Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After how what seems like forever , we get to celebrate and injury time victory, from a goal that came out of nowhere. Considering the pent up anger from the first leg. Most of us went crazy. I was shaking, trembling, cursing and rejoicing all at the same time. The adrenaline rush was such the I was in bed and couldn't sleep for a good 2 hours. Woke up today morning , and it was clear that we didn't play well last night. Except for the fact that we fought till the last minute , there was no positive from last night. Anybody who dis-agrees , should go and read his own comments in the match thread. And I'm talking about , before the Iniesta goal.

If we play like we did last night , we can kiss the CL goodbye. Man U are a better version of Chelsea , better in defense and better on the counter. With a fullback missing and a CB missing , we we are just dis-organized. You could see the offside trap failing last night. It's Marquez or Puyol who usually organize the line. Puyol will mostly start as a RB. With our offside trap failing we can't stop the counter. It is our most potent defensive weapon considering we play with such a high defensive line. Also Toure slotting in as a CB leaves us , very weak in the middle of the park. He's very good at recovering and bringing Iniesta and Xav into the game. You could see last night , Busquets wasn't upto the task against Lampard and Essien. Also Eto'o , Messi and Henry take a lot of defenders with them , but Eto'o has been just wasting the space , not making enough runs. Always insisting on recieving the ball with his back to the goal. It's just not working. We are just not direct enough in attack. Against a team playing high defensive line , you pass it around a look for a gap. But against teams like Man U who defend on the edge of the box , you have to be more direct and take more risks. Tricks and flicks at the edge of the box are not enough. And that's a lot of things wrong with an attack , and don't even get me started on the defensive frailties. With Abidal , Dani and Marquez out , that's 3 of our starting back 4.

But the UCL final comes once in a lifetime. We know our situation. We know the opponent. We know how they're gonna play. Don't fool yourself into thinking they will come out to attack. They will play exactly like they did against us last year. It will be a carbon copy of the 2nd leg at OT. The same thing that Chelsea did last night. We can't have any excuses. We have 3 weeks to prepare. No more grand slam. No more excuses. We can't be dependent on the referee.We will have no one but ourselves to blame.

BUT WE HAVE TO FVCKIN IMPROVE. 147 goals in all competitions , doesn't matter . Flowing attacking football all through the year, is all jack shit if we can't replicate it on the 27th. The opponent might bunker and play anti-football. SO WHAT? That is no excuse. At the end of the day , if we don't win there is no second chance.

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
Well,the biggest deal is our lack of height.We need a big CF who can acts as a target man,like Pep was looking for last year and also have feet skills to play with the front 3.That would be plan B,simple as that.we also need a proper LB and move Abidal to CB.

Othwerise,we are fine.And please recover Milito.Would be alot of help and decide on Caceres,dont know what is the judgement yet.

·
10,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well,the biggest deal is our lack of height.We need a big CF who can acts as a target man,like Pep was looking for last year and also have feet skills to play with the front 3.That would be plan B,simple as that.we also need a proper LB and move Abidal to CB.

Othwerise,we are fine.And please recover Milito.Would be alot of help and decide on Caceres,dont know what is the judgement yet.
Well we don't have a big guy right now , and Abidal is suspended for the finals. What we do for next season is still far away. But this about the finals.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
BUT WE HAVE TO FVCKIN IMPROVE. .
You need to play like you did vs R.Madrid. If you do you will score 2 or 3 (ManU is better than Real in defending) and will probably conceed 2 or 3, but at least that gives you a 50-50% shot at winning.

·
Registered
28,216 Posts
Don't know about Caceres at right back.

I think Pep would like to play Yaya at CB, but the fact both Sergio B and Keita played so badly will make him think twice. Whoever plays in the back 4 at least there is few weeks to prepare ourselves, hopefully no more injuries pop up.

·
Banned
131 Posts
Don't know about Caceres at right back.

I think Pep would like to play Yaya at CB, but the fact both Sergio B and Keita played so badly will make him think twice. Whoever plays in the back 4 at least there is few weeks to prepare ourselves, hopefully no more injuries pop up.
The midfield (our strongest asset) shouldn't be sacrificed again! Caceres is a defender, we bought him for 16 million euro's, he should be given chances in the coming games to prove that he is up to the task.

·
Registered
28,216 Posts
The midfield (our strongest asset) shouldn't be sacrificed again! Caceres is a defender, we bought him for 16 million euro's, he should be given chances in the coming games to prove that he is up to the task.
Exactly, i think he will go for Puyol at RB and Pique-Caceres in the middle.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Post - euphoria thoughts? Really? Do I have to? :D

Seriously, this season has been about enjoying all three competitions one game at a time. This Barcelona team is wonderful, contributions from everyone, even the much maligned Valdes. Great team play, attacking always, never giving up and with a tremendous coach.

So my post euphoria thought is simply on the Villarreal game. Lets just enjoy watching them play :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
How big is the pitch in the final? I expect the pitch to be a major bearing on who wins. Barcelona were not good because they did not have space, Chelsea's pitch is a lot smaller than the Camp Nou' and other La Liga pitches. Having said that, Chelsea are one dimensional despite spending millions. Man United can play any type of game because they have so many different type of players. I expect it to be a great game with lot's of goals. 50/50 who wins.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Yaya is the reason Xavi and Iniesta can finally play together and, considering that you'll have a second-string defense for the Final, the last thing you need is to compromise control in midfield. You just need to play your usual game of quick touches, intelligent off the ball movement, crisp passing and firm execution.

It is physically and tactically impossible to rip into teams 24/7 - you had your day off last night - so I expect the real Barca to show up in the Final.

Man Utd's mistake in the Final will be inviting pressure, it worked for them last season as you couldn't muster a single decent chance at Old Trafford, but this team is a different proposition. Will Fergie realize that?

·
Banned
131 Posts
How big is the pitch in the final? I expect the pitch to be a major bearing on who wins. Barcelona were not good because they did not have space, Chelsea's pitch is a lot smaller than the Camp Nou' and other La Liga pitches. Having said that, Chelsea are one dimensional despite spending millions. Man United can play any type of game because they have so many different type of players. I expect it to be a great game with lot's of goals. 50/50 who wins.
Camp Nou: 105 × 68 m
Stadio Olimpico: 105 × 68 m
Stamford Bridge: 103 x 67 m

As you can see the difference between Stamford Bridge and Camp Nou isn't even that big!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Camp Nou: 105 × 68 m
Stadio Olimpico: 105 × 68 m
Stamford Bridge: 103 x 67 m

As you can see the difference between Stamford Bridge and Camp Nou isn't even that big!
Actually, those numbers fool you (it did me aswell). The diffrence is actually 239 square meters, which is quite massive if you think about it. Ofcourse players don't use all of the pitch at their disposal, but still it makes a diffrence.

·
In Exile
5,398 Posts
Actually, those numbers fool you (it did me aswell). The diffrence is actually 239 square meters, which is quite massive if you think about it. Ofcourse players don't use all of the pitch at their disposal, but still it makes a diffrence.
You stole my reply.

240 square meters mean that you can put 240 extra Drogbas on the filed to dive and foul eachother simultaneously.

EDIT: And it would leave enough room for Ballack to chase the ref zigzaging between the bouncing Drogbas.

·
Registered
713 Posts
You stole my reply.

240 square meters mean that you can put 240 extra Drogbas on the filed to dive and foul eachother simultaneously.

EDIT: And it would leave enough room for Ballack to chase the ref zigzaging between the bouncing Drogbas.
hahahahaha, true :thumbsup:

·
10,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hahahahaha, true :thumbsup:
Hey Catalan05 , just noticed , that you're in Dubai too. Do you know of any penyas in Dubai ? Or any Barca fan clubs ? Or Bars where Barca fans gather to watch the matches. Almost every pub here is filled with stupid EPL fans.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Yaya is the reason Xavi and Iniesta can finally play together and, considering that you'll have a second-string defense for the Final, the last thing you need is to compromise control in midfield. You just need to play your usual game of quick touches, intelligent off the ball movement, crisp passing and firm execution.

It is physically and tactically impossible to rip into teams 24/7 - you had your day off last night - so I expect the real Barca to show up in the Final.

Man Utd's mistake in the Final will be inviting pressure, it worked for them last season as you couldn't muster a single decent chance at Old Trafford, but this team is a different proposition. Will Fergie realize that?
I think the most positive factor for the final is that it is one game. Man U can't rely on a home leg to tip the game in their factor and think to sit back all game ala in Camp Nou. of course I would expect them to be cagey and try to respond on the counter, but I think you will also see a more controlled Barça than what we saw last night. Last night was conditioned by a wonder goal from Essien. If he doesn't score that, the huge spaces don't appear for Chelsea. We had to go for the goal from that moment and that left us vulnerable. Of course we could give up an early goal in Roma and find ourselves in the same situation.

Key for the final. Henry must be healthy so Iniesta can play in midfield.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
I think some of the problems with performance will hopefully end when we get to rest players. If things go our way this weekend, we could be champions by monday morning. If that happens, the players don't need to worry about the league matches and Eto'o, Messi and co can sit in the stands and relax. Other tactical concerns or whatever, I'm going to wait to see who will be available at the time before I spew words.

ps. I HATE Chelsea. I despise them, I loathe and abhor them. They are our European arch enemy, our exact opposite. They represent all the things we don't, and I can honestly say that their pain gives me new life. :howler:

·
Banned
564 Posts
not exact opposite, you're from Scotland and support Barcelona...

atleast most of their fans are actually from London

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Well your teams best players arent exactly from Manchester either...And i think you have the shittiest position to start bragging about fans that are from Manchester or near it, okay ?

Just saying that starting to ask questions about a fans loyalty from the perspective of where he is from is not the smartest idea.

P.S. Makes us all a favor and die. Or castrate yourself. Id prefer the first though as this saves us all from your pointless BS you write under the cover of ones opinion but the other works also as first and foremost the goal should be you not being able to give offsprings. Just for the wellbeing of the humanity and the planet, i guess.

So what say you ? I can even buy you a drink. Good deal, aint it ?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts