Xtratime Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FC Barcelona have confirmed the details of their pre-season trip to the United States that will take place between July 31 and August 6. The FCB US Toure 2008 will include games in Chicago and New York.

The Blaugrana will meet Mexican outfit CD Guadalajara on August 3 and then play MLS side New York Red Bulls three days later. Both teams met Barça during the tour to the States in 2006.

I thought this board had learned a lesson from the last time they went to America. Then they returned in miserable physical condition, to face Sevilla in the Super Cup in Monaco. We all remember how that went.

This thime we have to play a very important CL qualification on the 12th or 13th of August, presumably the first leg away. Is it really a wise thing to plan this trip now?

They'll return to Barcelona on the 6th of August. For god sake, this is just a week before the first leg. The team needs to prepare for this qualification, get rid of jetlag and so on. What the heck are this board thinking? What are your thoughts culés?

Chicago and New York visits

·
Registered
639 Posts
good for me cause I might get a chance to see them play but bad for the team cause they will be in poor physical condition going into the qualifiers.

·
Registered
9,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm thinking it's pissing me off that I can't find tickets for sale for the Chicago match.
What the fvck, that's all of your concern? :pp

We have a very important qualification game coming up.
Anyway, I hope in the end you'll find your tickets mate.

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
Barca signed a sponsorship deal with MLS a few weeks back so it's all about money no matter how tired the players will be. Don't forget the Euro's are coming up as well.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Any details on the rest of the pre-season? If the US is the only long haul stop on the pre-season, then it's not a big deal. But if they want to jaunt around to Asia afterwards or South America as well, then it may cause problems. But Laporta and his Yes-man coach know what they are doing, I'm sure. :rollani:

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
This is good news. The management is again doing everything they can to make sure we go into the season as exhausted as possible.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
VBI, are you going for the scottish friendlies?

I can make it to the one Vs Aberdeen, but am unsure how to get a ticket. any ideas from previous experiences?

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
It's gonna be funny to see the casual fan come to the match and ask "where are Ronnie, Deco and Samu?"

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Fantastic. Euro 2008 to drain your Spaniards and give Thierry even less pace, early CL qualifier which Messi will miss as the Olympics are more important, and still sneak in a little USA trip. Oh Laporta. :proud: Maybe he can get in a quick trip to Asia.

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
Any details on the rest of the pre-season? If the US is the only long haul stop on the pre-season, then it's not a big deal. But if they want to jaunt around to Asia afterwards or South America as well, then it may cause problems. But Laporta and his Yes-man coach know what they are doing, I'm sure. :rollani:
Yeah, if this it I don't think it'll be that bad. Not a great summer for it with the Euros, but it's a shorter tour than the last time they came to the States. Besides, we went to the States in the summer of 05.

This is good news. The management is again doing everything they can to make sure we go into the season as exhausted as possible.
Didn't you want us to finish 3rd/4th as opposed to 2nd?

·
Seis Copas
5,517 Posts
YES! I'll prolly head for the N.Y. game again! I can't ****in wait!

I must admit though, it's a big concern that our players will be mad exhausted heading into the new season, Laporta is pushing his luck once again...but I'm excited they're coming over to the U.S. lol

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
Guardiola could easily just say no if he wanted. They board wouldn't do a thing; not a thing for fear of scandal so early in his managerial period, they'd just hush it up. All of this is just an innocent fan speaking of course because you can just imagine the secret commissions involved that nearly every participant is bound to receive, Guardiola included.

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
Barca signed a sponsorship deal with MLS a few weeks back so it's all about money no matter how tired the players will be. Don't forget the Euro's are coming up as well.
Good post, Youngie. Sobriety is vital during our rebirth period.

Trips are among the main problems in Laporta's mandate. He likes to parade with the team around the world for commercial benefit, while putting the team fitness on stake. I don't see any commercial potential in not-winning-anything. He should check if there's any job vacancy in some traveling theater.

We changed titles for souvenirs.:(

Sometimes I think that these trips killed the best team that walked on earth. I hope it won't affect our qualifications in negative manner.

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
Trips are among the main problems in Laporta's mandate. He likes to parade with the team around the world for commercial benefit, while putting the team fitness on stake. I don't see any commercial potential in not-winning-anything. He should check if there's any job vacancy in some traveling theater.

We changed titles for souvenirs.:(

Sometimes I think that these trips killed the best team that walked on earth. I hope it won't affect our qualifications in negative manner.
True. Maybe it'll all change if Laporta doesn't win the elections? Seriously when was the last time the team got a good rest? Laporta really needs to wake up and get real but money talks I guess...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.