Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PARMA, Italy, May 15 (AFP) - Italian Cup winners Parma on Wednesday confirmed Cesare Prandelli as their new coach.

Prandelli, who led Venezia to promotion in the 2000-1 season but was sacked shortly after the start of the 2001-2 campaign, replaces stop-gap Gedeone Carmignani who had steadied the ship after a 12-month spell where Parma had five coaches.

He had been earmarked by Parma's director of football Arrigo Sacchi to take charge of the club which only avoided relegation in the penultimate week of the season.

Prandelli will meet the press on Thursday

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I just read a similar article at C4. So it is now official. What annoyed me is that Carmnigiani will not remain at the club :(

·
Registered
480 Posts
Official: Cesare Prandelli Is Parma's New Boss

Sacchi's choice

05/15/2002. Serie A side Parma announced their coach for the upcoming season will be Cesare Prandelli, on Wednesday afternoon.

The Emilia side will present their new trainer to reporters early tomorrow afternoon in the Tardini Stadium press room.

The former Venezia and Verona boss takes the team's reigns over from Carmigniani, who led the team to a difficult 'Salvezza' and a Coppa Italia triumph over Juventus.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Canna77, Gedeone will stay with Parma, he will probably get some role in the youth department alongside the highly rated Atalanta Primavera coach we are bringing in...

·
Registered
355 Posts
CESARE THE FOURTH AT PARMA

Former Venezia and Verona boss Cesare Prandelli became Parma's fourth coach since October.

The 44-year-old takes from Gedeone Carmignani, who stepped into the breach following the sacking of Daniel Passarella just over a month after the Argentinian had replaced Renzo Ulivieri.

Carmignani is expected to return to the backroom role he abandoned before saving Parma from relegation and winning the Coppa Italia.

The news was announced on the club's website but Prandelli will not be presented until a press conference at the Stadio Tardini on Thursday afternoon.

He has also coached Atalanta and Lecce.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Canna77, Gedeone will stay with Parma, he will probably get some role in the youth department alongside the highly rated Atalanta Primavera coach we are bringing in...
He was our goalkeeper-coach before he became chef-coach, wasn´t he? So why couldn´t he do this job again?:confused:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
though i am basically a milan fan, i would want pama to do better in the coming season. serie A is fast losing its sisters, fiorentina having been relegated. Re-emmergence of Parma is needed more than ever to make serie A more competitive.
Best of luck to Parma and Prandelli for the coming season.

Ciao!:)

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
So it's Prandelli for the next season. Which means, from what I've heard, an entertaining 4-4-2 tactic next season. And that's great.

What's also good is with all the "talking" going on between Parma and more specificly Sacchi and Prandelli, we should be sure thier on the same wavelength regarding the future of the club. By this time they should know eachothers favourite desserts, something that couldn't be said about Passarella for example.
So Sacchi and Prandelli should have a common mercato strategy, and the plan about what players to get and which to sell should already be clear.
Which should eliminate more Laursen fiascos. :rolleyes:

My knowledge about Prandelli is everything but great. I've heard that he's good at giving youngsters a chance. I hope he's good at man-management too. We can't afford any unrest in the squad and everyone has to aim in the same direction.

And finally I hope the players that stay has a real thirst for revenge after this misarable season, and the new players that arrive are willing to show love for the shirt and are willing to give thier all. So in short, more :fero: next season!

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Prandelli Thankful For Parma Chance
News Archive

'Thankful' for the chance
05/16/2002. Cesare Prandelli has thanked Parma for giving him the opportunity to take charge of the side.

The former Venezia boss was unveiled as the new Gialloblu coach yesterday.

"I thank Parma for this opportunity," he said. I'm a football man and will do by very best to get this side back to the highest levels. I want to learn as much as I can from this prestigious club.

"I'm not fearful of the responsibility, even if I inherit from Carmignani an important group of players that won the cup.

"I fully understand the proposals of the Tanzi family and will not interfere with the buying and selling issues. These decisions are entirely in the hands of the club."

soccerage
----------------------------------------------
Parma boss Prandelli on performance-related pay

Thursday 16th May 2002

Parma director Andrea Baraldi revealed that new coach Giulio Cesare Prandelli would be paid according to his performance as the former Venezia boss was officially presented on Thursday.

Prandelli, who was sacked by Venezia in October, has signed a one-year contract with the option for a further 12 months and takes over from caretaker boss Pietro Carmignani.

He will work closely with technical director Arrigo Sacchi, much like his predecessor.

No specific salary-details were released, but Baraldi explained: "With our new coach we have started a new idea. We are offering him a contract without 'special' money.

"His income will be directly connected with our results. We'll go on with this new system and we will also offer the same kind of contract to all incoming players."

Prandelli, who has also coached Atalanta, Lecce and Verona, admitted that he was delighted to be back in Serie A.

"I take from Pietro Carmignani a good squad that won an important trophy at the end of a difficult season," he said, referring to the recent Coppa Italia triumph over champions Juventus.

"We have many good players and I hope to find in all of them a great love for their job and for the Parma shirt."

Sacchi was similarly upbeat and added: "We have signed Cesare Prandelli as we think he is the right coach to help the development of a group of talented, young players.

"I think we have the same views about football and the feeling that we have to communicate to the players."

Prandelli will hope to stay longer than the last man appointed as full-time coach, Daniel Passarella.

The Argentinian was sacked in December, just six weeks into the job, before Carmignani led the team to tenth place in Serie A and victory in the Cup final.

onefootball

1 - 9 of 9 Posts