Xtratime Community banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
At 62' seven substitutions made: Bannis, Hall, Hendriks, El Bouchataoui, Skogen, Hartjes, and Conteh.

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
BSC scored at 70' and won the match 2-0. The lineup looked like this with the subs:

Bijlow
Hall, Skogen, Burger, Hendriks
El Bouchataoui, Diemers
Hartjes
Conteh, Bannis, Antonucci

Later, Burger was subbed out for Vente, and El Bouchataoui dropped back to partner Skogen in central defense.

Pluses: Skogen looks useful at RCB. Hopefully, Slot will carry him with the first team. Big guy, who seemed to be comfortable on the ball.

Minuses: Only one or two decent crosses in the entire match. What is the point of playing 4-3-3 if the wingers or wing backs never put in crosses? Maybe we should play 5-3-2, and let the wing backs (Malacia and Pedersen) fly forward more often to put in crosses for two strikers. With 3 central defenders, we could afford to be more offensive with the wing backs. Pedersen went forward a couple of times and looked dangerous in doing so. I don't see the point of two wide wingers if they only pass back into the crowded middle.

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Pre-season friendlies against Werder Bremen A and B saw a 2-1 win and a 3-3 draw, respectively.

Toornstra and Kokcu (PK) scored for the A squad, and Bannis (brace, one a PK) and Naujoks scored for the B squad.

Bannis needs to be included in the A squad, and brought in for the final 20-30 minutes of each match. He is improving in his finishing ability.

·
Registered
59,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Handy win. Despite being stretchered off, Sinisterra is back training again.

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Having watched the entire Drita match, and the highlights with PAOK Salonika, I would say that Antonucci looks more creative offensively than Til. I would like to see Slot give him a starting berth.

·
Registered
59,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Playing against Atletico Madrid in de Kuip on Sunday 8-8 at 5pm.
Been some time since we've signed up a really big club for a pre-season game. Guess the fact that with there being no lucrative tournaments in N America or the Far East helps

21 - 28 of 28 Posts