Xtratime Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PARMA AND INTER WORKING TOWARD PLAYER EXCHANGE - GRESKO FOR ALMEYDA
Sunday, 30 June 2002 16:07:47
MILAN - Officials from Inter and Parma met today to discuss the possibility of a player swap involving left winger Vratislav Gresko and Argentine midfielder Matias Almeyda. A deal could soon be struck, in which case both players would be sold definitively.

inter.it

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
bj2008,
Don't worry. Matias is always injured anyway... ;)

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
i would jump at this deal maybe if this was 3 seasons ago. Right now almeyda isn't very useful for us.

I think maybe keeping gresko isn't such a bad idea since we'd only have 2 left defenders if gresko gets sold. Geo is a question mark next season, so we don't really have options for the left back. Relying solely on coco at the left is dangerous because we have a LONG way to go in CL.

Almeyda is still good imo, but very injury prone, we need a creative defensive midfield, but almeyda isn't the man we need.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Long way in the CL? ;) Nah, not Inter... :tongue: It will be over before you know it. :D

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it's official!!!

Gresko-Almeyda swap done Monday 1 July, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parma have today confirmed that they have signed Inter's Vratislav Gresko in exchange for Matias Almeyda.

Football Italia reported on Sunday that a deal was close to completion and the Gialloblu have now made the move official.

Gresko, a left-sided defender, had a difficult last campaign with the Nerazzurri and was set to lose his place after Inter signed Francesco Coco.

Meanwhile, Almeyda is a long time Inter target who finally makes the San Siro switch after he turned down a move to Turkish side Fenerbache.

channel4 ;)

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
VERDI said:
Long way in the CL? ;) Nah, not Inter... :tongue: It will be over before you know it. :D
Yeah and Parma enjoyed a long Champions League season last season did they:rolleyes:.

I hope Gresko enjoys Parma a smaller club would be good for him!.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Well, at least we lost against a real team. You lost against Helsingborg last time around. :howler:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thursday, July 4, 2002
Almeyda set for Serie A swap shop
By Simon Evans

MILAN, July 4 (Reuters) - Argentina World Cup midfielder Matias Almeyda is set to become the latest Serie A player to change teams as cash-strapped Italian clubs look to swap rather than buy new players.
Inter Milan told Reuters that Almeyda, currently with Parma, would complete a move later on Thursday with Inter's Slovak defender Vratislav Gresko moving in the opposite direction.

"It will be concluded today," a spokesman for Inter said.

Former Lazio midfielder Almeyda will link up at Inter with his compatriot, coach Hector Cuper and his Argentina team mate Javier Zanetti.

Gresko, who joined Inter from Bayer Leverkusen midway through the 2000-01 season, came in for heavy criticism after he made a crucial error in Inter's 4-2 loss to Lazio on the last day of the season which allowed Juventus to snatch the title.

SWAP DEALS

Already the close-season has seen a number of swap deals - several of them involving the two Milan clubs - Inter and AC Milan.

Italy left back Francesco Coco has joined Inter from Milan after ending his loan spell with Spanish club Barcelona.

Dutch international midfielder Clarence Seedorf has moved from Inter to Milan as part of the deal.

Defender Dario Simic of Croatia, has moved from Inter to AC Milan as part of a deal which sees Umit Davala, a key member of the Turkey side which surpassed all expectations to finish third in the World Cup, move to Inter.

But Inter have loaned Umit back to his former Turkish club Galatasaray - at least for the time being.

The lack of resources for the transfer market in Italy means that even clubs who have brought in players without an exchange have opted for free-transfer, out-of-contract players or low-cost deals.

AS Roma have signed Greek defender Traianos Dellas on a free transfer from Perugia and Spanish midfielder Pep Guardiola, also without cost, from Brescia.

Roma coach Fabio Capello has spent nine million euros ($8.79 million) to bring in defender Luigi Sartor from Parma.

If there are to be any big-money deals before the start of the Serie A season they are likely to involve Italy defenders Alessandro Nesta and Fabio Cannavaro.

Lazio's Nesta and Parma's Cannavaro have been linked with Inter, Juventus and AC Milan - but so far none have been willing to reach agreement over a transfer fee.

soccernet ;)

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
Damn, i hope cuper can revitalize almeyda.
His intension of being the argentine savior is wearing thin, his transfer champiagne of kily gonza, guly,vivas, almeyda is gettin' old.

We all know guly,vivas, almeyda WERE good players, but risking our CL games on these guys are risky. Hopfully almeyda won't be another guly and cuper insist on playing him.

Otherwise i am actually very happy about this swap, since i thought that we really needed a creative defensive midfielder, and i think almeyda IF HIS FORMER SELF IS GAINED, could very well end our transfer concern regarding the central midfield.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Well Vivas is decent defender when he is healthy, but Guly is just crap, however I consider this deal a steal. I predict that Almeyda will win a starting role on the team by Christmas.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Almeyda is excellent bench material

DiBiagio and C.Zanetti starting Almeyda and Emre on the bench plus probably Perrota who is an excellent player and Dalmat can also play central. No doubt guys no doubt we can make it

Last season we were a bit thin cos Farinos was basically it plus Emre who lacked experience a bit. But with a world cup under his belt we will see an even better Emre now and plus Almeyda and Perrota. We'll have a great bench ready for any injuries

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I don´t get one thing with fans that always complains about Emre and that he is to unexperienced. My friend there are players that are 30 years old and they are crap. Expreience comes with games...which emre has ahad a lot of before he came to Inter. He played more CL games than anybody else in Inter. If he makes a unfogiveble tackle on Emreson 5 minutes after he comes on....that ain´t unexperience...that´s just plain and simply to much will. He don´t get a lot of minutes per/game at INter...that is why he is so intense...he want to win every duel/battle just to conince cuper. Let him start for a couple of games and he wount do thoose misstakes......He and Ronaldo are the only ones that reached far in the WC.....he was good in the world cup and I can´t see why he can´t replace Dibi along with CZ. He should be givíng more chances this season....otherwise he should go to another team...where he can play and get a chance to prover everybody wrong.

Emre is a experienced player who deserves playing time at Inter....

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Now its official with Inter signing Almeyda and Gresko going the other way,Almeyda after Vivas,Guly and J.Zanetti becomes the 4th Argentinian at Inter and this not including the coach Hector Cuper.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.