Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who will proceed from sundays quarterfinals?
Of course most of us will probably support Mihajlovic and Dejan Stankovic...but I still find it interesting to hear peoples predictions...

Holland-Yugoslavia:
A hunch tells me Yugo have a possibility to advance if they play their underdog role sensible...Boskov is a old fox in the game unlike Rijkaard. And they most certainly have the individualists to win the game...if they are in the right mood. No doubt that the motivations for the Yugos is there...especially for Mijatovic.

France-Spain:
I think the French team is more togehter and standing stronger in defense that the spanish. Yugo created 8 chances and slotted in 3 goals in the last group C match. The french attack is also looking sharper with Henry in flying form and Zizou as the provider...Spain needed 15 chances to score 3...hit the 4th from the spot.

Ciao!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Netherlands and France will go to the semi-finals.

The Dutch possibly 3-1 over Yugoslavia and France and Spain to penalties and France winning.

·
International
6,519 Posts
DriverX no way man !
YUgoslavia will win 2:1 as in return of WC 98 1/8 finals (remember ???), scorers Milosevic and Kezman.

France vs. Spain i think the score 3:2 for France than.
Scorers Raul, Henry, Mendieta, Anelka, Zidane

YEAH BABY :)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just have to say that I don't perticulary support Yugoslavia after Sinisa's behavior lately. I rather go for Portugal with Couto (Man....he is good) and Conceicao (Even if he might not be a lazioplayer next season).

Miha should start playing football and not be the diva he right now is in the Euro.

·
International
6,519 Posts
NO NO NO NO and again NO :)
Petter, Mihas behaviour was just on One Single game ! Did u see his match against Spain ?? He was acting GREAT ! I dont think he will behave like vs. Slovenia again cause i know how Boskov reacts on that kind of footall :)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Evaluation

Credits to Ramon and Driver X...the results did not turn out as you predicted...but you predicted the two teams that went through...nice going.

·
International
6,519 Posts
Well i have right predicted France's win, and scorers :)

Mendieta, Zidane ;)

Clap clap clap to me :cool:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What to say now?
Holland - Yugoslavia 6 - 1
They run-over them .
And for France , they where lucky.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Yugo had no defense//When you are down by a couple goals it is very easy to just give up..
That's what they did..
ITaly V-Holland ..The italians have a way to surprise you..Their style is different..holland has talen no doubt about that!
It the italians keep the mentality to win..Thats what they will do>>
FRance had a close one..
against portugal could be even closer..

·
International
6,519 Posts
Well i will tell you why RAUL missed that penalty

BEcause that shouldn't be a penalty anyway !!!!! And they bought that referee against Yugoslavia !

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To sslazio11

True you hade some correct predictions that where werth mentioning...you almost, also had Raul correct as a goalscorer.
Sorry Raul, but a penalty is kicked hard and towards one of the bottom corners...or you do like Mendieta: simply wait for the golie to choose a side and hit the ball into the opposite...but you need to be cool kick a penalty like that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts