Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
9,221 Posts
Who cares?

If its supposed to be somekinda "dig" against FI, then i have to say that the standard on several online newspapers (danish & british in my case) are just as poor, if not worse, despite the people there having "qualifications in journalism"... It doesnt mean much for a site like that tbh.

Its not like they can be picky when they need people who are fluent in both fluent english and italian as well as knowledge about italian football.

·
Registered
17,495 Posts
Well you really can't associate sports journalism to any of these sites. What their requirements just betrays their MO: what they're interested in is recounting the latest and most recent news about calcio in English as soon as possible.

Nothing more.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Football italia is bad but it still light years better than Goal.com

Beside why do you need journalism qualification if all you do is translate news from Italian newspapers? Regardless I am still thankful they at least do that.

·
Banned
9,221 Posts
Well they do also write some match reports and "blog" posts where the writers give their opinions on certain matters.

But yea, having journalism qualifications is rather redundant for a writer on such a site tbh.

·
Registered
16,825 Posts
It and channel4 before it have been my browser home page for years now, with whatever flaws they have they are still readable and informative, when one develops a sense of what story is bull and which is.good

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I like FI but what's another
good Italian football site if this is not?

I also read forzaitalianfootball.com
Great podcast there but slow on news.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts