Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The spanish referees are threatening to go on a strike if they don't get paid for the refereeing(right word?:googly: ) in February and March. If they don't get paid by tuesday, they won't referee a single game in La Primera and La Segunda. This means that if they go on a strike, El Clásico will be cancelled because it's next weekend.

http://sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=290735&idseccio_PK=803&h=

This might be good. If El Clásico will be postponed, we might have Messi back for the game too. But still... I don't want to wait for a Barçagame more than one week.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Referees are paid? :howler: :lala: :cool:

In all seriousness, meh, let them go on strike, if they aren't getting paid, they should protest, they have a right to.

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,658 Posts
Would they really have the cheek to go on strike considering the very shoddy work they are doing? Have a look at Sid Lowe's neutral article in The Guardian 2 weeks ago or even better, watch Rodriguez Santiago tomorrow.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
I seriously doubt that they'll go on a strike.
The WC is looming on the horizon and delaying a whole jornada would only create more worries to Spanish commitees so i expect an agreement to be reached before the deadline.

·
Registered
450 Posts
:dazed:

Postponed?! But to when?
La Liga really's crazy.........from the fight for runner's-up spot to the relegation battle......and now you got dissatisfied refs.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Barca_AT19 said:
This should prove to the Merengues that we haven't paid them shit :finger: :D
Nope. Laporta paid our part, but it looks like there is no money in Real to pay them. :D

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
ViscaBarcaInter said:
Spanish refs aren't paid?

Not even part time?
They're paid... and really well paid.

They say that LFP didn't pay them the last 2 months. LFP says that they transferred 1,1M € to RFEF for this aspect. So... if this is true, someone has 1,1M€ in his pocket? :D Bah, it's always the same. I'd be surprised if they go on strike.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Fair enough.

Although I don't quite understand how LFP could just not pay them for that long.

A referee strike? That may be the only time a group of workers go on strike and the general public are in favour of the company rather than the workers. :D

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
This is wonderful news. I hope they do go on strike, because then every village idiot can volunteer to officiate the game instead, and we can all see how much better a job the average couch potato can do than a professional referee! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
numerodix said:
This is wonderful news. I hope they do go on strike, because then every village idiot can volunteer to officiate the game instead, and we can all see how much better a job the average couch potato can do than a professional referee! :thumbsup:
:howler:

That would be good to watch. :pp

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
They can get paid as soon as THEY START REFEREEING

:finger: They are the worst referees of any major football league. :stuckup:

LET THEM EAT CAKE!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Albert Johanneson said:
Or postpone it till a later date when Barça are already champions. Even better would be to win the league at this very match.
it will be perfect to see them make us the passage.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts