Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything was perfect before going to Chile, at least on paper we look too strong but when you see the match:depress: you'll feel that we are going to fight hard to qualify to Athens, not only that, I think we'll face difficult time to qualify for the 2nd round of this qualifications, Bielsa is miss using the team, his old idea's with the NT (3-4-3) is still with him, he is sick. Playing C.Rodriquez on the right is the most stuipd move in 2004 and it will remain as that until the year ends, until now we scored only two goals in two matchs (even having Tevez, Delgado, L.Gonzalez.....) and they came from mistakes of the Bolivian DF and GK, Ferryera didnt performe well in WC U 20 and he stars for us there (while having the best player in Argentina in the same position in the squade). The midfield is wide open which let the players made a lot of silly fouls, until now we are having 6 players with yellow cards and maybe 1 or 2 will be suspended for 2 yellow cards.

Bielsa dont understand that Tevez is not the type of player who will be good for crosses:rollani:

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Batigol,

To call this the best arg olyumpic team ever is a complete insult to argentinian football. This team sucks so bad.... only Tevez IMO can come out with a high head up head..... he is the only one that does not pi$$ about.

Galvao Bueno (brazilian tv guy) stated that he heard rumours that AFA have not fired Bielsa yet because his contract clause is very high. Is that true?
:confused:

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ze da Fiel said:
Batigol,

To call this the best arg olyumpic team ever is a complete insult to argentinian football. This team sucks so bad.... only Tevez IMO can come out with a high head up head..... he is the only one that does not pi$$ about.
Well, I thought we will have the Europe based players.. thats why, but still its an strong squade but Bielsa is stuck up with his 3-4-3 where we have about 4 players useless:yuck: :rolleyes:

Ze da Fiel said:

Galvao Bueno (brazilian tv guy) stated that he heard rumours that AFA have not fired Bielsa yet because his contract clause is very high. Is that true?
:confused:
They said that they respect their contract with him and btw the AFA boss never fired a coach during his time.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
the first half of the game against Bolivia, argentina looked like a schoolboy team.. no pattern whatsoever..... everything on Tevez and pray for soemthing to happen.

Luckliy to you he scored in the end of the first half...... the game was so boring i turned off the tv.

·
Registered
633 Posts
No matter how you view Bielsa, whether you think he has a hard time, and is being unjustly criticised...

WHAT POSSIBLE REASON IS THERE TO PUT CLEME RODRIGUEZ ON THE RIGHT?! :confused: :(

I think the guy must seriously have mental problems, it's like he loves to rebel against popular opinion - no matter how silly the decision actually is.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
After watching two games for Argentina I am seriously worried sick about Tevez's future being ruined by this jerk Bielsa!Never seen Tevez playing so naive and simple football any kid in the street could play!

Argentina will not make it to Athens hopefully they won't maybe the AFA fires thjis sack of sh!t Bielsa!

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
At least today the result was good. Great performance by Cesar Delgado (fantastic goal). Ferreyra was very good too scoring twice and being a threat to the horrible Ecuador's defense in the entire game.

Tevez missed many chances, Luiz Gonzalez disappeared in the second half like the entire Argentinian team until the 4th goal.

The defense seems to be a issue, Burdisso is not playing well (he never impressed me to be honest) and the side halfs give too much freedom for the other team play in the flanks, even though it seems that the team got better without Clemente Rodriguez.

This result can represent a turn of things for the Argentinian team, but a lot of improvements still have to be made. Remember that 3 goals came from free kicks and the Ecuador defense is horrible.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Roberto Gallo said:
At least today the result was good. Great performance by Cesar Delgado (fantastic goal). Ferreyra was very good too scoring twice and being a threat to the horrible Ecuador's defense in the entire game.

Tevez missed many chances, Luiz Gonzalez disappeared in the second half like the entire Argentinian team until the 4th goal.

The defense seems to be a issue, Burdisso is not playing well (he never impressed me to be honest) and the side halfs give too much freedom for the other team play in the flanks, even though it seems that the team got better without Clemente Rodriguez.

This result can represent a turn of things for the Argentinian team, but a lot of improvements still have to be made. Remember that 3 goals came from free kicks and the Ecuador defense is horrible.
Correct, but the DF problem is not about Burdisso not playing well, its all because of the midfield, Bielsa always seems to be playing on the sides and dont care about the team getting attacked from the half which is empty and having only the DM, if we were playing against a better team than Ecuador we would faced hard time, the only one good player Arg played against yesterday was Salas which out played the DF with only few times he ouched the ball and thats only one player.
Our best player was Ferreyra (I hoped he palyed like this during the U20 WC), Delgado was the 2nd best while Tevez missed 3 clear goals, he seemed to be doing everything right but didnt have the final touch (what I really like about him... pressing on the opponent DF is what I havent seen with Arg FW's since a long).

·
Registered
753 Posts
I'll be the voice of dissent and say that in my opinion the best argentinian player in all the matches has been Tevez. Even yesterday against Ecuador. Why? Because the situations that he created were very well constructed through rapid small-space dribbling in a manner that would be highly dangerous against any opposition, including Brazil. The touch of talent came from his feet, always. Delgado is ok too, but he's hardly a crack. Tevez just failed in his conclusions, what can happen to anyone. On the other hand, the goals scored by Argentina came out of inconsistent attacks that wouldn't generate so much problem against a stronger, more disciplinated side. Actually against a side with a real goalkeeper (something Ecuador didn't have) and two defenders with a sense of placement they would already not have resulted in anything. One goal where the ball could be intercepted by the whole defense but nobody does anything, only watches. Another where again the ball crosses the area without much opposition. A free kick where the goalkeeper simply didn't stretch his arm (!!!). Then another goal where first a defender lets the ball reach easily a free argentinian attacker then the goalkeeper again gives an sterile flawed jump without even stretching his arms properly. I wonder if the goalkeeper was drugged or something. If this match had been of any importance it would certainly raise suspicion, but since it's not the case you can simply assume that Ecuador's keeper is an incompetent moron. If Argentina tried more, it could have been 20 x 2.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Batigol9:
It's true that the Argentinian's U23 midfield doesn't help the defensive system a lot, just like in the pro team. But what Salas did in the first half, when other played that was not Burdisso was marking him? Burdisso (who went to the right side of the defense when Aguirre came in) was crushed by Salas in the second half, and he also failed in the 2nd Ecuador goal. He's far from being what everyone says about him and what I'm yet to see.

JorgeBen:
I got your point, but this means that Tevez is the best Argentinian player, not that he had a good performance yesterday. A good performance would mean efficiency, and Tevez lacked in that subject. But he showed his potential, and if he get those finishes right, he'll be the best player in the team.

·
Registered
460 Posts
so why did you think argentina were strong at the first place?!
games have to be played and then talk!
watch us! we were absolutelly sure chile would be the last team in the group and..ops! watch the board now!!:D :howler: :strong: :smileani:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I have no doubt that Brazil and Argentina will go to Athens, unfortunately the players as in the pro team helping Bielsa again stupid tactics talented players!:(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts