what to eat
drink
how to rest
stretches
evedryinging

·
Registered
273 Posts
The groin is a major place to stretch as are the thighs. I find that if I dont stretch them well then I have real trouble playing

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
What to eat? Anything with lots of carbs. They are huge when you play. So pasta with a small amount of meat (Like Spaghetti with sauce that has meat in it) helps a lot before a game. Don't drink lots of water right before a match, you become bloated and it's hell to play (Especially running) Also, don't become too relaxed right before a match. Like do NOT sit in a hot tub. It relaxes your muscles, which is a very bad thing to do right before a match.

·
Registered
273 Posts
My favourite prematch meal is ers with peanut butter and small amounts of water. The PB provides protein, ers give carbs, water hydrates

·
Registered
346 Posts
I never eat before a match, as I cramp up too easily. I always listen to heavy metal right before I start warm-up to get into the mood (I'm a defender, so it gets me psychologically ready for the hard tackles). When we run out onto the field, I do 3 or 4 high jumps, bringing my knees up and strecthing out my legs a final time.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good shit I need to strart stretching again

·
Registered
273 Posts
rooty said:
I never eat before a match, as I cramp up too easily. I always listen to heavy metal right before I start warm-up to get into the mood (I'm a defender, so it gets me psychologically ready for the hard tackles). When we run out onto the field, I do 3 or 4 high jumps, bringing my knees up and strecthing out my legs a final time.
I more often listen to rap music before the match, it gets me in the mood to be tricky for some reason. :)

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
For me, it's Samba! It gets me feeling tricky. Rap simply gets me pumped, or even pissed off right before a game, sometimes helps, sometimes risks you getting sent off or something. Heavy metal gives me a headache, so it hurts me right before a match. ;)

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^Hip-Hop man come on

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Samba. Hip Hop or rather rap just makes you want to shoot someone. Samba gets a beat flowing in you, and not one that makes you want to kill someone else...;) Of course, if it's appropriate hip hop, not one involving lots of yelling and cursing, it's decent. Samba is still better though :eek:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^new thread

1 - 12 of 12 Posts