Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Potenza al Chievo, via Inter
27 gennaio 2005 16:38

Parma FC comunica di aver restituito all'Inter - società dalla quale era arrivato in prestito - il difensore Alessandro Potenza.
L'Inter ha quindi girato il calciatore al Chievo.
fcparma.com

:depress:

I have always liked Potenza, sad that he has gone now. But I understand him, with Carmignani his chances to be a regular starter have not really got better. Good luck for the future, Ale... :proud:

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Have we sold him? That's a bit of a shame, as i too always liked him (i guess because he chose to stay with us this year) and most times i've seen him play i've thought he has done a descent job. I believe he and Ferronetti are of equal talent, but i liked Potenza a lot more.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
He was never owned by us. He's an Inter player.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The advante of Potenza was/is that he is very versatile and can play EVERYWHERE in defence. In the italian U21 NT he plays on the right side, for us he started on the left side and then moved to the centre, where he has done best IMO.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Nooooooooooooo!!!! :( :( why do they always let one of my favourite players go every season!!!!! :cry:

Good luck to you Ale :proud:

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
He was a starter at parma. right?? If he was why the hell did Inter's brilliant managment send him to chievo where he is unlikely to get any chance to play??:rolleyes:

I would have preferred him staying at parma till the end of the season and then returning to Inter.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
I have no idea...why Potenza was sent off but we could have used Potenza...he's better then Cannavaro and Bovo...meh

So instead of shipping Bovo off to Roma or Palermo we have kept the clumsy donkey and given away one of our versatile horses... :stress:

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@stefan9: No he wasnt a starter under Carmignani anymore. With Baldini as coach he played more though.

·
Registered
60,317 Posts
GaGa said:
we could have used Potenza...he's better then Cannavaro and Bovo...meh

So instead of shipping Bovo off to Roma or Palermo we have kept the clumsy donkey and given away one of our versatile horses... :stress:
He's better than Bovo ? And I thought that Bovo had potential, based on his Lecce days. So he turned out to be a flop I guess ?

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Nerazzurri4life said:
He's better than Bovo ? And I thought that Bovo had potential, based on his Lecce days. So he turned out to be a flop I guess ?
I actually liked Potenza alot, especially this year. In the game versus Besiktas (this year) he was great and seemed very mature and secure, which he was. Bovo has been a flop so far but I think the whole defence as a unit has been pretty weak but the central defence have sucked big time. Bovo is a major part in letting alotta goals in due to his mistakes only.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Bovo, and the entire defence, has improved dramatically under Carmignani.

As for Potenza. Now he would be, at best, third choice behind Bettarini and Contini.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Bovo has been doing better, he has been clearing crosses with headers, and has blocked several shots, I think around 3 in the Udinese game. However you still are mistake prone in the back and you have been lucky to escape punishment from it. As I am sure you are well aware. You aren't solid defensively yet but you are improving and are doing better than before Carmignani. Good luck to you in the rest of your season.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
VERDI said:
Bovo, and the entire defence, has improved dramatically under Carmignani.

As for Potenza. Now he would be, at best, third choice behind Bettarini and Contini.
Not really he can play in the centre too... ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts