Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

HIBERNIAN FC vs FC BARCELONA
Murrayfield Stadium - Edinburgh (Scotland) - Thu, Jul 24 - 20:45

Football is back and the new Barcelona of Pep Guardiola start to walk, preparing the season to come. Our team isn't closed yet and we still have some weeks to go until the first official game in the Champions League.

Some interesting things. It'll be the first time we'll be able to see the team in action, the new system, the new mechanisms, knowing that this is just the first game of the pre-season and keeping in mind that the physical preparation is far from the 100%.

Besides, we will also be able to see the new faces of the team. Piqué, Alves, Caceres, Hleb, Keita, the guys of the B team. Nothing to take conclussions, but it's always nice to see the debut of the new guys dressing our shirt.

Let's hope to see some nice things.

FORÇA BARÇA!

·
Registered
297 Posts
unfortunatley it seems that there will only be about 20,000 fans this time. last year murrayfield was full. anyway it will be good to see peps first game and the new signings

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
I doubt Pep will start trying to find a first eleven in this game already. He will probably just put out two mixed teams at both halves.

·
BARÇA OF THE 6 CUPS
1,018 Posts
I just cant wait to see new Barça in action :)

Visca el Barça! (H)

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
I hope Eto'o will score all the goals in this match..... goo Samuellll

·
Registered
297 Posts
Thursday night is a bad time to try and fill such a big stadium for a friendly, particularly in that city full of tea sipping cricket lovers. :D
are you going to the game VBI? If so where about are you sitting? I am in the east stand, section E12 along with approximately 20 other barca fans so that will be where the atmosphere is :D

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Maximum intensity

At 10.00 local time, Barça’s Tuesday morning training session in Scotland got under way, but the players were already out exercising before that.

Pep Guardiola wanted the players to get some fitness training in even before the session was scheduled to start. There was no transport laid on from the hotel to the practice ground – the players were ordered to run there!

30 non-stop minutes

Once at the training ground, Guardiola divided the players into three groups, who did circuits without the ball, working on fitness and changes of direction.

There was no time for rest between exercises, the players went straight on to the next item. That meant that for 30 minutes, Guardiola made sure his players never stopped moving.

With the ball

The players were then divided into two groups, and for 20 minutes tried to keep possession of the ball. The idea was to get the ball off the opposing side.

The last ten minutes involved medicinal balls, with which the players did sit-ups and similar exercises in a more unusual way to what they are used to.

------------------------------------------------------------------
I wonder what would have happened if Ronnie had this type of a workout last year this time! Hmmmm....

·
Registered
972 Posts
Hibernian Football Club will no doubt embarrass themselves with their "fans dressed as seats" act. In these parts, they are known as the "Wee team" because of their perpetual lacking. Here's a photo of them from just before the biggest Edinburgh derby in over a hundred years, a Scottish cup semi-final (a trophy they've not won in 107 years)

Final score? Hibernian 0 Heart of Midlothian 4 :D

From what I've heard, they've sold 12,000 so far. We had just short of 58,000. Nuff said.

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
I wonder what would have happened if Ronnie had this type of a workout last year this time! Hmmmm....
Maybe that's the reason why he went to ACM, he got scared by Pep. "Preparation for CL qualifications in the middle of the heat, Olympics, Deco left, Rijkaard's daughter left, Sylvinho is Brazilian but he's too serious and dedicated to the work, Rosell's plan didn't succeed, Barça bartenders got enough of me... and on the top of it, here comes this tough fella Pep. Robert, call Uncle Fester Galliani and pack the bags!"

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'll be attending.

Hoping to see a goal fest - which should happen considering you'll be facing a team of diddy journeymen from St Mirren and Grimsby.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I'll be in attendance too. I'm particularly anticipating the clash between Hleb and Paul "Roberto Carlos" Hanlon, and of course, Messi versus David "Zico" Van Zanten. Mouth-watering. The only thing that'll stop you winning this game by 5 is match fitness. Hibernian are laughably bad.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
I'll be in attendance too. I'm particularly anticipating the clash between Hleb and Paul "Roberto Carlos" Hanlon, and of course, Messi versus David "Zico" Van Zanten. Mouth-watering. The only thing that'll stop you winning this game by 5 is match fitness. Hibernian are laughably bad.
that is a slightly bias view though isnt it? ;)

hope its entertaining

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Will it be shown on british TV??

stuck at work until 7 pm that day, seriously considering pulling a sickie :embarass::groan:

1 - 20 of 209 Posts