Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Zmajevici !
7,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's do this, first up Newcastle in a half hour and a half. And we have locked down most of the key players with new contracts except for Yaya Toure.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Nothing official just yet.. Our media were quick to report it but our media is cooked.

·
Zmajevici !
7,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
City: Hart, Clichy, Kompany (c), Demichelis, Kolarov, Fernando, Yaya, Nasri, Silva, Jovetic, Dzeko

City subs: Caballero, Boyata, Zabaleta, Milner, Fernandinho, Navas, Aguero

·
Registered
38,223 Posts

Glad to see last season's title winning centre-back partnership starts, although would have hoped for one of Zaba or Sagna at RB. Richards is clearly off if even Boyata gets in the squad ahead of him. Looking forward to Jovetic this season, especially with Nasri and Silva playing. Strong bench for us too.

Come on City.

·
Registered
42,714 Posts
Newcastle tried hard but they just lacked that bit of quality to break through in that 2nd half. With a bit of luck they could've drawn level, though - thinking of that Ayoze shot that deflected just wide, for example.

·
Registered
58,814 Posts
Newcastle tried hard but they just lacked that bit of quality to break through in that 2nd half.
They improved in comparison to the first half but were a bit wasteful. Cabella, Williamson and Sissoko all could have finished the chances they had better.

Jeffrey said:
With a bit of luck they could've drawn level, though - thinking of that Ayoze shot that deflected just wide, for example.
Fernando was class in that play.

P.S. Btw thought Jovetic was rather poor.

·
Registered
42,714 Posts
Yeah when I saw Fernando play I couldn't help but think "he's the kind of player Arsenal really need." But I know AW won't get that player, alas.

Oh and the Newcastle fans tribute to the MH17 victims was really touching, by the way.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Not as explosive as our first game last season, but a pretty solid performance against a decent (albeit weakened) Newcastle side. To be expected really, with the World Cup eating into preparation time for so many of our players. I think most teams will be slow off the mark this season, especially the ones with lots of international players. Liverpool looked below their best too, and Arsenal weren't great.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
the donkey is not starting, and will never start an important game when aguero, jovetic and negredo are fit, unless its a hectic schedule and they need rest

1 - 20 of 113 Posts