Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the pre-season preparations are underway with Derby winning their first two matches, 1:0 over Burton with a goal from Porter and a 5:1 win over a non-league side

Here are the upcoming friendly fixtures:
July 18: Chesterfield (A)
July 21: Yeovil (A)
July 23: Torquay (A)
July 25: Exeter (A)
July 27: Matlock (A)
July 28: Notts County (A)
July 30: Burton (A)
July 31: Alfreton Town (A)
August 1: Stoke (H)

are they still planning to schedule a "bigger" name at home or is it only Stoke this season? :pp

·
Registered
69,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2:2 draw in the final pre-season test against Stoke. Pearson scored and Mendy scored in the final minute to equalize

Bywater; Connolly, McEveley, Green, Addison, Savage, Teale, Pearson, Buxton, Davies, Moxey were the starting 11 while Barnes, Mendy, Pringle and Commons came off the bench

·
Registered
535 Posts
you got rid of your best player - Mile Sterjovski!!:)

Is Ruben Zadkovich still on the books?? he is pretty crap

How was Andy Todd's year last season? Is he going to be missed?

·
Registered
69,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought Sterjovski was under utilized here, he played well but they never seemed to use him enough, especially Jewell.

Zadkovich is still with the club, but he played maybe 2-3 games all of last season, not really in the first team plans

Todd was a guy dropped by Jewell but did well under Clough in the second half of the season. He could still play even though he is 34-35 years old now. I wouldn't have minded for Todd to stay, but at the same time its not a big loss

·
Registered
347 Posts
How is Pearson getting on,recovered from injury by the looks of things. Has he learned to control the ball yet? Hope he does well,like to see the ex-'Well boys shine.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Sterjovski was probably under used, never really grabbed hold of any of the chances he did get though.

Andy Todd was horrible for the most part for us, except an outstanding performance against man utd in the cup, his legs were gone though, players ran rings around him, might do well using his experience over in oz though.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I thought Sterjovski was under utilized here, he played well but they never seemed to use him enough, especially Jewell.

Zadkovich is still with the club, but he played maybe 2-3 games all of last season, not really in the first team plans

Todd was a guy dropped by Jewell but did well under Clough in the second half of the season. He could still play even though he is 34-35 years old now. I wouldn't have minded for Todd to stay, but at the same time its not a big loss
Sterjovski was probably under used, never really grabbed hold of any of the chances he did get though.

Andy Todd was horrible for the most part for us, except an outstanding performance against man utd in the cup, his legs were gone though, players ran rings around him, might do well using his experience over in oz though.
IMO Mile is definitely worthy of performing well in the Championship, I was surprised that he was never really given his day in the sun @ Derby. I agree with you Steel Neil about Andy Todd, with a less rigorous playing schedule he should do well in the A-league.
The Zadkovich signing always surprised me, he never really showed anything in the A-league, possibly get loaned out for this season?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts