Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today Argentina can be crowned as U23 SA champion for the first time since 1980, only a draw is enough for us which means 7 pts coz the 2nd placed team Bra and Par will be playing for a win where they will reach their 6th pts.

Bielsa is going to put alot of changes of our starting line-up, Mascherano will be back at his original place (DM) coz Medina is not availabe for this match (2 yellow cards) which means to see C.Rodriquez playing on the right of the midfield. Alejandro Dominquez will play instead of Luis Gonzalez. Mariano Gonzalez will be replaced by Mauro Rosales who's going to play on the right of the attack and Delgado will be transferred to the left, but the biggest cahnge is to see Figueroa playing from the start as our CF which means to see Tevez on the bench.

IMO, its good to see Bielsa change some faces coz we dont have something to se as the qualification was the major thing and we got it. But also I hope to see Argentina winning it coz its a good thing to start a year with;)

The fair play prize will be between Brazil 18 pts and Argentina 15 pts and todays matches will decide who will take, ofcourse:rollani: :D

Brazil vs Paraguay @ 17:10 Arg time (00:10 UAE).
Argentina vs Chile @ 19:30 Arg time (02:30).

:star: Vamos :star: Argentina :star:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
For Chileans to win they must have a full team on the field besides a penalty and at least one player missing from the other team and still they can not win!Watta a bunch of arseholes :D

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS:D :star:

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I have been following all the mtaches, both first and second round. Glad to see that we have improved dramatically as the tournament went on. Last time around we were knocked out while this time around the Brazies will be staying home.

There is also plenty of time to improve on ceratin aspects and we will also have a couple of over age players brought into the squad. I would really like to see Zanetti and say Riquelme or Aimar there.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
2x2.

Figueroa and Dominguez scored for Argentina, and Chile's goals were scored by Bascunan and Beausejour.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Czar,

Welcome back. I do not think we need any over age players as the teams itself missing 16 players playing abroad including Cavenaghi who did not play coz River refused to release him.

I do really think Argentina will win it without even a sweat.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Thanks Seductive..Great to be back!

I think we'll also do very well (hopefully win) I am quite certain that Bielsa will call up players such as Saviola and D'Alessandro, both of them are under 23 anyway. About over age players, well have to wait and see.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks czar and alan777 for coming back:):)

Seductive, I think the first overaged player should be called for the squade is Zanetti, we neeeed him, dont forget that Bielsa used 3 players for the right midfield position: C.Rodriquez, even he was good but I doubt he will use him again in the same place.. Mascherano should be our DM and Rosales who's sort of winger.
Also I would like to see Ayala cause players like Burdisso, Rodriquez and Fernandez can learn something. For the 3rd overaged player, Bielsa can choose from three playermakers: Aimar, Riquelme or Ibagaza.. all are doing just great in la liga (Ibagaza is just coool).

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I think that ultimately Bielsa will pick a couple of over age players. Along with D'Alessandro, Saviola, Coloccini, Arca, Cavenaghi and maybe Ponzio allo f whom are under 23 years old, there are many options available to us..

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
We are missing so many players like 16 players including Cavenaghi!With them players joining the team I do really think we will win the gold medal in the Olympics, defenders like Gabriel Milito and Luqi from Ateletico Madrid will be joining the team, also D'Allessandro and Saviola, the list is very long.

I say leave the kids win it they are capable of doing it without any overaged players.

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Seductive said:
We are missing so many players like 16 players including Cavenaghi!With them players joining the team I do really think we will win the gold medal in the Olympics, defenders like Gabriel Milito and Luqi from Ateletico Madrid will be joining the team, also D'Allessandro and Saviola, the list is very long.

I say leave the kids win it they are capable of doing it without any overaged players.
Who says Cavenaghi is part of the U-23 team?

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Loco,

Why do u underestimate Rodriguez. He is a a versatile left back that was even used in right midfield. He's been great with Boca and has also performed for la sele.

Quite certain Cavenaghi will be included though he missed the qualifiers, think that River did not want to release him.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts