Xtratime Community banner

41 - 60 of 1127 Posts

·
Registered
59,074 Posts
Look for Luc Castaignos, the Dutch David N'gog to be offered to all premiership clubs this summer. His contract at Twente ends in July 2016 and FC Twente have financial difficulties.
Maybe Steve will have a look too.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Yes, there was paper talk of Castaignos in January, so bound to be linked if he's available.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Castaignos is shit isn't he?

Newcastle being linked with Kara Mbodj, who was linked with West Ham in the last window.

Man U being linked with Karim Bellarabi of Leverkusen who apparently has an £11m release clause.

Slightly far fetched reports linking Everton with Mateo Kovacic

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,888 Posts
Isn't the whole premiership getting TV money which would be more than that of champions past?

Why is it that the spending isn't reflecting that atleast in terms of quality. Is it just more money being wasted on the same inferior crop or is it a case of more money for the suits running the joint.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I think it was reflected quite well in the quality last summer. It's certainly the highest number of decent on paper foreign players coming into the league. I think more money is almost being forced into pockets with the FFP regulations (even we got fined for breaking the rules slightly and it's not like we spend massive amounts).

Not sure what's happened in Europe this season, though.

It's a couple of years before the everyone getting £100mil a season thing comes in though.

·
10,888 Posts
I think it was reflected quite well in the quality last summer. It's certainly the highest number of decent on paper foreign players coming into the league. I think more money is almost being forced into pockets with the FFP regulations (even we got fined for breaking the rules slightly and it's not like we spend massive amounts).

Not sure what's happened in Europe this season, though.

It's a couple of years before the everyone getting £100mil a season thing comes in though.
No I mean in terms of mid table PL clubs outbidding top clubs from Germany for instance or even France and mid level clubs from Spain. With that sorta cash, one would expect an unprecedented talent grab.

For example here's the net spend of some mid table clubs

Aston Villa 10M pounds
Southampton I can't find but I'm gonna assume it was a net positive spend.
Spurs netted a profit of 10M on their dealings.
Swansea again I can't find, but will assume it was a positive with an influx of players leaving + the Bony sale.
A look at Stoke, and they didn't sign much either.

Just a few examples I looked at. Doesn't seem that this new TV deal has led to much of a change in terms of transfer policies at clubs.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
No, but the new FFP thing has probably meant a few wage bills have had to be brought into line. The premier league wage bill is huge. Once clubs have a few big wages off the books they will be able to spend a little more.

·
10,888 Posts
No, but the new FFP thing has probably meant a few wage bills have had to be brought into line. The premier league wage bill is huge. Once clubs have a few big wages off the books they will be able to spend a little more.
Will need to go in depth about how exactly this FFP works (does anyone know for sure?), but that doesn't make sense to me. Considering that revenues have increased to the tune of double the TV money. And looking at the increased ticket price, I am assuming an uptick in matchday revenue.

Look at the rosters for those clubs, where exactly is this big money wages being paid? Spurs probably, as they splurged their Bale money last summer. But other than that, I fail to see where this money goes.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Oh premier league clubs have shit players on stupid wages. If you look at Sunderland for example, I would be confident that Adam Johnson, O'Shea, Wes Brown, Steve Fletcher, Giaccherini and Defoe are all on comfortably more than £50k a week.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Oh and there's that rule I almost forgot about, where clubs aren't allowed to increase their wage bill by more than 10% or something a season.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Castaignos is shit yes. I'd love to see Depay come to the Premiership, he's looked excellent all season. PSV are putting together a decent side, it'd be a shame to see it dismantled. I don't know if Rekik will be back at City next season.

·
Registered
59,074 Posts
Castaignos is shit isn't he?
Pretty much yeah. He is athletic though. That's about it.

He really lacks composure.

·
Registered
59,074 Posts
Depay is pretty much united bound is he not??
Could be, but there haven't any concrete rumours in Holland linking him to a specific club. Just that many are scouting him

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Shit this morning.

Arsenal are supposedly in pole position to sign Paul Pogba (highly doubtful)
Chelsea are looking at Matteo Darmian to provide competition for Ivanovic.
Man Utd are beating Liverpool in the race for Danilo
Liverpool are allegedly going to bid for William Carvalho
Arsenal interested in Roberto Firmino if Cazorla leaves
Liverpool keeping an eye on Marc Bartra

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Dani Alves is close to signing a pre-contract agreement with a new club, according to his agent. I would guess the likely contenders are PSG, Juventus and Man Utd.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Hardly Juventus, I'm sure Dani are looking for a last big paycheck - the kind of paycheck that Juventus and Serie A teams in general can't hand out anymore.

41 - 60 of 1127 Posts