Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is dedicated to Prediction league system bug reports (for those not familiar with computer slang: reports of unexpected or wrong behavior by the new Prediction League system ;)).

Rules for reporting:

1. Please check this thread if your bug is already reported (or even fixed). If that's the case, please do not report it again.

2. If possible, please include as many information as possible, a screenshot would be great as well.

3. No wishlists please (I am a busy man ;) )...

I will delete off-topic posts.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Bug no 1

OAnimal, we have the same problem in the Spanish PL and the Barça PL. I already posted something about this problem in the Spanish leagues forum, but maybe it's easier for you, if I do it here.

The problem that people are having is that, when you already made your predictions and you click on "Apply Predictions!", then you see a white page that says:
There seems to have been a slight problem with the Xtratime Community database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

I would give you a screenshot, if I knew how to do it :eek: . But it's just a white page with that message on it, as when XT is down sometimes.

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already answered in Spanish PL thread. I think I fixed this issue, it was due to not correct handling of ' character in goalscorer names, which could result in a wrong database query, if a goalscorer which name includes ' was listed among the goalscorers. I made a bugfix available, now it's up to XT management to install it - I guess it will take some time, as everyone is quite busy or in vacations. :)

Thanks for reporting it. :)

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're welcome. :)

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
7,508 Posts
Bug no 3 (well, sort of ;))

Not a bug, just, let's say, a wish.
When I set a KO time for a match, times of all the following game change as well. In case I need to change a KO time for, e.g. match #4 ONLY, I'll have to set the correct it for matches #5-#8 again. That's annoying. Could you please make it so if I change the KO time of ONE match, the rest stays as it is?

Status: fixed as described in the next post. Will appear in version 0.99.14.

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ginger_ale said:
Not a bug, just, let's say, a wish.
:nono: I said no wishes... ;) :D

When I set a KO time for a match, times of all the following game change as well. In case I need to change a KO time for, e.g. match #4 ONLY, I'll have to set the correct it for matches #5-#8 again. That's annoying. Could you please make it so if I change the KO time of ONE match, the rest stays as it is?
Well, this is done with a purpose. Namely, in many leagues, there are a lot of games that start at the same time. So when entering new games, if system would be done as you propose, one would have to enter home team, away team, kick-off date, kick-off hour and kick-off minute for every game. But this way (if you enter games ordered by their kick-off time), you only need to enter as many kick-off dates, hours and minutes, as there are different kick-off times in a round - which in most cases, are not that many. However, if you need to change the kick-off time of one game, this is a little bit annoying, I agree. So let say I make one check-box at the top of the "Entering new games" page, which will be checked by default, but if you un-check it, the system will change no kick-off times by itself. How does this sound?

·
Registered
7,508 Posts
OAnimal said:
:nono: I said no wishes... ;) :D
:angel: :)

Well, this is done with a purpose. Namely, in many leagues, there are a lot of games that start at the same time. So when entering new games, if system would be done as you propose, one would have to enter home team, away team, kick-off date, kick-off hour and kick-off minute for every game. But this way (if you enter games ordered by their kick-off time), you only need to enter as many kick-off dates, hours and minutes, as there are different kick-off times in a round - which in most cases, are not that many. However, if you need to change the kick-off time of one game, this is a little bit annoying, I agree. So let say I make one check-box at the top of the "Entering new games" page, which will be checked by default, but if you un-check it, the system will change no kick-off times by itself. How does this sound?
Nice :) Thanks :)

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Laporta said:
For me, yes. Because I use the direct XT IP, just in case the xtratime.org/.com dns's are b0rked again.
OK, I checked it out, but on my test forum (on my computer where we made the first tests of the system) links work even if I enter IP instead of computer address. Since I have no access to XT files to check it out, I guess you'll have to wait until numerodix returns from vacations (should be back on 9th August). I apologize for this inconvenience. :angel:

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ginger_ale said:
:angel: :)

Nice :) Thanks :)
OK, I'll do that in the next days. :)

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ginger_ale said:
Bojan... I thought we don't get ANY points for making no predictions for a certain match? Then how come I have some for Krylya - CSKA game? :eek: :confused: :wth:
Where can I see that?

EDIT: I've seen it. don't worry, this is just a display bug again, it only appears when you choose the "Show details" of some round, right? Because it seems to me that at Standings, you've got the correct result (29 points), while in details it shows 36. Good that you spotted this, great observation. :thmbup: :)

You should definitely get the title of "XT Prediction League most successful bug finder"... ;) :D

I'll correct that. :)

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ginger_ale said:
I still have the same problem with "my current time", which is -1 from real :(
Check the bottom of any of the XT page.There should be something like "All times are in GMT+something. The time is now x." Does this x show you correct time or it is one hour late as well?

1 - 20 of 163 Posts