCORING:
48': Guillermo header from corner kick
69': Mamaev streaked down right flank, took pass and flipped it over Herrerin

First half lineup:

Iraizoz

Bóveda - Elustondo - Saborit - Balenziaga

Beñat - Iturraspe