Xtratime Community banner
81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
71,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Smile Sleeve Jersey Beard Sports uniform

Saturday night in Pescara. The last friendly before the season starts at Lecce. As the last test, the best 11 should start.

Samir, De Vrij, Skriniar, Bastoni, Dumfries, Gosens/Darmian, Brozovic, Hakan, Barella, Lautaro and Lukaku

·
Registered
71,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Smile Arm Happy Gesture Leisure

Krajina's favourite players :)

Reactions: stefan9

·
Registered
21,243 Posts
They are not pointless, they are there for match fitness and team positioning.
Yes, obviously you can't just take 22 overweight, hungover players off a beach in Corfu and line them up in the Serie A against Fiorentina on match day 1

What I meant is these games are not significant in terms of results and I have no idea why anyone actually watches them

Reactions: stefan9

·
Registered
21,243 Posts
I tuned in to watch a few minutes

The defending is absolutely comical

·
Registered
71,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Only positive is Gosens assisting Lukaku, though Villarreal gk was poor on the cross.

Every decent and half decent team scored against us this pre season. That's 6 goals conceded against Monaco, Lyon and Villarreal.

Dumfries could have done better on the clearance but a nice volley from Pedraza who is a good LB btw

Coquelin had acres of space for the 2nd goal

Anyhow Villarreal eliminated juve and Bayern from the CL so not an amateur team but hopefully we comeback 2nd half, even if we didn't create a lot

·
Registered
71,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
1-3

Poor

Hopefully the team learns from this for the games that matter

·
Registered
21,243 Posts
4 conceded now

I'm the first to acknowledge these results mean little, but players are allowed to maintain some sense of dignity and respect for the fans who paid and turned out to see them.

Humiliating and woeful defensive performance.

Defense clearly the weak link now with a massively declining SDV, and a very poor D'Ambrosio.

Though Inter getting whipped by Spanish teams is nothing new either.

·
Registered
21,243 Posts
Midfield with Asllani instead of Brozo has more holes in it than a piece of Swiss cheese

·
Registered
21,243 Posts
Handanovic, by the way, put in a Serie D level performance that most amateur keepers would be ashamed of.

He needs to be dropped immediately

Reactions: camelface

·
Registered
21,243 Posts
Dzeko also hilariously bad

Persevering with this dinosaur and Correa instead of signing the likes of Dybala and Belotti for free is going to be a black mark in Marotta's/Inzaghi's copy book for many years to come.

Reactions: camelface

·
Registered
6,808 Posts
First goal : Good shot but barella is late to react and leaves too much space for the shot.

Second goal: bad give away by asllani who then compounds the error by for some reason going to mark goosens man leaving the middle totally open. Barella and Hakan not tracking back also an issue on the goal. Given all that shot is very central and should be saved.

Third goal: poor from skriniar, de vrij and hananovic.

Fourth goal: dreadful from d'ambrosio and de vrij. Not good from handa , not clearing the ball away from the striker for the rebound.

·
Registered
21,243 Posts
9 goals conceded in 4 games against French/Spanish opposition

Abysmal really

·
Registered
71,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Man U won 4-0 against Liverpool in preseason yet lost at home against Brighton in EPL today. I will complain if we don't beat Lecce on Saturday night.

Reactions: stefan9 and red
81 - 94 of 94 Posts