Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
59,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Euro 2020 is in full flow, but we've already got a friendly coming up tomorrow, albeit behind closed doors against AA Gent. It'll be on Feyenoord's YouTube channel and be played at Varkenoord :D

The pre-season schedule for now:

Sat 26 June AA Gent at Varkenoord 13:30 CET
Sat 3 July AEK Athens at Varkenoord 12:30 CET with public
Sat 17 July Werder Bremen
Sun 25 July PAOK Saloniki
Sun 1 Aug ADO Den Haag

Decent opponents to test ourselves against.

With no right sided centre backs available, Slot is playing Fer alongside Senesi. Something to keep an eye on, since Fer didn't look great in midfield last season. Maybe this position will suit him better at this stage of his career. Fans use Utrecht's Willem Janssen as an example of a player who has benefited from this change in role.

Reactions: rkrichardson

·
Registered
40,957 Posts
Finally a coach who wants to play games that could actually help you, instead of pointless friendlies against amateurs.

Look forward to Slot's reign as Feyenoord manager. I expect a lot of good things to happen, but let's keep expectations low for this season at least.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Finally a coach who wants to play games that could actually help you, instead of pointless friendlies against amateurs.

Look forward to Slot's reign as Feyenoord manager. I expect a lot of good things to happen, but let's keep expectations low for this season at least.
Oh cool. A new poster named "Krle". Welcome. Hope you catch my sarcasm. :)

Welcome back!

·
Registered
40,957 Posts
Feyenoord looking much better than in the previous game. First half and already 3-1 up in the first half against AEK Athens. Playing with a lot of pressure on the opposition backline, resulting in the third goal (Sinisterra). First was scored by Linssen after a great Senesi pass and the second was a nice goal by Bannis, who's been impressive so far!

Slot's ideas are obvious. Quick tempo, high press, lots of width. So far so good!

Live here!

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Cool. I just now turned it on but the match is over and they are walking off the pitch. But it looks like it will replay for me, late riser that I am this morning.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Just finished watching the pre-season match against AEK Athens. First half lineup looked like it could be our Europa Conference League lineup since Berghuis and Kokcu are still on break from Euro 2020.

Bijlow
Pedersen, Fer, Senesi, Malacia
Toornstra, Diemers
Til
Sinisterra, Bannis, Linssen

Til wasn't too evident before minute 25, but after that became influential. Bannis looked good at centre forward. I hope Slot keeps him in the first team and doesn't lend him out.

Second half saw an interesting CB pairing: El-Bouchataoui and Burger. Don't we have any CBs on the squad other than Senesi?

·
Registered
59,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fine Genco. Good to have you back. Old times relived :D Already looking forward to the PSV game?

·
Registered
59,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just finished watching the pre-season match against AEK Athens. First half lineup looked like it could be our Europa Conference League lineup since Berghuis and Kokcu are still on break from Euro 2020.

Bijlow
Pedersen, Fer, Senesi, Malacia
Toornstra, Diemers
Til
Sinisterra, Bannis, Linssen

Til wasn't too evident before minute 25, but after that became influential. Bannis looked good at centre forward. I hope Slot keeps him in the first team and doesn't lend him out.

Second half saw an interesting CB pairing: El-Bouchataoui and Burger. Don't we have any CBs on the squad other than Senesi?
Hendriks- but he's a LCB. We don't have one right footed CB in the entire squad, except for the new Fer.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Senesi and Henriks are the only two in the squad right now who are listed as centre backs. I know that Geertruida was considered a CB prospect, but with his goal scoring ability he is better used at RB IMHO. I can't believe we would head into a league and Euro season with just Fer at RCB.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if we played Geertruida at CB. My understanding is he'd like to play CB as well. I think he's scored most of his goals from set pieces anyway, so we wouldn't lose much in terms of goal-scoring potential. He's good on the ball too, and fast. Might be worth a shot at CB.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Watching the BSC Young Boys - Feyenoord pre-season match now, two days after the fact. (Don't know result yet.)

First half lineup:
Bijlow
Pedersen, Burger, Senesi, Malacia
Toornstra, Kokcu
Til
Linssen, Bozenik, Sinisterra

Not surprised that Slot is giving Burger a chance at RCB. They were talking about selling him for 1m Euros, but if he could work out at RCB it would be good. Could we get a CB for only 1m Euros by contrast?

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
27' Malacia decides that it is wise to try to clear the ball by passing back into the middle of the pitch where a Young Boy steals the ball and slots it past Bijlow, 1-0. And they think that Haps is surplus to requirements.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Second half, Diemers in for Kokcu, Antonucci in for Bozenik. Sinisterra moves to middle, Linssen on left wing and Antonucci on right wing. Everything else the same.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts