Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PERUGIA, Italy (AP) -- Serie A club Perugia, which has a tradition of fishing players from emerging markets, is bidding for U.S. players for the next campaign of the Italian league.

Perugia officials were quoted by Italy's largest sports daily Gazzetta dello Sport as saying that they were negotiating the possible transfer of Landon Donovan, Marcus Beasley and Clint Mathis.

Perugia team manager Alberto Di Chiara was in talks with U.S. Major League Soccer for Beasley and Mathis and with Germany's Bayer Leverkusen for Donovan, the newspaper said.

"U.S. players are landing in Perugia," Gazzetta dello Sport wrote.

In the last season Perugia fielded such unheralded players as Iranian Ali Samereh, Bosnian Zlatan Muslimovic and South Korean Ahn Jung-Hwan.

Ahn scored South Korea's golden goal Tuesday, which eliminated Italy from the World Cup.

Perugia president Luciano Gaucci received international attention this week after suggesting that he may fire the Korean forward for his "misbehavior" against the Italian team.

Imgine all 3 of them on the same team playing in what many including myself to be the best league in the world

·
Registered
17,812 Posts
Everyone in the whole world should boycott Perugia after the stupid stunt they pulled in firing Ahn because he scored the winning goal against Italy! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Well

in any case if them 3 came to any club together it would be great

they would have frends and would settle faster
improve their understaning...only benefitting the US
And much more experience and training with better players will only improve em

PLUS we might see more seria a here :D...for a milan fan that ius great news :D

Lav

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree 100 % I think what perugia did was wrong , but that is football , its not like he wont have any interest , he has had a very good tournament , by the way lav forza nerazurri buddy ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts