Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.. for me anyways.

It looks like patience is finally running thin with Baldini. These are comments from Baraldi after todays game:

“Right now we cannot rule out any course of action,” said director Luca Baraldi when asked if there would be a change of management.

“Within the next few hours we will make a decision. I am used to talking frankly and in this moment everyone must accept responsibility for the situation.”

Baldini has been under pressure over the last month, but today’s 2-0 defeat at newly promoted Livorno could prove to be his final match in charge.

“We will evaluate whether Baldini still has a leadership role within this squad,” continued Baraldi. “I told the players that this is no time for anger or shouting, but instead for reflection. I am convinced we are worth more than this position and cannot get caught up in depression.”

The rumours of a sacking were further fuelled when Baldini refused to attend the post-match press conference.

“It is not a choice I agree with, but I do respect it. Today we confirmed our faith in Baldini as a person and in every single player here, so everyone needs to take a look at themselves.”

Baraldi also commented on reports that Alberto Gilardino will join Milan and director Arrigo Sacchi is set for Real Madrid.

“I spoke to Sacchi not long ago and can confirm he is staying with us. I want to add that Gilardino will definitely stay at Parma until June and these stories of a January move are untrue.”

I wouldn't mind as much if we were losing, but playing well and just being unlucky, but I don't think we are. It seems that major work needs to be done, and we generally are playing poor and getting beaten by sides we really shouldn't be getting beaten by.

I don't need to comment on what I think of his desicion as I have documented my thoughts on his procedures in the past. Maybe some will say he needs more time, but me personally, I think he needs to go, and get a fresh face in for the January window if changes of player personnel can go in/out.

Of course this isn't saying he has been given the chop, (maybe he won't), but I think the time is right now to say goodbye.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
I have seen the interview live on SKY and I was pretty happy too. If we'd keep Baldini, Baraldi would have said that he trusts in Baldini bla bla bla. But he didnt. He said that they will speak tonight with him and find the best solution for Parma.

IMO the best solution would be sacking him. I mean, did you see the corner that we had before getting the 2nd goal? It was surely Baldinis idea, a team just trains such things. We have no mentality and this is also his fault, a coach has to motivate his players.

We should try to get Mandorlini...

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dream solution would be the return of Prandelli, yet highly unlikely. Is he eventually going to return to management?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Baldini will have his fault.
But I think we are building on a bad fundation. We had to cut our personal, cut in other costs, so we (maybe) do not have the ideal situation to give stability and build on a team.
In september I heared one of the players complaining about the video in the players bus. He said "And also this is not working. Nothing works here". That is frustration.
If you look at the Parma website, it is not up-to-date. It all gives a poor impresion and poor we are! Not only financial but also on the pitch, but we can not lose faith!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Examining whether Baldini works in the best conditions or whether he is a good coach or not is misleading. The question we should be asking is "Can Baldini save us from relegation?".

I don't think he can. Therefore, we should change him and bring in someone who can.

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
i was reading opinion of Italian fans and they blame more the players that play shit without any motivations.
For sure Baldini is to blame too, but the players are the most guilty.
Yesterday an ex ref. called Michelottii( from Parma and Parma supporter) host to "Controcampo" said:
I GIOCATORI SONO ASSOLUTAMENTE BALORDI, SOPRAVVALUTATI INNANZITUTTO DA LORO STESSI E POI DAGLI ALTRI
(the players are ablsolutely stupids,they are overrated by themself and then to the others)
And he also said that those players are all Under 21 players that for Under they give all and for Parma they give nothing.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
The buck usually stops with the coach of course,Parma have an extremely diverse squad from last season.And they also have a team that doesn't differ to much from the others around them in the table.In this sense I don't blame Baldini so much,He is working with so many youngsters untried in the top flight like other teams as well.
yet I can see him going sadly,But I don't know who would be an ideal replacement right now also.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
AMO, it is important to look at the "Società" that we have dismanteld.
We had a secure organisation, a good team and a very good coach.
That made us arrive almost in the Champions League.
Our team last year:
____________Frey____________
Bonera_Castellini_Ferrari_Seric/Potenza
_____Donadel/Blasi__Barone______
Marchionni_Morfeo_Bresciano
_________Gilardino___________
Our team this year:
___________Frey_____________
Ferronetti_Bovo_Bonera_Potenza
______Simplicio_Budel_____
Marchionni_Morfeo_Bresciano
_______Gilardino__________

So what has changed? The defence and the defensive midfielders, our attack is the same. For us it is difficult to judge, but AMO I agree with you on this:
I don't believe that we can save us with Baldini.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Baldini cannot save us? True.
There are no good managers around? Maybe.
But we still have to fire Baldini, we travel from defeat from defeat and I dont see it ending. Next week we play Roma away, we won't get any points there I think. Not to forget to very important home-game against Besiktas to stay in the UEFA-cup.

I dont think that the players are that guilty. It's the tactic that doesnt work - and then there are too many single-faults after corners or free-kicks.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Is it official Ari? Can you tell us about his management-ability. Which formation he likes to play and such. Who was he coaching before this?

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
yes it is official. I don't know anything about him.
Just that he was your second coach until today...and he played for Parma when there was Scala as a coach.

Btw, this is just a temporary solution until u will not find someone cheap who is better than Baldini....

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
An econimic choise, we will see.
Serie A games Zorratto played for Parma:
1991-1992, 32 games 0 goals
1992-1993, 27 games 0 goals
1993-1994, 21 games 0 goals

1 - 20 of 97 Posts