Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 717 Posts

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Mame Diouf supposedly on the verge of signing for Stoke on a free transfer. He wasn't all that good during his first crack at the premiership, but has apparently improved quite a lot since then.

Open minded as to how this one is likely to go.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Can Villa even afford to let players like Albrighton go? I know he's completely stagnated but he'd be a decent squad player.
Just noticed this.

He was great for the Villa at the end of the season. Most Villa fans are wondering why we let him go.

He has a fantastic cross on him and the fact he's a Villa fan goes a long way.

At least Gary Gardner has signed a new contract, watch him be introduced into the team next year. ;)

·
Registered
30,022 Posts
Think Everton would be mad not to snap him up on a free. Was a perfect little fit for them, may as well pick up Lescott whilst they're at it. Bit of sturdy experience for a side like that would see them consolidate 5th, challenge for 4th again I reckon.

Any money, QPR end up with Lamps, the two Coles, Lescott, Barry... England Masters team basically.

·
Registered
30,022 Posts
Also got to say, probably one of the best summers for free's in the Prem. I mean, you can make a semi-decent relegation fodder team from some of them, basically the QPR line up next season...

Honourable mentions:
Julian Speroni, Costel Pantimillon, Liam Ridgewell, John Arne-Riise, Carlos Cuellar, Diego Lugano, Damien Duff, Marouane Chamakh, Shola Ameobi

Add some European spice...

EDIT: Teams with Pirlo don't need a keeper.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #91

Sunderland sign Billy Jones from West Brom on a free. He had been having issues agreeing a contract with West Brom, so presumably Sunderland have given him a bit of a pay rise. Not an outstanding player, but has been pretty solid the last couple of years and developed more at premiership level than I expected him to.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Cardiff have also signed Adam Le Fondre and Javi Guerra this week. They must be after a collection of strikers considering they already have Kenwyne Jones, Frazier Campbell and whoever else.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #95

Zarate to West Ham done. I'm weirdly excited by this transfer. I know he was shit for his last couple of years in Italy, but he top-scored in Argentina last season (yeah, so did Mauro Boselli, I know), and his style looked very premiership suited during his brief spell at Birmingham. Risky, but potentially great signing.

·
Registered
30,022 Posts
Very Zola-esque signing Zarate. He was okay in Italy until last year at Lazio/season at Inter. Didn't realise he crept back to Velez. If West Ham add a few more attackers, he might be a decent bench option/impact sub for them.

What's with Cardiff and all the strikers? Macheda, Le Fondre, Campbell, Jones, Guerra, Maynard & Berget. Guessing Campbell/Jones are probably off, either that or they're planning to out score their way out the Championship. Macheda was quite good for Birmingham last season.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
I would guess Zarate is primed to be a starter with a 3 year deal. On ability he certainly could be and Sam is quite good at getting the best out of players like him (Diouf, Okocha etc).

Fabianski to Swansea, which came out of nowhere. Dunno what this means for Vorm.

·
Registered
30,022 Posts
Fabianski one isn't that out of the ordinary. It was mooted a few weeks back, wasn't sure if he would because of Vorm and even Tremmel get's a look in during cup runs/injuries so could be interesting. Vorm must be off, can't see Fab going from moaning about being a no. 2 to be another no. 2.

Dubious about Fat Sam's ability to get the best out of creative players like that again, if he had Downing and Jarvis as wingers at Bolton, he would have done more. Still, done okay with West Ham as poor as they are to watch.

81 - 100 of 717 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.