Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If we want to get some rest, we should win this match coz I dont like to see the players playing again after getting one day rest, while if we win... our 1st match in final fase will be on 21 which means we'll get 4 days off then maybe will be back in business against Brazil:fero:
Today Burdisso will out for 2 yellow cards and Aguirre might take his place (played in the 2nd half against Ecu) but the interseting part how Bielsa will be thinking tonight about C.Rodriquez, is he going to use him in the right and keeps Mascherano as DM or he will field the same midfield we saw against Ecuador?!?!

Wilfredo Caballero; Leandro Fernández, Gonzalo Rodríguez y Gastïn Aguirre; Clemente Rodríguez o Nicolás Medina, Javier Mascherano y Osmar Ferreira; Luis González; César Delgado, Carlos Tévez y Mariano González.

Tevez and Delgado must be careful today as both have yellow cards.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Again, Argentina was very lucky. Not that they didn't deserve to win, but not just for once, weird things happened and favoured Bielsa's team.

The performance was a little bit worse than against Equador. Colombia had a much better defense and made things harder for Argentina's attack, especially the two wingers, Cesar Delgado and Mariano Gonzalez. Tevez was fighting but didn't show efficiency....again...

The high points were Luiz Gonzalez, Mascherano, Medina and Ferreyra. The former was the best player tonight. He's a player that combines good physical presence in the midfield with precision, great vision and passing.

Mascherano and Medina provided the much needed guard that the defensive system was lacking. Even though Mascherano is playing as a side half, the fact that he's originally an anchorman shows when he steals lots of balls (he was the player who stole the most number of balls tonight, I think). Medina is also a player who has a good sense of disarm, with intelligence and physical power.

Ferreyra was not that great as he was against Equador but scored the second most beautiful goal in the tournament so far. If you didn't see it, find a way to see it. Simply beautiful, even more beautiful than Delgado's goal against Equador.

I'm really hoping to see Brazil vs. Argentina in the next round.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I loved last night's performance more thn Ecuadors game. Ferryeras goal was pure class, some nice goalsby this kid.

Now Brazil must beat Colombia to go the final round same as Ecuador who seem to be the favourits to join Argentina and Chile.

Argentina and Brazil will go through.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think Bielsa found the team better without C.Rodriquez and its not the player's fault, simply he cant play good football on the right as he do on the left, Mascherano is doing well in his defending part but he dont go forward alot, in the first half he crossed some balls (one of them went in, own goal) while in the 2nd he just kept Delgado alone. Medina is a hard working DM, he runs alot, he defend well by pressing on the Colombian's also he has a good speed which we really need with 3-4-3.

IMO, our players are helping Bielsa alot especially Tevez and Delgado, both are having good skills to past the defendrs and they created the most chances for us so far, Argentina mainly scored from free kicks from fouls against Tevez and Delgado.

Tevez goo performance didnt come yet, I hope he finds himself against Brazil:cool: Ferreyra runs are great, every time he goes forward the team has good scoring chance.

Every match, the team gives a better offensive game than the previous one.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
tevez was a bull and relentless. A good game.
Ferriey's goal was pure class:eek:
Gonzo was good.
You team needs to string more than 3 passes together. It was rough.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts