Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 326 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think most forumites would agree a few changes need to be made, cut out a bit of the dead weight and reform the squad. Suggest away people!

Liverani OUT

Vieri - all depends on wages with this one. I wouldn't mind him around in a coaching capacity for the young'uns. However, I doubt he plans to retire or downpace his career and therefore thinks he can still command a sizable pay packet. If so, OUT.

Uja OUT. Nobody wants it to happen except him. Disappointing, but thems the breaks.

Barzagli IN. More than ever do we need him in.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Liverani, Santana, Semioli, Potenza, Pasqual all out.

Vieri and Ujfalusi too if they can't find new motivation.

We have too many forwards who don't play. Bring one or too capable in and get rid of those who won't make it in the squad.

Defence obviously needs reinforcements to support Gamberini. Dainelli should stay as a backup.

It'll be a very interesting summer to see who stays and who won't.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
absoultely Vieri out! we don't need old ppl in our team

and yeah we need great defence and Danelli has to be out too

If Ufo will move, then we should have a great player to take him place!

However, some of the players that I think we need like Frey!

If Frey goes, I don't think we will servive without him!!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Vieri - definitely OUT
Liverani - OUT. I haven't seen any contribution from him this season
Semioli - OUT. Haven't noticed he has played at all.
Santana - probably OUT. He is technically good but ...
Kroldrup - OUT. Defender has to know what is marking.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
I'd keep Semioli, well he had bad injury, but some months ago he seemed an interesting guy. He will prove he was worh buying.

Out for me: Bobo, Ufo, Pasqual, Dainelli, maybe also Osvaldo and/or Papa, who knows what with Lupoli who isn't shining in Serie B.

In: Barzagli would be fine, Dossena as replacement of Pasqual, new power forward?, some skilled guy for midfield or side, maybe Jovetic that is?, Comotto as another side defender.

The lineup:

1st team:
Frey
Jorgensen, Gamberini, Barzagli, Dossena
Montolivo, Donadel
Semioli, Mutu, XXX
Pazzini (or XXX)

Reserves:
Viviano?
Comotto, Di Costa, Kroldrup/Dainelli, Gobbi
Kuzmanovic, Melo
Jovetic, Lupoli, Osvaldo
Cacia

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Mutu out.
and why not prandeli too? we didnt win the 3 most importand games of the season so it must be his fault too....:rollani:

how much ungratefulness is there in this ****ing world? How pathetic can some fans be??i really cant believe it:confused:

and liverani out so easily ? the only one in the team(at least untill montolivo started to play good) that knows how to make a decent pass
those who are looking for his contribution should start for yesterday match...he contributed 2 3 goals

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
I'm not sure about Liverani. I like the guy, not the quickest one, but indeed, he has fantastic feet. However, if the Melo* rumour is true, and we are going to play more 4-2-3-1 than 4-3-3, then I fear there wouldn't be enough space for all Montolo, Melo and Liverani.

*I actually don't know almost nothing about Melo's qualities, but once we acquire him, I believe (or rather pray...) he has to have required quality.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I dont say that he will be the n1 starter of next season...
I m just surprised from how easily is on everybody out list.

i mean ,in the topic starter post there is liverani out without excuse and he would discuss ABOUT KEEPING VIERI!!!!!!!!Τhat piece of crap .
I would personally keep him for just one reason.

If a miracle happens(wich i really dont believe) and we go on cl i would like him in a match fom 1 to 90 so i cant see how many kms will have with that nice graphic they have in cl!!!!
If the average is 8 or 9 i doubt that he will pass 3 !!!
And i m serious...the man is a pathetic indiferent walker

In general we are a slow team ,we need fast players.
Jovetic from what i read is fast

anyway how come you have gobbi out?he was the surprise of the year maybe
for me he will be a starter for sure

semioli ...hmm i dont know
we waited 5 months for him to make some decent games.
now after his injury i think he returned to september again,if we have to wait that long again...

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Haha :howler:
I have Gobbi in my mind set as reserve player maybe. But honestly, it's way too clear he wasn't born a left back, I often find find him out of position. However as you say, he is having very good season this year. Still ideally, I'd prefer on form Pasqual to start on the left, unfortunately the kid wearing 23 is a fake one nowadays. On the other side Dossena impressed me for Udinese this season, so if we took him, and he kept his form, I can see him being a starter.

Semioli hard to say, I'd give him another year. Above all if Santana leaves to England, we better keep one more winger.

·
Registered
307 Posts
and why not prandeli too? we didnt win the 3 most importand games of the season so it must be his fault too....:rollani:

how much ungratefulness is there in this ****ing world? How pathetic can some fans be??i really cant believe it:confused:

and liverani out so easily ? the only one in the team(at least untill montolivo started to play good) that knows how to make a decent pass
those who are looking for his contribution should start for yesterday match...he contributed 2 3 goals
I can forgive poor performances. But when a player....a LEADER is needed the most, and he decides to put himself before the club, that is beyond unforgivable.

I'm sorry, he just doesn't have the right character....the Fiorentina character. I understand that you think I'm ungrateful....I'm not. I really thought we were seeing a new Adi Mutu. Yesterday completely ruined that for me.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I can forgive poor performances. But when a player....a LEADER is needed the most, and he decides to put himself before the club, that is beyond unforgivable.

I'm sorry, he just doesn't have the right character....the Fiorentina character. I understand that you think I'm ungrateful....I'm not. I really thought we were seeing a new Adi Mutu. Yesterday completely ruined that for me.
what kind of bulcrap is that??? you really dont make sense...i saw the first half,then i was in the edge of breaking the tv,heart attack and cerebral accident so i just couldnt watch it anymore

what did he do so dreadfull in the second half that made you understand that he was really acting all season and he doesnt have the....fiorentina character:googly: and hes playing for himself(like he needs to or has something to prove as a player)???

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok both people have a point -

Mutu has been phenomenal but equally some of his sound-bites both on and off the pitch havent reflected all that well. He just needs a bit of competition and not to be revered as a savior/champion. Sure respect him, but the 'how are we to win without Adrian' attitude must go. How to solve it? Find another scorer. Who? who the hell knows.

IMO we gave Vieri a fair go when alot of people canned him so if anyone reading this thread think he is copping a bad rap then think about who took him in when no one else would. The penalty was unforgivable - it was at that exact moment when his experience would suddenly have the upper hand as youth goes flying out the window...that ridiculous run up was punished and so were we for condoning such cowboy tactics.

Liverani...interesting. I think he only has a left foot and praces with the ball a little too much for my liking. I havent seen the phenomenal through balls he threaded in 06. I would keep him on board for experience, but at what cost?

·
Registered
717 Posts
I really don't understand how there is more than one guy saying Liverani must go out. You must have been watching another purple team in another league. (toulouse maybe?) Liverani is the one that dictates the tempo in our team. He almost never miss a pass. I think he have to stay no mather what happens. Plus, he gives experience tosuch a young midfield. Vieri should be kicked out (i'm sorry, but I really don't see why he's playing in our team. I hopes Ujfa stays, he's our capitan an he plays just great. We really need a goalscorer striker. It is not that hard. I really like Pazzini, but as second striker; he hasn't the instinct nore the precision to be our only striker. Mutu should stay despite the last match attitude cause he's just ****ing great. Santana is a good player, but he could be a reserve player. I think Farfan could be a great winger. I would love to see this offensive sistem:

Farfán----------------Mutu
--------Cavenaghi---------

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Why no Liverani?
Sure he has the potential to be a great player, but all too often this season he gets pushed off the ball or his crosses get cleared with ease. He has potential, i'm willing to keep him on board another season on the proviso his contract isnt costing us a fortune and we don't have to renew it to keep him here.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Why no Liverani?
Sure he has the potential to be a great player, but all too often this season he gets pushed off the ball or his crosses get cleared with ease. He has potential, i'm willing to keep him on board another season on the proviso his contract isnt costing us a fortune and we don't have to renew it to keep him here.
He is 32 years old. He showed his potential when playing for Perugia and Lazio but seems to me that his contribution is not very good anymore as our younger stars are better already. But if his salary is not very high why not to keep him as substitute.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
I guess it's 50-50. But even if he went away, surely Corvino would us bring adequate replacement.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
But if his salary is not very high why not to keep him as substitute.
My thoughts exactly.

I guess it's 50-50. But even if he went away, surely Corvino would us bring adequate replacement.
I don't even want to think about that - he has clearly been our best player this season and has saved our butts so many times.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
I will try a brief review of transfer situation...

Players almost 100% to leave:
Vieri and Ujfalusi

Players likely to leave:
Cacia, Pasqual

Could be on the way out:
Dainelli, Avramov, Potenza, Liverani, Lupoli, Santana, Papa Waigo, Osvaldo

Players almost 100% to join us:
Jovetic and Melo

Players likely to join us:
Barzagli and Vargas

Other rumours:
Gilardino, Comotto, Dossena, Aquafresca, Morreti, Raggi, Domizzi, Palladino, Rosina, Revelliere

1 - 20 of 326 Posts