Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know the rule that only allows posting files at the beginning of a thread, I think it should be specified in the FAQ. Also that if you ask the FM he/she can merge it with the thread you actually want to post it on. Also, I think the FAQ link should be bigger, so people can see where it is, not like now, small at the top. And also, you know the blue on the background now, that should be on the main xtratime.org page aswell instead of that pattern. I think that would look better. :)

I hope I'm not a bother.

Thanks,
Andrei :)

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
The FAQ was constructed ages ago and ever since I believe the admins are too lazy (well too much work to do! ;)) to update it hehe...

Most of the admins are away but I'll pass your suggestions to them. We've thought of redesigning the front page etc, but the thing is, we dont have enough technical/web-design-savvy people at the moment. Our Technical Manager is already preoccupied dealing with the server issues and fixing technical probs when they arise etc, so until we have someone who can help us with that I doubt that anything will come out of the idea.

Interested to volunteer? ;)

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nedved! said:
The FAQ was constructed ages ago and ever since I believe the admins are too lazy (well too much work to do! ;)) to update it hehe...

Most of the admins are away but I'll pass your suggestions to them. We've thought of redesigning the front page etc, but the thing is, we dont have enough technical/web-design-savvy people at the moment. Our Technical Manager is already preoccupied dealing with the server issues and fixing technical probs when they arise etc, so until we have someone who can help us with that I doubt that anything will come out of the idea.

Interested to volunteer? ;)
Sure! I would be delighted to help. :D

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tolga said:
I remember a programmer was looking at the database to fix the attachments at one stage..
Said something about it being so screwed up that it would be a full time job to fix it :irritate:

Has anyone else ever looked into it?
Because attachments are a nice luxury to have :cool:
Is it a problem with vBulletin or Xtratime? Do you mean attaching files etc. to a post which isn't at the beginning of a thread? :confused:

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
I think Martin has already had a look at why attachments only seem to work on the first post only.

It looks like in the VBB control panel we have it enabled to post anytime, but I think when Jan, (who?) was "streamlining" the bandwidth he asked teh programmer to only allow attachments once in a thread. So I think it is an XT speciality!

As Neddie said unfortunately there isn't any way we can address this at present.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since we are on the subject (sort of), does the Xtratime "Parrot Gear" shop still run? Most of the prints are .com and not many people would take that. Whoever's idea it was, I don't think it worked out, did it? :nervous:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts