Xtratime Community banner

61 - 80 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Man City with another vital away win. A very hard fought win at that. Despite going close on several occasions, City finally managed to break Villa's resitance late in the second half. Unlike, last term City have not missed much thus far away from home. On the contrary it is the 5 home points dropped that is making the difference. Hopefully, Chelsea drop points tonite.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
That was a really good win, we were made to work hard, especially as Villa sat very deep (and countered well). Great goal by Yaya. Why were we playing Dzeko out left? That was bizarre.

I thought we played our best football when Fernando came on, really mopped up and put us back on the attack, by that point we were relentless.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Beautiful footage like watching a Altman film

Htxv0_TeHTE#t=144

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
continuing your great from from Moscow mid week are we... Absolutely woeful should be least 2-0 down.. Lucky its only 1, expect Pelle to lose his shit in the change room.

·
Registered
42,712 Posts
****ing garbage. 2-2 against a pair of pub players up front and we can't handle it. Aguero is carrying us at the moment. He's unreal.
Yeah, the commentator mentioned Austin was playing in the 8th tier only a few years ago. What a rise for the guy. Hodgson in the stands. Possible call-up on the cards?

I'm telling you, that Gibraltar plan is brilliant.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Not sure about a call up, he could possibly just be this year's Grant Holt. That said he used to bang them in for Bournemouth.

Pellegrini's interview is baffling. Thinks we were unlucky not to win. We didn't even deserve a bloody point.

·
Registered
42,712 Posts
Would be amazing if Bournemouth could reach the top flight for the first time. I seen this program about the town and it looked really nice I thought, you been there? Now I suppose you'll tell me it's a shithole...

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Yeah I had family in Hampshire so been a few times. It's a nice place but full of old people, not really much going on. Sleepy I guess is the word.

Bournemouth getting to the Premier League would be amazing. They play some nice stuff and their coach is very likeable, he's only young and been there a few years on and off.

They nearly came up last season and me and a mate were discussing how to get there, either through train or plane.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I've assumed that up to now this season the main issues of the team have been the poor form of the likes of Toure, Fernandinho, and Dzeko which have translated into bad results despite Aguero's best attempts to carry them and along with Silva's injury as well as the post-WC early season curse, I thought it would just be a temporary thing like it was in the first few months of last year when City could hardly win away from home.

But it's November now and there's hardly been an improvement of any sort in the team's level since the season started and points are continuously being dropped both in the league and in Europe. What's the reason for these struggles? What could Pellegrini do to address it now? Seems to me like it might be a case of complacency from the players again like it was in 2012/13 after Mancini won the title.

61 - 80 of 113 Posts