Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

VS

Tough game coming up on Monday at Fratton Park. Always a difficult place for us to visit - we have a terrible record there in recent years. Even after their 4-0 defeat at the hands of Chelsea, Portsmouth will still be bang up for this one and confident they can get a result.

Team News - Anderson arrives back on Saturday and will travel down with the squad on Monday. He probably won't play because of the journey back from China but he will be available if needs be.

Hargreaves trained all week and is fit for Monday. Probable place on the bench with this being his first game since Moscow.

JS Park Trained all week but won't be considered for Monday.

Carrick is still out as expected.

Giggs trained the last two days and is available.

Tevez is back.

Team from: Van Der Sar, Kuszczak, Foster, Brown, G Neville, R. Da Silva, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evans, Evra, F. Da Silva, Fletcher, O'Shea, Scholes, Possebon, Gibson, Giggs, Rooney, Tevez, Campbell, Welbeck.

Last five results at Portsmouth -

2003/04 L 1-0
2004/05 L 2-0
2005/06 W 3-1
2006/07 L 2-1
2007/08 D 1-1

Bookie's odds - Portsmouth 4/1 United 8/11 Draw 5/2

Venue - Fratton Park

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are you trying to say?:mad:

Think he's in Norway. I'm sure there are computers over there so why the lazy fcuker can't log on and do the match thread is beyond me.:confused:

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
He's trying to gauge how much we all miss him. :pp

As for the game, travelling to Fratton Park is never an easy prospect but I'm hopeful that with Tevez back we will win this one. Vidic and Rio can expect lots of predictable long balls up to Crouch but I think they will manage alright.

My prediction: 2-0 United. Tevez and Rooney with the goals.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
98-0 to Portsmouth.

·
Registered
741 Posts
we should bounce back. im going 0-2 (Rooneyx2)

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Team news is updated in the OP.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
great to see Welbeck back, gives another option.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
might be reading too much into it but Rodrigo was playing along side scholes in the 11 aside and smaller games in training today, maybe a start on monday for him.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Tough Fixture, and one that I'm not all that confident of coming out of ... Hate to say it but if we took a point I'd be alright with it.

Good to see Carlitos up and about again; The man is huge for us....

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
When can Nani start playing? Definitely not liking this whole Fletchinho on the flank.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
this is gonna be his last ban, he should be ok for the next match.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Official line up:

VDS

Brown - Rio - Vidic - O'Shea

Fletcher - Scholes - Anderson - Evra

Rooney - Tevez

Bench: Kuz, Evans Fabio, Rafael, Possebon, Gibson and Campbell.

Typical, we get back Anderson and Carlitos yet we lose Carrick and Giggs from last week. We're just cursed at the start of seasons. All our frikkin wingers are out injured. :mad:

Hopefully we can get the win though, although we've proven we can claw back big deficits, i'd rather we don't make things hard for ourselves again.

Come on United, I think we'll sneak this by the odd goal, 0-1 Rooney. Ought to shut up Patrick. ;)

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Scholes-Anderson midfield. :happy:

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Off to watch the match now, good luck guys. We haven't won at Fratton Park for over 3 years so it's fair to say we're fakin due a result there.

Lost 3 out of the last 5 there. :depress:

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
0-1 HT, Fletcher popping up with another goal from midfield.

Well worth the lead and I think it's been a decent performance, very good even if you consider how many players we miss and at such a bogey ground.

Could easily be 2-0 up had Wazza buried that chance just before half time. Hopefully we use Evra a lot more as an outlet on the left wing as Kaboul/Johnson are having bad nights so far so his pace could trouble them more.

Edwin's not had a save to make so once again we've gotta be pleased with our rock solid defence. Come on United. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts