Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I didn't see the match live. I left work early today to go to the usual bar in downtown to watch the match. When I arrived there, they were showing some freaking NFL match...:groan::mad: They wouldn't change it so I left. :mad: Called up my girl and off we went to watch a movie and then do some X-Mas shopping. Only when I got home I was able to watch the match. And I'm very proud of the Ragazzi!:stuckup: Bravo ragazzi!!!:stuckup::devil:

However, I cannot say the same about the rest. Where do I begin? I'm still fuming!!!!:fero:

I am sorry to say this, but my fellow Juventini, enough is enough!!!!:mad:How long will you guys rely on the ref to keep in the games where your team is totally and utterly dominated? How long would you keep on going stealing points you totally do not deserve? It is not frustrating but disgusting and takes away the credibility of this league...:rollani:

I have a question to ask to those in Italy. A question that everyone in here is also wondering it: why Collina was not given to ref this match? For this type of games, the logical thing would have been to let the best ref have it. Not some utterly incompetent man as Bertini? And how about his assistants? Absolutely unpresentable!!!! Mistake after mistake. Or rather, call after call in favour of Juve... Let us do a quick count of the main ones:

- Zebina brings down Crespo in the area. Clear penalty. He waves to continue...:eek:
- Zebina again does a Jacky Chan move on Kaladze in a corner. Another valid penalty. Waved to carry on.
- Then his assistants, who are as incompetent as him want to make a name for themselves by stopping net the advances of at least 3 totally regular Milan plays for absolutely non-existant off-sides... First on Crespo, then Sheva and again Seedorf....:mad:
- Jealous that his assistants are stealing the spotlight from him, he ignores two cynical Juve fouls. One, Thuram should have got a direct red for his two feet tackle on Kaka. Two, after the first free-kick Sheva gets the ball back and Emerson tackles him NFL style. Another yellow if not more as the Brasilian was collecting those cynical fouls throughout the match...:rollani: Oh and about that incredibly blatant misjudgement by Sgr Bertini in not allowing the advantage on Kaka after the Brasilian escaped the Materazzi like tackle of Thuram? :rollani: Simply horrendous!!!!:mad:
- It is a mystery to me as to how a) Zebina is a professional football player and b) how the hell he managed to finish the game without a card. With an objective and competent ref, he would have certainly not ended the match...:eek:

I could continue for hours on the horrendous refereing decisions, but that would be a waste of time as it would make me even more madder...so let me talk about the game.

From the first kick off till the last, saying that Milan were the better team by miles would be the biggest understatement of the year. We outplayed them, dominated them like rarely I've seen Mighty Juve being outplayed that way. There were long sequences of the match were Milan were simply passing the ball with confidence and ease with the Juve players totally hopeless and hapless and not knowing what hit them. As soon as the Juve players got the ball, they would lose it right away. At times, it was embarassing. I felt bad watching that, specially thinking of the neutral fan watching it would expect more from Juve than this semi impersonification of the best good ol' kick n rush. :groan:

The home team never looked like the home team. They looked not only like the away team, but also and more incredibly, like a team playing just to limit the damage as they were conscious of the fact that they couldn't do anything against this Red and Black storm that kept on coming at them wave after wave. :stuckup::devil:

We took the initiative from start to end. We had total control of possession. I believe it was like 23 minute for Juve and 34 minutes for Milan. Simply mind blowing. For such a big team to conceed so much ball possession to another big team is inadmissible. And worst of all, at home:eekani::stress:

There may be a temporary 4 points gap between Juve and Milan. However, after tonight's show, there is no doubt left in the minds of any self respecting football fan which team is the overall better team. And by a large margin. Today, Milan played like champions. Juve played like a provinciale, that is a small team. They didn't even play like a challenger. Juve's best players: Thuram and Cannavaro, Zambrotta as usual omni-present. Emerson tactically was vital for Juve for his dirty tricks in midfield which would have not been allowed with an objective and competent ref....:eek: Nedved shone by his diving antics...:yuck: Oh, btw, was :jester: Pier Piero :jester: playing?:stress: If his previous performances in the big games were the impersonifications of Mr. Invisible, tonight's was the reincarnation of a ghost!:lala: :howler: :jester:

I'm truly schocked by the lack of idea when it comes to playing football and creating plays from Juve. So predictable. Balance it up front to Ibra and hope for the best. Honestly, with the way Juve are playing, and if you play the same way against Madrid, they will tear you apart. Their defence may not be as strong as ours, but come Feb-March, they should be settled at the back and with the guys they have up front, I wouldn't be surprised to see Los Galacticos do a goleada against Juve...:lala:

As far as the remaining of the Serie A season is concerned, from a Milan's point of view, we can be optimistic. The 4 point gap is only temporary. Juve and every Capello team has historically a calo in January and will drop points and Milan will catch up and take the lead. It's only a matter of time. The scudetto is clearly at our reach. If we play like tonight, da Milan, it is only ours to lose regardless of the misleading 4 point gap.

I have just one more question:
Since refs are officially drawn then why is that that Juve can chose not to have Collina officiate their games?:stress::groan: There should be no team above any other with the option of chosing or imposing a veto on a ref who happens to be one of the more capable of not only all Serie A but the world?
What I'd like to see is to have the next Milan-Juve given to either Collina or even better, for it to truly be objective, to a foreign ref, one of the top UEFA officials. This way, Juve's legendary 12th men will not interfere with the result as it's been the case for this whole season so far, week in, week out...That truly fals the results and the table. Bologna were robbed last week. Milan tonight. It would be for the best interest of Serie A and its credibility to stop this constant, eternal Juve favoring....:rollani::groan:

If you are the best, then prove it on the field without the blatant help of the ref. Once or twice a season, that could be tolerated. However, week in, week out, clock-wise as a good Swiss watch, then that's inadmissible and takes away the credibility of the league and the respect of other fans if you were to win on the field.

On tuesday, in one of his press-conference, Carletto said that we will bring the ball and Moggi, the ref. It may sound funny, however, it has been, once again, the reality...:groan::eek:

Tonight, we may have been robbed of 2 points, but we all saw, which was the best team by far. Which team played the best football (actually there was only one team playing football...). Most importantly, we realized the difference of class, ability and maestria between the 2 teams. Like night and day. One team that scratches with the tail of its finger, scrappy wins while the other does it with total domination, imposing their game and tempo to every team and on every stadium! Tonight, the Ragazzi made me and all of us Milanisti proud of them. :proud:

GRAZIE RAGAZZI!!!AVETE GIOCATO DA LEONI!!!!:stuckup::devil:
E DA LEONI, VINCEREMO QUEL TRICOLORE ANCHE QUESTO ANNO!!!:stuckup::devil:
NONOSTANTE IL DOPING E IL CONTINUO AVANTAGGI ARBITRALI DI QUESTO VECCHIA PUTTANA!!!:fero: :stuckup:

FORZA DIAVOLI!!!!:devil::star:
SIAMO NOI, SIAMO NOI, I PIU FORTI SIAMO NOI!!!!:star::stuckup: :devil::proud:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
San Siro I think you are grossly exagerating the badness of Bertini in this game. Yes, there were some bad calls but the ones you would expect in any match. The linesmen weren't the best but they weren't terrible terrible. Maybe Bertini robbed Milan of 3 points but to be frank I have seen a lot worse calls. No the refereeing wasen't the best but by all means it wasen't the worst. Of course with more displays like that I believe Milan will be able to win the Scudetto. They are the most deserving team.

Again I will ask anyone: Do you think that Bertini looks a little bit like Micheal Kane the british actor who was in the original "Italian Job" and was Austin Powers father in the second Austin Powers movie?????

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Payman said:
It is a mystery to me as to how a) Zebina is a professional football player and b) how the hell he managed to finish the game without a card. With an objective and competent ref, he would have certainly not ended the match...
When he was in Roma - he used to be carded on a daily basis, but now he is playing in Shameful Juventus.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last time I remember seeing a team being totally and comprehensively being outplayed and still somehow escaping undefeated was in March of 2000, in a CL first leg 1/4 final between Real and Man Utd. Real totally outplayed, outshot and outclassed United (who were the defending champs at the time!) with something like 19 shots to 1 or 2. The game ended 0-0. Thanks mainly to the constant miracles of Schmeichel. However, in the 2nd leg, Real won at OT 3-2 on their way to their 8th European Crown....

Hopefully the history would repeat but this time with us...:hopefull::devil: :stuckup:

FORZA RAGAZZI!!!:star::proud: :devil:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I don't know why but at some point I knew milan will draw
with juve .for this reason I didn't put my thought in pre game comment
milan played better but all matter is the result which is (0-0)
hard luck to milan

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
great post, payman.:star: I agree with every single words of it.

some more points to add though.
first, after the foul of thuram on kaka, kaka was through and we had 3 men against 2 in their PENALTY BOX. the referee SHOULD wave the play on and we could score...but instead that pathetic Bertini stopped the match and gave a freekick. That's scandalous.

and also it's the first time this season i see ALL rossoneri players are in form. from kaka to seedorf, from crespo to billy, all 11 players deserve praise. particulary KALADZE:star: before his injury gave an EXCELLENT display.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Great post by this San Siro fellow.

Milan was simply superb tonight and should have won by at least 2-3 goals. They were the only team on the pitch. I can't believe how easily they controlled Ibrahimovic and Nedved. Much praise has to be given not only to the Milan midfield but also to Ancelotti. Great game, great team, and good luck!!

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
The refereeing was disgraceful as usual and as we expected favouring La vecchia Vacca.But in reality also we missed our chances and should of taken them.I'm pleased about the point because to go to Torino and get a draw against Juve is still a pleasing result.
But we have to also take our chances,and shoot Juve's number 12. :dielaugh:

·
Registered
667 Posts
slightly exagerating but everyone realizes that all those things summed up makes it bad, i also liked zlatans bodycheck with elbow first on gatusso :eek:

i still cant still let go of the linesman waving offside for sheva when he would have been alone with buffon, makes me wanna punch something :eek:

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
I really love the double standards. It's really funny. When you get outplayed by Barca over 180 minutes, your just having a bad day.When we have a rough time against you guys though, suddenly your the best thing since sliced bread, and we're Serie C material? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Milan practices the best football in Europe, with no doubt.

Milan needs to recover soon Inzaghi and Tomasson, with only 2 strikers it's difficult to win all matches, Milan plays better than Juventus, getting 0-0 with a stupid referee, Collina where are you???

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Hasuni said:
I really love the double standards. It's really funny. When you get outplayed by Barca over 180 minutes, your just having a bad day.When we have a rough time against you guys though, suddenly your the best thing since sliced bread, and we're Serie C material? :rolleyes:

where's the double standard thing? :rolleyes:

as shown in the two barca-milan and our match yesterday, it;s clear that barca's midfield is better than ours, while our midfield is miles ahead of yours.

as simple as that. :wallbang:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
From TV Show "Guida al Campionato" today :excited:
"Who's that new Juve player dressed in yellow that on his own has prevented Milan from winning?" :excited:

Having said that unlike till the early 80's when Juve most certainly bribed refs, that as a result gives them atleast 7 or 8 Scudetti, the most notorius of witch at the expenses of Milan 2 (1971 and 1973), Fiorentina (early 80's), Roma (early 80's) and Inter (early 60's), I believe that the only certain bribing in refereeing in recent times was during WC 2002 in favour of the Korean team in their matches vs Italy and Spain. I would like to add in all fairness that Bertini prevented Milan from winning, possibly even 3 or 4 nothing, cause if that crystal clear penalty on Crespo was awarded, I belive that last night Milan would have slaughtered Juve. Furthermore, the penalty on Kakadze was very similar to the penalty awarded to Maccabi in their game vs Juve in CL, if indeed even more visible.
Juve commited an incredible amount of fouls yet Juve received only 1 yeallow card, Juve is also by far the team that fouls the most in Serie A but is not awarded that many yellow cards and has had only 1 red card.
The 2 offsides on Crespo and Sheva flying towards Buffon unmarked and the 3-2 situation with Kaka, Crespo and Sheva heading towads the penalty area on a counter with a great chance of converting in goal a indeed very favourable situation, only underlines our discomfort towards Bertini. As Juve have already have been undoubtebly favoured vs Bologna, Palermo, Chievo and Samp, and partially vs Inter, as I believe that in the end dubious calls square out, I am more than certain that Juve's "luck" for what is left this season has come to an end. :stuckup:

Once again "Stuntman" Nedved has performed his tricks. He "delivered" his magical dives 3 times during yesterdays match, none of witch collected a yellow :frustrat: http://xoomer.virgilio.it/yellowlyon/Stuntman.jpg

Del Piero, as usual as Payman :cool: said, was a Ghost. Lippi please take note :stuckup:

No need to add that we were most possibly robbed (not threw bribery), a definetly well deserved win last night. :shades:

Forza Milan :devil:

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Elephant King said:
where's the double standard thing? :rolleyes:

as shown in the two barca-milan and our match yesterday, it;s clear that barca's midfield is better than ours, while our midfield is miles ahead of yours.

as simple as that. :wallbang:
The double standard is you shrug of the Barca matches because you were inferior to them, at the same time when you are better then us in one game you are the best, and we're the worst.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Diavolo said:
From TV Show "Guida al Campionato" today :excited:
"Who's that new Juve player dressed in yellow that on his own has prevented Milan from winning?" :excited:

Having said that unlike till the early 80's when Juve most certainly bribed refs, that as a result gives them atleast 7 or 8 Scudetti, the most notorius of witch at the expenses of Milan 2 (1971 and 1973), Fiorentina (early 80's), Roma (early 80's) and Inter (early 60's), I believe that the only certain bribing in refereeing in recent times was during WC 2002 in favour of the Korean team in their matches vs Italy and Spain. I would like to add in all fairness that Bertini prevented Milan from winning, possibly even 3 or 4 nothing, cause if that crystal clear penalty on Crespo was awarded, I belive that last night Milan would have slaughtered Juve. Furthermore, the penalty on Kakadze was very similar to the penalty awarded to Maccabi in their game vs Juve in CL, if indeed even more visible.
Juve commited an incredible amount of fouls yet Juve received only 1 yeallow card, Juve is also by far the team that fouls the most in Serie A but is not awarded that many yellow cards and has had only 1 red card.
The 2 offsides on Crespo and Sheva flying towards Buffon unmarked and the 3-2 situation with Kaka, Crespo and Sheva heading towads the penalty area on a counter with a great chance of converting in goal a indeed very favourable situation, only underlines our discomfort towards Bertini. As Juve have already have been undoubtebly favoured vs Bologna, Palermo, Chievo and Samp, and partially vs Inter, as I believe that in the end dubious calls square out, I am more than certain that Juve's "luck" for what is left this season has come to an end. :stuckup:

Once again "Stuntman" Nedved has performed his tricks. He "delivered" his magical dives 3 times during yesterdays match, none of witch collected a yellow :frustrat:

Del Piero, as usual as Payman :cool: said, was a Ghost. Lippi please take note :stuckup:

No need to add that we were most possibly robbed (not threw bribery), a definetly well deserved win last night. :shades:

Forza Milan :devil:
When Nedved from behind clattered into Cafu's leg and then fell like he had been shot and earned Juve a fk from a dangerous place. That was class A diving.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts