Xtratime Community banner

Premier league 19/20 thread

5K views 118 replies 17 participants last post by  constantine jr 
#1 ·
Liverpool Vs Norwich on now. Liverpool winning 2-0 but Norwich don't give a shit and are going at them with open attacking football. Entertaining stuff so far.

#4 ·
Will be ugly season for Norwich if this carefree attitude remains lol

#6 ·
Watching City-west ham on background a bit, they have too much quality depth. I was expecting Aguero and Bernardo, but its Jesus and Mahrez starting.

#16 ·
lets admit that Hammers looked so horrible today, i like this team but they didn't even prove something positive to let fans wait for in coming weeks. it's a disaster for those great supporter to lose at home in the opening game 0-5, so awful!

i'm waiting all the possible reactions by fans and the club towards their team and Pellegrini

#21 ·
i think most of the England NT fans may sympathize more for the spurs. the main reason that they have many English players and most of them are playing for the NT.

for example, Kane, Dier, Alli, Rose.. Winks, Walker-Peters.

i don't forget to mention both ex-spurs Kyle Walker and Trippier..

#26 ·
no doubt it was so awful start for Chelsea and Lambard in his 1st official match. of course i want this result made more troubles for them before they'll face Liverpool in the super european cup on Wednesday.

chelsea started the match very well and was close to score by Abraham.. but for me they looked as one of the weakest chelsea side since years in terms of creativity. till the goal of Martial, i think the game was mostly on medium level in the 1st half even after MU goal,
it wasn't as exciting match as i had expected tbh

chelsea got some real chances to score especially that strong ball hit the post by Emerson, Barkley had missed a goal a minute earlier 38' save superbly by De Gea.

maybe manutd looked more confident on the pitch.
chelsea improved in the 2nd half but missed the creativity and playing with one striker didn't help them

Mantud succeeded to score 2 goals magnificently in 2 minutes ( Martial 64' & Rashford 65' ) i like the 3rd goal by Rashford a lot which was assisted brilliantly by Pogba who assisted the 4th as well.

Pogba was MOTM for me!

#28 ·
That was an interesting first gameday, without too many surprises. I "watched" the Liverpool, Manchester City, Spurs, Leicester, and Man United games. Not very impressed by United despite the win. City and Liverpool were a bit flattered by the scores I think, though of course they are incredibly effective at the right moment.

Got to give it to @Rob for what he mentioned in a different thread -- really impressed by Soyuncu in Leicester. Looks like a tremendous CB. Disappointing game though, I thought it could have been a very good one.

In Manchester, great debut by the two new defenders and James of course. Chelsea should have taken their chances, simple as that. They looked like the better team early on, then just lost it.

Felt a bit bad for Aston Villa. Almost made it, and Heaton is such a great signing (despite that silly mistake) but Spurs kept pushing and have the difference makers. Ndombele looks like a great signing. Like a a Naby Keita on steroids. That was the most fun game among those I saw.

Awful collapse by West Ham after a decent start. Let's see how they do in the next few games.

Reactions: Kopite
#29 ·
Got to give it to @Rob for what he mentioned in a different thread -- really impressed by Soyuncu in Leicester. Looks like a tremendous CB. Disappointing game though, I thought it could have been a very good one.
indeed, as i mentioned on LCFC thread, Soyuncu and Vardy were the best players on the pitch. at least there was a good understanding with Evans, so i predict him to continue starting next matches above Morgan.

van said:
In Manchester, great debut by the two new defenders and James of course. Chelsea should have taken their chances, simple as that. They looked like the better team early on, then just lost it.
an important factor which hurt chelsea in were spaces between their CBs. United goals and defenders bad covering proved that.

van said:
Awful collapse by West Ham after a decent start. Let's see how they do in the next few games.
i have been interested watching the their fans on social media and fans channels. i had never predicted such a bad result at home

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.