Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, what do you think of the game of today ?

I'm hoping for a win but it's gonna be very difficult. I don't know if i should be optimistic (because or good attack) or pessimistic (for our crapy defence) :confused: !
I think it's going to be a 1-1 draw but there is a little thing in me that says that we're going to win :) so i say 2-1 ..

Goals from Srupar, Verheyen and Larsson.

I don't like it that Waseige has choosen Leonard above Van Kerckhoven but now Leonard is playing i really hope he is going to play the game of his life ! He is the one who stands on the wing with Ljungberg !! He had so many troubles with Gronkjaer and Ljungberg won't be easy too. But hopely is very concentrated and will show Belgium that he is good (i really hope)

On the midfield it's going to be a real hard game i think. With both central duo's of both teams.. They're fighting for each ball ! But luckily we have a good attack and maybe Mpenza can do something against them and otherwise we have to hope for a free kick from Strupar (maybe Nilis)

I hope we can this one because otherwise we can almost forget the possibility of going to the next round .

Allez Belgium, show those swedes how you play football :D

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
i'm afraid we won't manage to break their defense. on teh other hand you said it yourself or defense is crap. therefore i think we will loose 0-1. a goal of larsson. :(

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
just testing this optional Post subject thing :)

I think there are a couple of different senario's.

1.We score the first goal.

- We can or stick to this score, but than we will get punished by the Sweeds.
--> 1-1

- Or we can try the double our score and and hold on to
that. The sweeds will break.
--> 2-0

2.They score the last goal.

- We are totally screwed.:(

I think it's going to be 2-0, just to be possitif.
Something were lots of Belgians have lack of.:D

ADRIAAN

D

·
0 Posts
The result happened to be 2-1
I predicted this score in the Euro 2000 forum, except predicted Nilis and Mpenza to score, when in fact the scorers Mpenza(handball?), and Bart Goor scored.
Sweden as we know should not have scored from the error by De Wilde, but Ljunberg should have scored, which would have been the equaliser, but De Wilde made a spectacular save.
I think Belgian team and fans confidence must be buzzing, maybe the can exceed their own expectations.

D

·
0 Posts
Man of the Match : Verheyen (Belgium) - Powerful right sided midfielder with a mean streak. Good crossing, good passing, great engine, tireless worker, only
stopped running after a clash of heads knocked him senseless late in the second half. Pushed and kicked his way through the Swedish team in a non
malicious type of way. He'll be the first name on the list of targets by scouts around Europe.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hehe, i was right again :)

I'm getting pretty good in this :D

If i predict some more games right i will move to Miami from the money i win :cool:

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My (short) view of the match

It wasn't the most beatiful game i've ever seen but we won and that's the most important thing. We were very lucky sometimes but we have proven today that we don't need many chances to score.
I hope we can keep on scoring cause i don't think that Italy and Turkey don't score against this defence. De Wilde did a great job (except from one moment ;))

Our defence isn't the best part. We knew it and it was proven again yesterday ! Midfield was good but not as good as it used to be and in the attack Mpenza was great but both Strupar and Nilis couldn't impress me. But Strupar gave some good passes and what an assist and goal after the break :eek:

The goal from Mpenza was correct for me. What do you think of it ?

[Edited by Kevin on 11-06-2000 at 11:04]

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Verheyen?

I don't think the mister Brugge will ever move from his club. He's a decent player, but no worldclass.
I like his fightingspirit but he plays for Brugge and he symbolises the club. So I love him, I hate him.:)

Mpenza was handball. But I don't think he did it on perpose. At NED2 they showed via a 3D program that the referee and the linesman couldn't see anything.
So we didn't buy anybody :D

Anyway, I enjoyed the match and I am happy with the 3 points, but the goal 'made' by De Wilde still is terrible and maybe important after the 3 matches.
Who knows, maybe we will be kicked out because of this stupid goal? :(
( Kevin, first Toni and now this: makes you think :):))

ADRIAAN
_________

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hehe adriaan, the keepers are teasing us :D
But Toni's one was worse and had more consequences :mad:

Well, maybe it was a hand ball but for once i don't mind.

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
lucky but 3 points

In my opinion we got away with it yesterday. if it wasn't for dewilde (my man of the match) sweden would have won it. luckily goor managed to strumble through the defense and emile scored a beautifull goal (although nobody can deny it was hands).

i was quite impressed the way sweden managed to play pressing all the game through (untill p.andersson got the red). in such a situation you need technique to control the game and to bring some rest. we don't have that, but maybe we won't need it anymore cause italy nor turkey can develop such pressure.

unfortunately for sweden they didn't have a midfielder who can do some thing with the ball as soon as they had them (zetterberg!!!).

wel it wasn't good but we have 3 points so who cares. :p
just wanted to say that once again van kerckhoven and to a lesser extend nilis (he wanted to proove himself to much) showed they are a lot better than leonard and strupar.

someone said verheyen was quite good. well i think he s****d. he was the man who got the most of space (in my opinion cause sweden knew he would fail) but didn't manage to do anything with it. only the moment when he wanted to come back on the pitch whan he already was substituted was hilarious. it was the funniest thing i had seen in a long time, but imagin what have happened if he actually had come back on the pitch: 12 players, sweden complaints, belgium looses 3-0 :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts