Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 410 Posts

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Halfway through the first game and we are beating Leicester 1-0 after a Hernandez overhead kick. They could have had a couple, but Vardy's finishing is off.

I imagine we will park the bus in the second half.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Calling it now, Leicester to get relegated :D

Think the goals going to go to the other bloke, not Hernandez.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1-1, silly play by us to give away a pen right at the start of the second half with Thudd fouling Gray (outside the box imo), Mahrez made no mistake with the pen

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Never a pen

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Pick that one out. Great strike from Snodgrass.

Leicester are a shambles at the back.

·
Registered
15,572 Posts
2-1 win for City against Sunderland. Deserved win but work to do for Pep. They need to quicken their passing and convert that high possession into more goalscoring chances.

Sagna and Clichy were playing very narrow, nothing like orthodox fullbacks. As a result they were finding acres of space, but not exploiting it as well as someone like Alaba would.

This is pretty much how they played.

Caballero
Stones ------- Kolarov
Fernandinho
Sagna ------- Clichy
De Bruyne ------- Silva
Sterling --------------------------- Nolito
Aguero​

·
Registered
58,671 Posts
Pretty lucky goal for Man U in Bournemouth.

·
Registered
58,671 Posts
Rather lucky second also

0-2

·
Professional Pirate
7,099 Posts
The first felt like a fifa goal with that calamity. I think EA might be on to something :howler:

3-1 now.

Let's see if things progress.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Still playing with Sagna and Clichy in 2016? And those Fernandos dont seem Pep type of players.
Are you kidding? Agree about Fernando but Guardiola loves Fernandinho, says he can play anywhere.

As for Sagna and Clichy, our other options at full back are Kolarov (currently a centre back) and Zabaleta, so we have no real choice. Nothing wrong with Sagna who is a European Championship finalist and Clichy is steady at least.

Was weird seeing them move into midfield, but made sense. This is why we should play Angelino who is a better ball player than Clichy.

I was encouraged yesterday as I could see what we were trying to do, and Guardiola showed himself to be proactive compared to Pellegrini who would have done absolutely nothing all game on the sidelines. We need to get that attacking cohesion but I think that will come on over the course of the season. Nolito looked poor. Sterling had a good game which was encouraging.

Well done Hull as well. Interesting to see how Leicester bounce back.

·
Registered
34,454 Posts
Are you kidding? Agree about Fernando but Guardiola loves Fernandinho, says he can play anywhere.

As for Sagna and Clichy, our other options at full back are Kolarov (currently a centre back) and Zabaleta, so we have no real choice. Nothing wrong with Sagna who is a European Championship finalist and Clichy is steady at least.

Was weird seeing them move into midfield, but made sense. This is why we should play Angelino who is a better ball player than Clichy.

I was encouraged yesterday as I could see what we were trying to do, and Guardiola showed himself to be proactive compared to Pellegrini who would have done absolutely nothing all game on the sidelines. We need to get that attacking cohesion but I think that will come on over the course of the season. Nolito looked poor. Sterling had a good game which was encouraging.

Well done Hull as well. Interesting to see how Leicester bounce back.
I think with the money City has they could do better than what they got there tbh. Being finalist means nothing in my book. Lets be frank now, neither is world class material.

Alves was available for example. And surely there are some younger options out there for Pep to change the look of the team to really rebuild it.

Whats the situation with keeper btw? Pep doesnt like Hart but plays some nobody Caballero. Leaving it quite late for replacement if this holds any truth here:
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10536157/joe-hart-has-no-future-under-pep-guardiola-believes-andy-dunn

1 - 20 of 410 Posts