Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Call me stupid or a big optimist but my prediction is that Yugoslavia will somehow make the final! I will stand by my prediction till the bitter end. How about the rest of you guys?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll go one better and say we'll win the whole ****ing thing :). And I too stick by my prediction untill end...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope that both of you are right but I think that the best we will do is to get to the second round because most likely we will face holland or France and i dont think we can beat them.Czeck rep and Denmark are also very good and it will be very hard for us to beat them also.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mijatovic you always look at the other countries how good they are and how **** we'll play against them, you never look at us the way you look at the other countries, I reckon we'll beat every country and win the euro2k! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Good luck to your beloved country guys. I think you guys can go all the way. My dream would be to see an all balkan final... Yugoslavia - Romania baby!!!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
You have the potential to reach the final at least. Knowing in what shapes are the other countries; besides,Yugoslavia is not yet at top form also. I hope you will soon reach this form because then you will deffinitely be among the favorites. And since I'd have team to support there besides you and Romania, I hope you won't disappoint me- any poor playing I'd consider failiure because I know your potential.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys(EclipsE & giani_82) for your support :), and I too am hoping to see YU - Romaina in the final...

And Mijatovic,
Vladz is right, you need to take a look at how the rest of the teams are playing.

Holland have about 1 win in the last 10 matches, Germany are the team they beat, who also ain't playing too well. France is the same team that lost to Iceland and Russia, not to mention 1-0 over Andorra, and Just recently France had problems with Scotland! Italy, well, they're just crap! :)

·
Premium Member
27,256 Posts
We should be very happy if we reach the second round, and I mean VERY happy, even though I know we won't.. :) (I mean we won't be happy)

No matter how Holland and France are playing at the moment, France are world champions, Holland 4th and we are just one of the teams that made it to the second round...
Talking about Germany, let's look at their results in the last 20 years:
1982 WC - Finalists
1986 WC - Finalists
1990 WC - World Champions
1992 EC - Finalists
1994 WC - quarterfinalists
1996 EC - European Champions
1998 WC- quarterfinalists

The reason why I'm blabbing on about this is that I'm trying to say how these teams have a tradition of playing excellent in tournaments, Germany, even though I can't see them winning it, are always a threat, I mean look, their worst result is reaching the quarter finals!!
The same goes for other teams while we are the opposite, we always play bad in these tournaments (at least most of the times..).
And that's why we have more reasons to be worried about our results in friendly matches than France and Holland do....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts