Xtratime Community banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
At 62' seven substitutions made: Bannis, Hall, Hendriks, El Bouchataoui, Skogen, Hartjes, and Conteh.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
BSC scored at 70' and won the match 2-0. The lineup looked like this with the subs:

Bijlow
Hall, Skogen, Burger, Hendriks
El Bouchataoui, Diemers
Hartjes
Conteh, Bannis, Antonucci

Later, Burger was subbed out for Vente, and El Bouchataoui dropped back to partner Skogen in central defense.

Pluses: Skogen looks useful at RCB. Hopefully, Slot will carry him with the first team. Big guy, who seemed to be comfortable on the ball.

Minuses: Only one or two decent crosses in the entire match. What is the point of playing 4-3-3 if the wingers or wing backs never put in crosses? Maybe we should play 5-3-2, and let the wing backs (Malacia and Pedersen) fly forward more often to put in crosses for two strikers. With 3 central defenders, we could afford to be more offensive with the wing backs. Pedersen went forward a couple of times and looked dangerous in doing so. I don't see the point of two wide wingers if they only pass back into the crowded middle.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Pre-season friendlies against Werder Bremen A and B saw a 2-1 win and a 3-3 draw, respectively.

Toornstra and Kokcu (PK) scored for the A squad, and Bannis (brace, one a PK) and Naujoks scored for the B squad.

Bannis needs to be included in the A squad, and brought in for the final 20-30 minutes of each match. He is improving in his finishing ability.

·
Registered
59,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Handy win. Despite being stretchered off, Sinisterra is back training again.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Having watched the entire Drita match, and the highlights with PAOK Salonika, I would say that Antonucci looks more creative offensively than Til. I would like to see Slot give him a starting berth.

·
Registered
59,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Playing against Atletico Madrid in de Kuip on Sunday 8-8 at 5pm.
Been some time since we've signed up a really big club for a pre-season game. Guess the fact that with there being no lucrative tournaments in N America or the Far East helps

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Saw the highlights of yesterday's game against ADO. Couldn't score even if our lives depended on it. Based on the hightlights Haps was pretty much the only positive as he was involved in most of our opportunities (which, to be fair, we had a few at least, but with Bozenik up front...).

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Saw the highlights of yesterday's game against ADO. Couldn't score even if our lives depended on it. Based on the hightlights Haps was pretty much the only positive as he was involved in most of our opportunities (which, to be fair, we had a few at least, but with Bozenik up front...).
Yeah, I saw the highlights also and came to the same conclusion. Haps was the only creative force on the pitch. Supposedly Slot started a front line of Kokcu (on the left), Sinisterra in the middle, and Jahanbakhsh on the right. Til played the 10 position, but in fact acts more like a second striker. Perhaps Slot should start Til as striker given his height and tendency to clog the middle.

Only goal came from a Bozenik PK. All of his other shots were off target, although one or two hit the bar. He needs to start hitting the target.

Trauner and Senesi started as the CB pairing, with Fer as defensive midfield. Thursday away to FC Luzern will be a real test as to the stopping capability of this trio.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
That defensive trio may potentially work well. I've always thought Fer's problem hasn't been lack of pace but lack of discipline. He was an excellent DM during spring 2020 or whenever it was when we dominated under Advocaat. After that he started traipsing around again.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Fer was an 8 when he played with Feyenoord before. So by playing him as a 6, you risk him taking off up field to provide offense when he sees that the other midfielders aren't getting anything done. I would still like to see Slot give Antonucci a chance at playing with the starting 11. So far, he has mostly put Antonucci in with the young squad. Til should be the starting striker, IMHO.

Teak's suggestion:
Bijlow
Pedersen, Trauner, Senesi, Haps
Fer
Toornstra, Antonucci
Jahanbakhsh, Til, Sinisterra or Linssen

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
That's a good point...perhaps the rest of our midfield started performing more poorly and Fer felt the need to take part more actively, which led to all sorts of defensive problems. I wouldn't mind trying your proposed line-up, though I'd still like to see someone more technically adept in midfield in place of Toornstra, and have him used as a sub for Alireza. That'd probably require a Haps type RB though. From what I've seen Pedersen is ok, but nothing special.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Yeah. I think Nieuwkoop would have been fine, really the same level it seems for now, but we'll see. Pedersen is quite a bit younger, so who knows what'll come out of him. But agreed.

Though I'm sure everyone knows we're perpetually penniless, which puts us in a pretty bad negotiating position.

·
Registered
59,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·

Shock win last Sunday against Atletico Madrid in de Kuip :D

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
It is good to see them improving match by match as the season start approaches. Need a win against Willem II, not a draw or loss.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts