Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just having a look at bbc.co.uk and there is a feature on the most disappointing football players of the year. Balaban and Stanic are listed as the most disappointing players for their respective teams, which is understood in Balaban's case, but a little confusing in Stanic's case. Stanic has been injured much of his time at Chelsea, and he has had a few brilliant games. As I read on I noticed that the clear majority of players listed in this feature were foreigners. It seems to me that this is just another vindication of the perception that England is more biased than other European countries against foreigners. I have always said that I England is not a place for our players. I am more resolute in that opinion now than I was before.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Trikky you are right. England is not a place for our players. If you are a foreigner you from a non-English speaking country then you pretty much have to be a package of Pele/Maradonna/Rummenege all wrapped up in one package, and even then if you didn't score in 2 games, you'd be voted a disappointing player.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a good way of putting it. Their attitude is so elitist, and yet what have they done? They won 1 World Cup, which they actually didn't, at home, 30 years ago. For all of their money and "history", they still can't put together a team even comparable to France or Argentina. They blame all of their problems on the influx of foreigners into their league, and never look in the mirror and see that their coaches are 2nd rate, their style of play is not world class, and they don't know how to defend.

·
Banned
22,345 Posts
yeah

Trickky I second that!

The team I most want to see lose in the WC is England. When they and the Italians get eliminated it will be so sweet!

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Stanic? That's more than a shock, he scored lately and has been playing very well coming off injuries, he's basically secured Chelsea's right wing spot.

·
©
7,230 Posts
He has actually been playing alot on the left aswell. But this is a man who has played every other position except GK. :D

It is a suprise that he would be picked as one of the worst, but who cares as long as he plays good in the WC.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
I think what they are saying with stanic is that he was the cream of the crop when they bought it and what he is now is average. And since I am in position to watch quite few Chelsea games I have to agree... he is still good, but not outstanding as he was

1 - 8 of 8 Posts