Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just discovered that Paraguay won their match against Chile 2-1 :drunk: :dazed:, they began with a very low performance but now Par in good shape, it will be another difficult match for us, tonight a win for any team and a draw between Brazil and Chile will insure 100% their qualification to Athens.

I dont think there's any changes in Bielsa's line up, if yes, then it will be C.Rodriquez over Medina:
Wilfredo Caballero; Leandro Fernández, Gonzalo Rodríguez y Nicolás Burdisso; Javier Mascherano, Nicolás Medina y Osmar Ferreyra; Luis González; César Delgado, Carlos Tevez y Mariano González.

Time: 20:00 Arg thats 03:00 UAE.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Paraguay should've won their match against Chile in the 1st round if itws not for that stupid ref who gave the win as a gift for the Chileans!

I predict a 3-1 win for Argentina with Ferreyra scoring again from his superb freekicks :D

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first press conference of Tocalli after arriving in Argentina, I read that he said "I went their and hoped to see Cangele, Montillo and Ferreyra would be playing as they were doing with their clubs".
I got confuesed when I saw Ferreyra's name:confused: :dazed:, I thought how he talk about such player who was nothing here during the U 20 WC, but now I agree with him:angel::star:

·
Registered
169 Posts
We're a step closer to Athens after a come from behind win 2-1 over Paraguay. It looked scary at one point after falling behind in the second half. But the guys showed guts and determination to pull out a crucial victory. Bielsa pulled the right button this time as his subtitution to enter Luis Figueroa proved to be our savior. I'll wait for Brazil & Chile match. A draw will be just what the doctor's order.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
A beautiful comeback against Paraguay, they had only chance or even semi chance and scored from while Argentina scored only two out of load of chances!Nice start for Luis Figueroa and bueatiful headers, seems like a new Batistuta on his way to us.

Btw, I do not know whats wrong with Tevez!

Brazil kicked those chileans shmucks arse 3-1 even with the ref playing with them and Brazil playing with only 10 men and eh lets not forget that fancy penalty!Unbelieveable load of shit those refs!

Chile are now officially out of the whole thing, Argentina with this result are officially through the second card is between Brazil and Paraguay.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I agree with u Batigol. Tevez has been dangerous on many occasions and he certainly has been productive.

Let's not forget that Tevez was out of action for a very long time and only returned in December against Milan in the world club championship match.

This U-23 year old squad was without players such as D'Alessandro and Saviola (both are under 23 years old) I am quite certain that these two will be included in the squad that will contend for the title in Athens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts